Ogilvy & Mather Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overall a very good company
Vice President, Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJuly 4, 2018
Ogilvy and Mather is a solid organization with new leadership that is taking a long hard look at the organization structure. This organization is well respected in the world of advertsing
This is a fast paced high profile agency recognised for blue chip clients and great work.
Associate Creative Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2018
A typical day at work starts at 9 and you are allowed to work on your own and collaborate with talented people.Great people, great compensation, great locations, great, great, great.
Pros
Great work environment, great pay.
Cons
Not full time.
Great internship
Account Management Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2018
Was a summer intern after my junior year in college. Great program, you are exposed to multiple levels of management and the intern project is a great way for you to learn how to complete a project from start to finish.
Experience with different brands
BI Analyst Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst (Former Employee) –  Distrito FederalJune 1, 2018
I worked with different brands like Nestle, American Express, Bimbo, Coca Cola.
I learned to manage Google Analytics and make strategies for each one
Pros
knowledge of different business deals
Cons
know how to handle different businesses at the same time
Excellent
Research and Intelligence Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 29, 2018
Working for Ogilvy was one of the greatest opportunities of my professional career. Although I only interned for 10 short weeks, I was awestruck by the impressive clientele and culture at Ogilvy. I would recommend this company to anyone who is looking to jumpstart their career in a fun, dynamic, challenging, and inspiring place.
Pros
Great people, awesome office space, good work-life balance
Cons
Advancement opportunities, agility, security
Long Time Company
Finance Director (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 14, 2018
Going through a restructuring. Anticipation is that the agency will be rebuilt more like a management consulting company with resources from all over the United States.
Interesting place
Full-time/Freelancer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 12, 2018
There were some very nice people there but as a full time/freelancer, I had a rather odd schedule and was more of a hired gun at the time. My hours were basically my own though.
Pros
sedate atmosphere
Cons
intermittent flow of jobs
Finding its Place
Senior Analyst, Dialogue Strategy (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2018
Company struggling to find its purpose and stance in a tough economy and competitive landscape. Hope things turn around soon as career progression is tough and effective and fair compensation is non-existent.
Great Place To Work
Contract (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2018
Great place to work. Long hours but great perks and benefits. Management is the best, very understanding and they really recognize good work! The company is great overall.
Pros
Great benefits, great management
Cons
hours are not always guaranteed
Good agency with excellent benefits
Partner, Senior Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2018
Big agency with lots of varying accounts to work on. Decent management but a well structured agency. Room to advance if you are good at your job. Liked working here.
Pros
Big, good benefits
Cons
big agency if you like a small feel
Good People, but not great work/life balance
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 13, 2018
The people are great, but there was not much of a work life balance. Even when a day is approved for PTO you are not completely off. There were also unrealistic deadlines and an uneven distribution of work.
Excellent work environment and staff
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 28, 2018
Ogilvy PR did a good job establishing a positive work environment and giving employees ample opportunity to succeed. Good professional and support staff. Good connections to other offices. Good client relations.
Great experience
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2018
This was a 3 day job in which I was responsible for shooting product shots of well known soda bottle in studio with entire studio marketing team. Images used online marketing.
The Sacramento office was fun and intellectually challenging
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 14, 2018
I enjoyed working at Ogilvy. Although it was less than a year, it seemed like alot longer given the challenging and fast-paced work that I was managing. It is a great environment for entry and mid-level associates to learn. As for more senior positions, you are provided opportunities to grow your own book of business and looked at to lead your team while maintaining high client satisfaction.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement, benefits, team culture
Cons
Work life balance
Fun projects
Social Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  IlfovFebruary 7, 2018
They gave me free hand to draft a social media strategy for scratch, for one of their clients, even if I wasn't very experienced at the time. The method was successful and I went on to implement that strategy as well.
Great Perks, Though Managment
Accounts Payable Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
The company is great- people are nice. However, the manager is very demanding and expects everything to be done at her calling. It's very hard to maintain a work-life balance.
Pros
Perks, Time off
Cons
Short Breaks, Management
Fun and exciting place to work
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Central Business DistrictJanuary 31, 2018
A typical day at work would be my manager would have a short chat with us and check if things are all good.

It has a start up culture but the best thing about the company is it's more open to people both introverts and extroverts.

Enjoyable part of the job is you are free to decide and develop projects how you planned it to be and people are always open for questions and suggestions.
Fun but on your feet
Account Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2018
This is a great company at times. The company culture is great, but they also have a high turnover rate, and they lay off alot. You never know when you will be layed off. Also, it's very hard to grow within the company.
Good place to jump start career
Assistant Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2018
Ogilvy and Mather is a great agency. It is a great brand, and an awesome place to start and propel your career. Ogivly NY however is not as creative as other offices and is very B2B so it can get boring. I also felt underpaid.
Collaborative
Senior Medical Editor (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJanuary 19, 2018
Team I worked with was excellent in every way. Satisfaction is wholly dependent on the skill level of the team members. I was lucky...had the best colleagues to work with -- they knew how to take full advantage of my contributions.