OfficeMax Incorporated Employee Review

View all OfficeMax Incorporated reviews

Relaxed environment, fun, positive
Certified Impress Print Specialist (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJune 15, 2012
A typical day at OfficeMax would be relieving the current employee and working on print jobs and assisting customers as they arrive. I learned a lot about working independently and keeping a level head when work begins to pile up. I also learned that a smile and friendly tone of voice typically goes a long way when it comes to upset customers. My co-workers were very friendly and open individuals, and greatly enhanced my experience. It was sad to see some move on, and fun to welcome new-comers. The management needs some improvement. As a company OfficeMax needs to appreciate their employees more than they do, because the "little guy" is the foundation and without us the company will not succeed. The hardest part of my job was learning to trust that I can handle any situation that arises. What I enjoyed the most was joking around with co-workers and learning how to do new things.
Pros
fun, easy, challenging, relaxed, forgiving
Cons
company management needs some work, inconsistent schedules

Other OfficeMax Incorporated Employee Reviews

Big thank you
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2017
I remember when my mother passed away. This company been very helpful to arrange a funeral. Thank you for the great & pleasurable memories. I miss this job
Pros
Morning strecthing & everyday foolishness
Cons
No cons
Fun and Fast-paced--usually
Graphics (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsMay 25, 2017
This was a good job, though it's hard to get time off! I worked at many different locations while supporting myself through college, so I would highly recommend the Officemaxes on Lake Street, in Burnsville, and at The Quarry. These places all demand a lot, but they have a great workplace culture and the customers are very sweet! You get to learn a lot about adobe programs and bindery, but sometimes you get stuck doing cash register or stocking.

Overall, I'd avoid places like Savage or Apple Valley, which had really weird workplace cultures and expected me to be an expert in adobe programs while also paying employees bottom-of-the-barrel wages and trying to avoid giving out benefits.

The best places to work ImPress are the places that are fast paced and serve many different kind of customers!
Pros
Always get lunch, corporate hierarchy, job security
Cons
bad benefits, sometimes overly demanding