OGLETREE DEAKINS Employee Reviews

Total Negativity from Partners and Shareholders...Total disrepect.
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 22, 2018
I would not recommend anyone work here. The attorney, I provided work to was demonic....All the attorneys talked bad about the paralegals in front of their peers...Total lack of respect and appreciation for their paralegals.
Pros
Pay check and health benefits
Cons
Not a healthy place to work
I thought I would Retire here
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 10, 2018
I loved my job at Ogletree. Unfortunately if you make mistakes you are not made aware. Then, you are let go claiming it just wasn't a good fit. I had no idea I was making mistakes, I worked hard, I was thanked by the attorneys and staff for tasks I did. Management needs to check in more to find out how things are going or to make sure things are running smoothly. A few months ago I emailed my supervisor to ask if I were doing a good job. My supervisor replied that I was doing a great job.
Pros
Good benifits, employees from other offices were always eager to help
Cons
Management are not in touch with employees.
Fair
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 2, 2017
Fast passed environment however you have the option to make it as stressful or not stressful as you'd prefer. Attorneys are great about adjusting your caseload to meet your needs. If you are learning a new visa type, there are always people happy to help.
Not a good place
Litigation Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 20, 2017
This place must work for some folks; just not me. The support staff is overworked and understaffed. Have breakfast every Friday and good people to work with.
Great place to work, learn and grow.
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 1, 2017
The Firm has a great culture and is constantly growing. The Firm covers the cost of parking in the building and has coffee, water and different soda available for everyone's enjoyment in the kitchens. The office is good about bringing in birthday treats each month and having some fun to break things up a bit. Everyone here works hard and to the best of their ability, but will always stop what they are doing to help someone else. Working at Ogletree means your days will be fast paced, challenging and busy, but you will be doing it with a group of solid individuals who have a service mindset.
Pros
Free Parking, Good Benefits, Profit Sharing, Challenging
Introductory position with little responsibility
Administrative Support Services - Receptionist II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 26, 2017
Routine workday in an introductory position, with little interaction with management, or coworkers due to isolation of position. The most difficult part of the job was how unchallenging it was given the tedious, repetitive nature of the position. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and speaking with clients and vendors.
Pros
Established firm with good benefits
Cons
Cliquish workforce
Flexible
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 27, 2017
Management only looks out for the business. Some departments aren't friendly. Few people greet each other. No promotion within the department.
Traditional downtown office atmosphere
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 7, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of making sure everything was in stock and fully stocked. I was not able to utilize all of my skills in this position.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Cold work environment
Poor managment and cut throat
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 19, 2016
Management does not know what it is doing. It is fend for your self and be careful you are not thrown to the sharks, training is poor.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Everything else
Busy busy and lots of support for training
legal secretary (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 14, 2015
The attorneys here have heavy caseloads and accordingly, the secretarial desks are very busy. The training is great if you know where to look/who to ask, but be wary of being thrown into the water without a life vest, initially. Everyone is fairly supportive, but you should definitely come with experience. Most everyone here is at the top of their game. Office is working on issues re management, and it is looking good so far. Associates are congenial, shareholders are a bit tough to get through. Hard to feel welcome when they call you "___'s secretary" instead of by name.
Pros
Regular meetings to attend to any issues that may come up, opportunities for overtime.
Cons
Sometimes mandatory overtime, impersonal corporate hierarchical culture.
Great Company to work for
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 21, 2015
A typical day at my job, I come in the morning do a walk around the office checking all copiers & printer, load paper, check toner. I check emails & faxes that come to our office. I restock the kitchen ordering supplies for the entire office. I assets the Admin with any assignment they need my help with. I setup computers as well as telephones for visitors that we may have during the day.

My co- workers are great everyone is a TEAM PLAYER which is always good.

The hardest part of my job is trying to keep Everyone happy which is no easy task..

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I have one, I get to wake up and come to work every morning, and help someone.
Good Place to work but no advancmanet
Site Support Specialist (Nashville and St. Louis) (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 12, 2014
I handled day to day operations for the Nashville and St. Louis offices.
I offered end user desk side support.
Ogletree is a nationwide company based in Greenville SC, this is where most of my piers worked.
This was a great job but I needed to leave to give care to my 6 month old new son.
I left on very good terms.
Lots of hats
Client Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 29, 2014
The following are my job duties:
• Maintaining client database to provide current status of cases to client and firm and audit information to ensure accuracy
• Adding clients to the database and initiating cases
• Monitor paralegal case load and productivity to ensure the Service Level Agreement is met
• Assist case coordinators with document status updates and expiration tracking
• Assist paralegals with workload and review and edit casework, including L-1A, L-1B, and H-1B Visa petitions
• Produce and run reports for productivity and case status tracking
• Audit and confirm billing information
• Assist paralegals with filing documentation
• Deliver systems orientation and training to all new hires
Great Company
o Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  KC, MOJune 5, 2013
Great company to work for; good benefits, team work, care about employees, and training available.