Office Depot OfficeMax Employee Reviews

Found 7,713 reviews matching the search See all 8,458 reviews
Horrible place
Copy and Print Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 19, 2018
Do not waste your time working here. No room for advancement, horrible pay. Management micro-manage their staff. Waste of time and effort on any ones part to work here.
Cons
good atmosphere, sales were pushed to much
cashier, furniture sales, truck unloader (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 19, 2018
the atmosphere and people were overall great plenty of consistent hours the location I was in switched managers too often plenty to keep busy but because of competition from staples and online we were really only busy during back to school.
Pros
laid back atmosphere plenty of hours
Cons
no growth opportunities
Great Start To Sales
Senior Sales Tech Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 19, 2018
Working at Office Depot was awesome. (which I didn't leave), but was setting my mind for greater careers. this is a great start to get sales knowledge and customer service knowledge. not only does it provide workers with knowledge to further their strength to not only help customers but themselves in the future
Pros
great locations, friendly staff, amazing oppourtunity, great learning experiance.
Cons
small lunch time
productive/slow
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 19, 2018
typical work day consisted of assisting customers with office supply needs and selling services to customers that would benefit from said services. Also ad/planogram set, logistics and cleaning the store when needed.
Don't leave
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 19, 2018
Don't leave the company as they refuse to rehire former employees. Lots of upheaval. Lots of craziness. Not many employers in south Florida so they can treat employees poorly.
Relaxed but focused place to work at
Print Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 18, 2018
As a print associate, I find it to be a relaxed place to work at, that still requires hard work and focus to succeed. Although the pay could be better, the work is not overkill and there are definitely upward growth opportunities.
Pros
Discounts
Corporate indecision and underappreciation of employees.
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Severna Park, MDJuly 18, 2018
Limited hours to staff stores and low pay does not make it easier to accomplish tasks, assist customers and provide complete solutions. Store level management is unable to cope with poor corporate decisions.
Okay place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atascocita, TXJuly 18, 2018
Office Depot is a nice place to work but the hours are terrible , I barely get working days and then on top of that they are only 3 hour shifts. It’s not enough to survive off of because you have to wait two whole weeks just to get paid again.
Learn a new approach to sell a service in a product store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 17, 2018
A good place to learn the trade of sales and earn commission on top of a paid hourly rate. Productivity and atmosphere of the workplace varies by location depending on upper management's direction.
It
Lead Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJuly 17, 2018
Overall rating: Very good, team work and friendly company to work with.
ok place
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJuly 17, 2018
loading and unloading products off trucks and checking to see if product is there. report any damage or missing products. counting products as well...
Do Not Work in the Copy & Print Department (CPD)
Copy and Print Associate (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJuly 17, 2018
This company does not care about this department at all. It's always short-staffed and it's always busy. You will definitely be overworked. There has been several times where the line in this department was long enough to touch the cash register, and management will still not help you. If you must take a job at Office Depot, PLEASE apply as a cashier or to work on the floor (logistics).
Cons
No breaks, no help, overworked, rude staff, poor management, lack of care for employees
Office Depot
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJuly 17, 2018
They only offer advancement to good employees who where about to leave. The compensation sucked, the commission was a joke at less then 5% of "qualified items" so that is things like PPP's and Services on computers. Not a great place to make money but it is good for sales experience.
Pros
Commision
Cons
Short if any breaks. Lunches after 7 hours are not unheard of.
Always slow
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CAJuly 16, 2018
It was always super slow but the people you would work with would make up for it. It's an easy job and they hire minors. I was still in high school at the time of my employment.
Very busy with little help from management
Print Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 16, 2018
Office Max is an ok job for people either in highschool or fresh out of highschool. Management is poor and of very little help. I do not reccomend working here if you are actually trying to make money. They will hire you for full time, but you will never get over 30 hours a week.
It been over 10 since I have worked for them.
Credit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 15, 2018
When I worked there they were okay to work for and my co-worker were fun people to be around while working. Most of the managers were easy to work with.
Pros
Had in house lunch room in the old building that I worked in.
Cons
The old building had a lot of problems.
It varies from store to store
Logistics and Merchandising Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 15, 2018
When i first worked there, I had an amazing store manager. He listened to what his employees needed. If you needed more hours he would try to push and pull things around for you. He ended up moving on and we got a new store manager. Complete opposite and put his favorites/friends over the other associates. The work pace could be slow or fast depending on the time of year i.e back to school is really fast paced but around the spring its really slow and you would get maybe the few constantly returning customers back for the print center or tech department. There is advancement available but you have to check and go for it yourself. They never tell you when there is an opportunity for advancement.
Slow, easily managable
Sales Consaltant (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARJuly 15, 2018
This job can be slow going but there is always something to do. I usually spend the day checking people out at the register and answering the phone. When closing I also re-shelf any returned items as well as make sure everything is in its proper place.
Pros
flexible hours, good pay and excellent management
Cons
short hours, slow, and few benefits unless full time
Unfortunately I loved my job but my manager add favorites that were males
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZ 86442July 14, 2018
I work as a cashier that came easy to me I learned that a cashier when I was 18. I was 35 by this point. I stock shelves rearranged Isles. Then I moved up to shipping and receiving which I loved and that was 6 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Pros
Love to my job very much
Cons
The manager played favorites
balancing out customer service and wonderful workplace culture
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 14, 2018
A typical work day consisted of managing employees while balancing out providing excellent customer service to the public, the culture was a great experience.
Pros
Environment pushes to teach employees new skills and knowledge
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Office Depot OfficeMax. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K
42.7K
32.4K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

83%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

83%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss