Office Ally

Office Ally Employee Reviews in Vancouver, WA

The upper management at Office Ally did not treat their employees on the floor with credit for the great support and customer service the company is known for.
They work hard to keep programming, QA, and BA employees happy. I don’t know about other departments. They are working to update the code to use modern technology.
The job was alright, not much excitement. The pay could have been WAY better, but it was constant hours and pay. I was overqualified, but didn't mind the work. The manager that they put in place when my hiring manager was let go was not up to the task, and had very little experience in management. The owner decided to move the sales department to Texas in order to save money on taxes and healthcare. So I was forced to either move to Texas on my own dime, or look for other work. I chose not to move.
Office Ally micromanaged to the ninth degree. Though I felt that I learned many useful skills on the job I thought the management style was too stringent.
I learned a lot about the customer and technical support, as well as practice management systems. The clients were great but the management didn't value their employees. Also, the pay was mediocre.
Pros
Experience in the EMR industry
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
I had a great time working for Office Ally. I was given lots of flexibility, and range to do my work. I found out one day, that the CEO was a bigot, so I could not, In good conscience continue working for him. The end.
There isnt much to say here, its a call center setting so its pretty self explanatory. we were not making cold calls or telemarketing, but helping out with questions for people that had already purchased the software that the company made
Assist customers with resolving problems and rejections on medical claims filed electronically using a medical clearinghouse database, while providing protection of PHI.
I have been with Office Ally for five years as of July 2014. Office Ally is a call center setting. I am responsible for taking calls each day and working through any issues. I have great co workers. I have had a chance to work with many different people.
A typical day would start by checking my emails, and then faxes. We would get anywhere from 200-400 faxes per day. I would split my time between checking and organizing faxes to creating new accounts and updating services. I learned a lot about what a clearinghouse is and does. My co-workers were great! I enjoyed them all. The hardest part of this job was that at times it was stressful due to the large workload. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to listen to my headphones and focus on my work with little distraction.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
short breaks and a very stringent attendance policy
Taking inbound calls from customers with electronic medical claim issues, guiding them through correcting the issues so they can be forwarded on to insurance companies. Co-workers were great to work with. Enjoyed meeting everyone and becoming good friends. Hardest part of the job was the training. It was very hard in the beginning but once you get it its much more simple. It was definitely a challenge. Most enjoyable part Id have to say was the people I worked with.
Pros
Good experience for future jobs in that industry.
Cons
Wage could be higher and ability to work overtime
not a long term career path. mgmt has no interest in their employees well being - only talk to you when there is an issue. the communication from mgmt down and across depts is non-existent. unfair grading scale on raises - example people that have been there for years might get a .10 or .25 raise after being there almost two years but someone that has been there for not even a year may get a $2 raise because the ceo 'likes' them. the only good thing about this place is the co-workers - its kind of like being stuck on a life boat in the middle of nowhere and the only thing you have are the other people on the boat
Pros
if you have a pulse, they will hire you. m-f, 8-5. they buy pizza once in a while
Cons
poor pay, performance reviews and communication from mgmt.