Ogletree Deakins Employee Reviews

Toxic environment - stay away
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 22, 2019
The management has no idea about your position, the level of stress involved. Promotions are given to those with poor attitudes. The culture and environment at the corporate office is toxic.
Pros
The pay is so-so for this area
Cons
Unfair treatment, poor benefits, toxic management, super high turnover
Average Office Work
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 28, 2019
Work life balance is dependent on the type of work you do. It is better for some than for others. The benefits are really good. Job Security is good but there is not hierarchical structure for upward mobility so advancement is impossible. Management is essentially non-existent for the paralegals, as the attorneys give no little-to-no direction or feedback. Work is mainly individual and therefore, there is no real team atmosphere.
Pros
Breakfast Friday, Great benefits
Cons
Boring
team collabration
Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 25, 2019
we work independently and have our own job functions and tasks to accomplish daily. We help out whenever someone is out sick or has a big project they need to get finished.
Pros
free lunches, celebrates birthdays
One of The Best
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 18, 2019
I was happy when I got called for the interview for OgleTree. Everyone is so fun and loving, the work is easy although repetitive at times, but it’s a very fun and exciting environment. Would definitely recommend.
Pros
Lunches, Pay, Benefits, Cake for Birthdays, everything
Cons
Needs improvement but has potential
Practice Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 12, 2019
The office is growing which is great in some ways and not so great in other ways. The benefits are amazing. However, there is very little support for the staff and a lot of interpersonal drama that goes unchecked.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of direction and support
Great opportunities for employment lawyers
Senior Counsel (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 9, 2019
Ogletree offers opportunities to take on significant employment litigation responsibility in a collegial and supportive environment and a variety of roles.
Great place to work... need more money
Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 6, 2019
I love working for Ogletree Deakins, but they lowballed me with my starting salary and the advancement opportunities are dissipating quickly. They do pay for education advancement as well as certifications and association dues.
Toxic IT environment
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 3, 2019
Due to the attorneys controlling most aspects of the IT initiatives, IT management was very critical.

IT Management of the Systems Engineers was completely incompetent and had a very poor personal/social skill set.
Pros
Good compensation package
Cons
Poor IT Management
Typical Columbia SC workplace.
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 15, 2019
It's always sad when just a couple of people can RUIN a nice workplace. This office contains 2 Miserable P.A. and depending on how they feel about you, guides how your career goes. Dependant pitiful women who are ignored at home and come to work to start trouble right along with the Head Lady Shareholder. Really sad.
Pros
Gorgeous office building
Cons
2 of the Nastiest P.A., attorneys can be disrespectful to elders
Hard-Workers Thrive Here
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 19, 2018
If you enjoy a fast-paced environment, are willing to work hard, help others, and have a positive attitude - you will do extremely well here and you will find opportunities for growth!
Fast paced place to grow and learn
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 17, 2018
I've been working here for nearly six years and truly love the atmosphere, the people and the work. There is never a dull moment, I'm certainly always busy which I like. Management truly cares about their employees and everyone takes much pride in their work.
Average
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 13, 2018
I enjoy my co-workers tremendously, but the management has no idea the level of stress you encounter nor do they recognize hard work. They insist on promoting others with poor attitudes as well as those who lack leadership qualities are acknowledged
A garden-variety thankless job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 7, 2018
At my office, the management was uncaring and the leadership was nearly non-existent. My office administrator, to be perfectly frank, had a weak understanding of how to motivate employees and was so lazy, his abilities to do so almost wouldn't have mattered. Most of his motivational talks to me were so obviously a manipulation tactic that they were much more of an insult than a motivational talk. Outside of that, he had a nasty habit of making derogatory jokes about me in front of me, not showing up to the office for extended periods of time so all correspondence had to be through email, and instructing me to take on new tasks and forgetting about them, so he would not tell me to stop doing them after it was no longer necessary. (P.S. I've included a false location because I was the only office assistant in my office and anonymity would otherwise be impossible, and, furthermore, wouldn't want the risk of any soft retaliation.)
Pros
A solid number of paid holidays
Cons
Callous Management and No Upward Mobility
N/a
Temporary paralegal (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 3, 2018
It was a difficult place to work, as the attorneys there are older and although talented, are very set in their ways and expect you to read their minds.
No investing in people
Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 28, 2018
Very corporate and sterile feeling. Would be better served to invest in less fancy parties and more pay for the staff and a cost of living or a real merit raise.
Pros
Free Friday breakfast.
Cons
Would rather decent pay raises and cost of living.
A great place to work
Records Coordinator /Immigration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 26, 2018
Ogletree Deakins is a great place to work. Friendly atmosphere and professional environment! Great management from Attorneys and office administrator.
Pros
Free lunch, free parking, free Marta Access
Cons
N/a
Good Place to work
Intern and File Clerk and Copy Room (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 29, 2018
Loving people and caring people and great job and easy to do. Easy to learn your job and great people to be around and great benefits. this job was an amazing job and experience for me.
Pros
great people
Good Company
Docketing Clerk/ Litigation Support (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 22, 2018
Quick paced and stressful at times, Company tries to create a work/life balance, Sometimes shorthanded and no backup if you are out. Need to play catch up when you return. Outside work company activities are available to participate. Staff meetings and free lunch and at times. If you enjoy a face paced environment, stressful at times and last minute overtime you will enjoy working here.
Pros
Management tries to accomodate employees
Cons
stressful at times, last minute overtime
PRACTICE ASSISTANT, LTC4 TECHNOLOGY CERTIFIED (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJune 17, 2018
Good place to work. Nice environment as long as you are working well with your attorneys. The staff has little input and little value at the company. Attorneys determine individuals value.
Good
Practice Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 17, 2018
Good place to work, management had some rough spots. High pace work environment with high expectations. Good team work skills necessary to work here nd built here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ogletree Deakins. Our community is ready to answer.