Office Depot OfficeMax Employee Reviews

Found 8,054 reviews matching the search See all 8,825 reviews
productive
Tech Specialist (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CASeptember 21, 2018
It is an easy job to pick up since it is retail it does sometimes very on what shift hours you work or for how long you work. It is a good experience for anyone though to learn retail.
Pros
Always different
Cons
Rumors
Productive and fun workplace.
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  London, KYSeptember 20, 2018
I absolutely love the people that work there and have never a problem. The environment is wonderful and I definitely recommend this job to anyone looking for a part time job.
They can range..
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  IowaSeptember 20, 2018
For the most days, I'm stuck at the register. On other days, I work on truck. They've also taught me how to work at the print center. They tend to teach you how to work at different locations at the store, and teach you how to sell merch and tech services.

The worst days for me is when I'm stuck at Front End. It would be nice to have multiple people being Front End, but there are days when business is slow.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No full-time positions offered
Productive only when busy.
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 20, 2018
The employees are great. The job is pretty easy. I just wish we could get a stool behind the counter and a longer break. It requires you to stand for long periods.
Poor
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandSeptember 20, 2018
Was good at first but when BC partners bought the company you could see the writing on the wall. Actually had a DM in a meeting say that half of us would not be here in six months and that they were letting all of the legacy employees go.
Pros
none now
Cons
everything
good
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WISeptember 20, 2018
Office Max was a good company to work for. When employees met their goals, they were praised. For anyone who wants to work retail, I recommend Office Max.
It was great working there i love u are your own boss u have no one telling you how to do your job when u are a contractor.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 19, 2018
The company pays good money u provide your own work truck u load your own truck u deliver the items using your own truck its very great u are considred your own boss u decide on the amount of money u would like to make for the week..there isnt a set time to get off work or to be there as longs u finish the assignment u are assigned to for the day you are in good hands
Pros
U can eat whenever u want
Cons
Every thing is timely
Not a good place
Delivery Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MASeptember 19, 2018
The pay was good and with overtime it pays the bills. The job was ok, too cold in winter too hot in summer. But they had dodge Sprinters for you to deliver in and they all have AC. its heavy grunt type work on the road. Its best for a younger man.
Pros
you are on the road
Cons
no love
Lucky to make it through the end of the year
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 19, 2018
The company is dying because of poor leadership and bad management decisions. Trying to pivot on services solutions instead of retail sales. Requiring stores to drive subscriptions to keep customers out of stores, then requiring stores to drive traffic, poor poor leadership from the top down.
Good Work
Business Pro (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 19, 2018
Good Work, Was Marketing Representative responsible for building Business Customer awareness, Loyalty and sales.

The following is only because the auto portion of this review feels that I need to tell you more about the company and me experience with the company.
Pros
Discounts
Cons

Want to know more about Office Depot OfficeMax?

Ask a question
Enjoyable like a small family
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 19, 2018
Fun environment. Love to make a connection with the client to make sure they have the right product. Everyone is friendly and respectful. I feel welcome whenever I walk in.
Closed
Sales Associate- (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOSeptember 19, 2018
Chain went bankrupt and was bought out by another company therefore i wouldn't recommend this job. However the people i worked with at this location were great.
Nice people. Not my environment
Sales Consultant/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SCSeptember 19, 2018
It's a great place to work if you need an easy entry level job. If you've worked retail before the customers are pretty much the same (if not nastier and incompetent)
Schedule Fluke
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOSeptember 19, 2018
Even though being a part time employee, the amount of hours given to every employee, per week are based upon the amount of loyalty signups from customers.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
scheduling
Good People, Bad Direction
INTEGRATED SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I most enjoyed my fellow employees. What i most disliked was the lack of direction from management. Constant change with the unrealistic expectations.
People are great, the company not so much
Print Associate (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COSeptember 18, 2018
This corporation awards and celebrates inefficacy and wasting resources. Company policy is short sighted and impractical for the market the store I worked in was located. They pit stores against each other in an effort to increase sales but never take in the people living in the community into account and expect unrealistic results and sanction employees for looking out for the customers and not worrying about their "goals".
Pros
Great people both employees and customers
Cons
Unrealistic corporate exceptions for the community
Not for the lazy
Senior Sales Consultant Technology, Shrink Captain (Current Employee) –  Kahului, HISeptember 18, 2018
Office Depot/Office Max is a great place for people who are willing to work. If you can learn new things quickly, finish your assigned tasks in a decent amount of time, and can take the initiative to complete tasks without having to be told, this is a great place to work.

Obviously every store is different, but I know that my time at Office Max in Maui was well spent, and taught me a lot. I have more retail sales, technology, and logistics knowledge than I had going in.

There is always an opportunity to move up within each store, or district. The more you learn, the more you can do, the more money you can make. And if you can sell, you will definitely excel. The commission you make is small for people who don't push, and make the sale. The more you sell, the more you make. Learn the protection plans, learn the tech services, and match them to your customers. You will definitely succeed.
Pros
Employee discount on everything
Cons
Commission percentage is low
It's alright
Sales Associate-Print Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 18, 2018
I worked for OfficeMax/ Office Depot for just over 3 years and tried to promote. It was extremely difficult moving around within the company as the Store's management had changed three times in my three years. I was overworked in the printing department and was kept just under the Part-Time hour specifics so I couldn't get benefits, as i was not 'qualified' for them.
Pros
it's an office supplies store.
Cons
over worked, underpaid, demanding customer service
Worked as a Customer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 18, 2018
It was a very stressful job. Understaffed mostly. I had to fill many roles. There were no weight belts for picking up heavy products. Was always pushed and reprimanded for not enough ink subscription sales. Was talked down to by management. Treated like I was stupid. I felt like I was under surveillance, if a customer didn't buy a plan for ink or PC repair, I was asked why and then scolded for not selling any. Hostile work environment. People were leaving constantly.
Pros
Great place to work until Ink Program.
Cons
Not enough hours or pay or compensation. Rude management.
Fun but stressful. People are fun to work with.
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHSeptember 18, 2018
The morning and afternoon are always super busy and stressful. But the evening is pretty slow and boring. But I did learn a bit about the retail industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Office Depot OfficeMax. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K
42.8K
32.5K

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

83%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss