OfficeMax Incorporated Employee Review

View all OfficeMax Incorporated reviews

Great Place to Work!
Business Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Naperville, ILJanuary 3, 2014
If the coroporate headquarters was not moving to Boca Raton, FL. I would still be working at OfficeMax. This company is a wonderful company to work for.
Pros
Everything about the company and culture is A+
Cons
The company's corporate headquarters is moving to FL

Other OfficeMax Incorporated Employee Reviews

Big thank you
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 8, 2017
I remember when my mother passed away. This company been very helpful to arrange a funeral. Thank you for the great & pleasurable memories. I miss this job
Pros
Morning strecthing & everyday foolishness
Cons
No cons
Fun and Fast-paced--usually
Graphics (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsMay 25, 2017
This was a good job, though it's hard to get time off! I worked at many different locations while supporting myself through college, so I would highly recommend the Officemaxes on Lake Street, in Burnsville, and at The Quarry. These places all demand a lot, but they have a great workplace culture and the customers are very sweet! You get to learn a lot about adobe programs and bindery, but sometimes you get stuck doing cash register or stocking.

Overall, I'd avoid places like Savage or Apple Valley, which had really weird workplace cultures and expected me to be an expert in adobe programs while also paying employees bottom-of-the-barrel wages and trying to avoid giving out benefits.

The best places to work ImPress are the places that are fast paced and serve many different kind of customers!
Pros
Always get lunch, corporate hierarchy, job security
Cons
bad benefits, sometimes overly demanding