Office Depot OfficeMax Employee Reviews

Found 8,319 reviews matching the search See all 9,103 reviews
Great Place to work - like family
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WANovember 11, 2018
College student or single parent or grandparent this is a great place to step into that keeps your knowledge up to date with todays ever moving technology.
At the time I worked for the company they were the best of what I called family. Great benefits. Great managers.
Great customer base also. With so many business people who come through you get to mingle with the best of them. Made some great friends and connections.
Pros
Everything - great management
Cons
cant think of any cons
It's very stressful there at time and no respect
Equipment Operator III/ and inventory control (Current Employee) –  United StatesNovember 11, 2018
There is no respect there from upper management and there's no equal opportunity here at this company. If you Hispanic male or a female you have a better chance of moving up in the company
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Only one break, and a lunch break
Enjoyable fast paced work enviornment
Customer Service Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CANovember 11, 2018
I really enjoyed this work environment. I thought it was clearly thought out management plans. Everyone worked just as hard as the others. I only left since I moved out of the area.
Pros
Good work enviornment, good pay
Cons
Outsourced transportation
Office Depot productive and all and all good place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Buford, GANovember 11, 2018
all and all a very nice place to work, they care about your safety and value as an employee, typical day get orders out to stores, constantly learning new ways to improve, bounce ideas around for efficiency, Management is overall pretty good, culture is diverse, staying focused on numbers consistantly, co-workers care and are willing to chip in and help if you need it
Pros
incentives quartly
Cons
leads/supervisors could handle situations with a little more tact
Horrible place to work
Co worker (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 10, 2018
If you value your self respect and mental well being I would never work for Office Depot.. Especially the print department. The combination of the "I'm special and no one else matters" mindset and complete disrespect for your fellow man is unbelievable.
Pros
Cons
No breaks. Insanity rules
It depends
Copy & Print Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 9, 2018
Being a copy/print associate is a stressful job where customers care way too much about their orders and will nag you about them constantly. For the amount of hours and pay you receive, it's basically not worth to do it part time and I get an anxiety attack just thinking about doing it full time.
Pros
If something goes wrong with the machines its not your fault
Cons
It will leave you with no faith in humanity
Stress, lots of it
Copy & Print Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2018
I worked in the Copy & Print department and it was probably the most stressful job I've ever had. Constantly having lines due to the amount of customers, underemployed, equipment not working, etc. The list goes on and on, you are expected to push a lot of sales, coverage plans, ink subscriptions and lots of other things. If you can't manage to sell one management will be all over you on why you couldn't sell it. The main reason I stayed was mostly due to the co-workers I had.
Pros
Nice Co-workers
Cons
Management, Low pay
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, PANovember 8, 2018
The work schedule was very flexible. The managers were understanding in doing weekly schedule. Friendly place to work. Demanding workload and very customer focused.
Wasn't my favorite place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 8, 2018
At this job, I learned that cashier is a very tolerable and productive job. I also did inventory, and stock, while unloading the truck on truck days. I always greeted customers, kindly, respectfully, in a timely manner.
Very productive and friendly
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Racine, WINovember 8, 2018
Office Depot was one of my favorite jobs, everyone was hardworking and all about the customer, our logistics team was a1 completing task everytime....
Pros
Easy work Friday environment good pay
Cons
Short breaks
As a place to work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WANovember 7, 2018
the company is changing its direction, going from customer centered to money centered. It is all about a bottom line dollar and squeezing every out every penny
Floor sales and service representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 7, 2018
I worked as a floor sales and service representative. I helped maintain the products on the floor, shipping and receiving, customer service, and stock.
too much of a pushy sales type environment, will bend the truth to make a sale
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington StateNovember 7, 2018
Became less enjoyable. Company became like a used car sales lot with pushy sales people trying to keep their jobs instead of trying to help the customer.
Pros
non
Cons
try to take advantage of customers
Retail environment. Very customer driven.
Receiving Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NC 28403November 7, 2018
A very stressful environment. Very competitive company having to compete with online sales. Must be good with people and always willing to help customers.
Cons
inconsistent schedule
Good Management. Bad company.
PRINT DEPARTMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Oswego, ILNovember 7, 2018
In terms of the workplace, it's not that bad because of the associates and the management team. However, due to the overall change that the company is taking, it has made the company less than desirable to work for.
Cons
Short Breaks
Changing culture
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2018
They are losing focus on the customers needs that walk in. Focusing on services to business customers over selling to the people that come in to the store.
Pros
good benefits
A prolonged never ending sea of debris
Print Manager, Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARNovember 7, 2018
A typical day of work as a manager consists of shepherding the lazy into a typical work day, Times are tough as management and the folks management answer to, want answers. We do our best.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Impossible Projections
Product Manager
Product Manager-Global Sourcing (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 6, 2018
A typical day was filled with an endless checklist of things to be done. I learned much about category management. The workplace culture was a little cut throat. Management was not supportive at all. Hardest part was balancing everything. The most enjoyable was going home.
Pros
Salary was good
Cons
Stressful environment, bad leadership
Very slow and boring place to work.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 5, 2018
A typical day at work included standing at the register or walking through and helping customers.
Management was decent, The General Manage was very nice, but the others were rude at times.
The workplace culture was laid back, slow, boring, and kinda dirty.
The hardest part about this job is standing at the register with nothing to do all day.
Good retail job to start with
Sales Associate/Tech Depot (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 5, 2018
You're constantly driven to do several tasks, but none of them are back breaking. It's just basic retail with decent pay and a great job to get while in high school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Office Depot OfficeMax. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K
42.9K
32.6K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

83%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss