Ogilvy
Happiness rating is 71 out of 100

Ogilvy Employee Reviews

United States221 reviews

The place many people want to work and grow

Great on benefits and perks, sadly not go on giving pay increases or bonuses. Great work culture for some. Not all are recognized for efforts and good work.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

No salary increase

Productive and fun workplace

Great place to start my graphic design career. Well established ad agency with 360 degree approach to any project. I have improved my design skills and learned about building an advertising campaign on every level. People I worked along were very talented and experienced which helped me shape my own approach to creative solutions.

Ogilvy insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

The local office was incredibly supportive.

The company is tight in the pocketbook. They have great perks and work towards an inclusive culture, respectful of all people. The management in my office was wonderful. They provide a nice work environment that allows easy collaboration.

Regret staying on.

Less than awesome. The daily mentality can feel less like a vibrant team than a sweat shop. Had no raises for years; if beer is your favorite reward, this is your place. Ad agencies suffer from interminable hours, and this is no exception. Production artists and PMs are expendable grunts. Told we should be happy to make that extra money via overtime (which comes with little warning). smh. Snooty upper echelon barely acknowledges the serfs. At least the new offices are brighter than the old digs. West Loop rocks! But there are other companies to work for out here.

Not so fun to work

Alright place to work, long hours not enough clarity of roles. Management could do better to show how to get promoted. Clients rule the place not enough push back

Pros

Nice office

Cons

People

Cons outweigh the pros by far

Ogilvy is known for many things, culture, creativity and being one of the OGs in marketing. It's understatement to say that has gone to the executive's heads. There is a huge gap between the struggles of what's happening on the ground, lack of support, stressful workloads and low benefits vs the top who think a big boozy annual party will solve all the problems. The people you will meet are very smart, and it's a great place to learn, but a terrible place to stay.

Pros

People

Cons

Pay, Work life balance

Smart and nice people

Good training ground - highly recommend especially for juniors. Pay and growth is questionable... But that's pretty applicable to the rest in the industry

Pros

Interesting work

Cons

Lack of transparency in promotion and pay

great fast paced environment

fast paced environment, but fun. you need to be on your toes at all times. you have to be prepared to switch gears on a dime- if a client has a new request. but that's all part of the fun. can be stressful at times - and you need to know your limits and manage your expectations.

Pros

never a dull moment

Cons

never a dull moment

Wonderful people to work with. Fun environment. Work life balance was very good. Leadership was strong.. Downside was no clear bonus structure and performance evaluation system.

Pros

Cafeteria in house

Cons

Not easily accessible by public transport

Terrible work culture

The media teams were very clicky and were not nice to the new hires. They were condescending and not inclusive. Felt like a hazing of new people and after months of being there, I still didn't feel welcome.

Pros

Beer cart Thursday, great client portfolio

Cons

Rude teammates, terrible management

The Strive, the will of getting it ALL done

My typical day at work is getting all the work done without the usual unnecessary complaints or issues with company equipment including your computers not functioning! I learned to handle, deal with staff & company matters by documenting it all! The culture was eye-opening when someone tells you not to speak in your native tongue and in front of clients!

Pros

Great events, gatherings, the Roof top and of course happy hour!

Cons

Lack of communication, perf. evaluation sucks, bullying from coworkers!

Great place to get experience

Strong culture with an emphasis on expanding knowledge in advertising business. Prestige agency that offers extensive client exposure and empowers entry-level employees with responsibilities. Unfortunately, the compensation is not competitive. It’s best to view working at this agency strictly as a resume building endeavor.

Pros

culture, respinsibilities

Cons

compensation

Challenging

They will allow you to grow and help on learning all process of work. Fun and up to date environment with loads of people that have something to share.

Pros

Help with school

Cons

Demanding as this is an Ad agency

Racist workplace

Working at Ogilvy was one of the most eye-opening experiences of my life. It taught me what blatant racism in the workplace looks like and feels like. The pay was unlivable, the culture was toxic, and the leadership lacked direction, transparency, and diversity.

Pros

Weekly happy hour

Cons

Exclusive, predominantly white culture

Maximum flexibility in my choice of work assignments. Great support and appreciation from my supervisor,

A typical work day includes my leaving for my assignment, fully equipped to do the work I've been assigned. I arrive on time, meet the store management and inform them of the purpose of my visit. I locate the person doing the sampling of the featured product, observe several things about how the booth is set up, review the key points the sampler has been assigned to include in their "pitch" before casually walking up to interact with the person. While I'm standing there, I note the amount to effort they put forth to make eye contact and greet the passers-by, to try and get them to stop and sample the product. I stay a few extra moments to make sure I've heard the major points from the sampler with at least 2-3 passers-by before I leave for my car and record my observations. I then hurry on to my next assignment. On my very best days--Saturdays, usually, I've been able to fulfill the tasks that were assigned me in 8-9 stores. Any day I've worked for Ogilvy Action has been a fun and fulfilling day!.

Pros

Flexible work hours, free samples to munch on, nice samplers to enteract with.

Cons

I can't think of any at all!

Used to be a fun place to work

rapidly deteriorating work culture that is becoming like a police state with everything you do now under constant surveillance, I don't know if this is prevalent through the whole company but in my department it sure was the case.

Productive workplace that focuses on diversity and inclusion

My experience at Ogilvy has been a modular one. You need to learn everything you can on your own because know one has the time to teach you. Be ready to adapt and wear many hats.

Buena experiencia mal hambiente

Fue un buen lugar aun que el hambiente laboral no fue el optimo

Pros

Salario

Cons

Horarios muy extendidos

Productive, educational, fun

Productive, educational, fun, visually stimulating, innovative, wacky, hard working, artistic, driven, intelligent, nice gym, intrepid, creative freedom, smile

Pros

walk to work - when weather is good

Cons

walk to work - when weather is bad

Multiple Cross Functional Marketing Campaigns

An event manager is responsible for the preparation of the marketing site and the co-ordination of the marketing event as the lead Brand-Ambassador. Responsible for driving consumers to web-site or marketplace.On-site demonstrations of product to increase excitement and awareness.

Pros

Great Clients

Cons

Managing 2 Markets DC & Baltimore

No room to grow.

Great place to start your career but most people only stay three to five years. No raises or other compensation year to year. Lack of middle management to help career paths.

Common questions about Ogilvy

Answered by current and former employees at Ogilvy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ogilvy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.4Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Ogilvy with

Ogilvy reviews by popular job title

• Ogilvy