Ohana Pacific Management Company, Inc. Employee Reviews

Nursing Operations (Former Employee) –  HonoluluOctober 19, 2018
I was blessed to work with a great group of people at Ohana Pacific. My position allowed me to go to all the buildings and the culture of the company resonates throughout. The staff truly care about their residents that they care for, and respect each other as an Ohana. You can see Richard's vision to deliver excellence!
Great staff looking to always do the right thing. I will always be grateful to have worked with awesome people! Excellent place to work.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Busy
Over worked, under paid & poor management
CNA (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIJuly 14, 2018
Wages here are really low, they are understaffed and employees are overworked. Managers do not value their workers and the company has outdated systems. DO NOT WORK HERE!! You will regret it. There are very few nurses, overworked CNAs, HR does not support you and upper management is too consumed in the numbers and clueless as to what the real issues are!
Pros
Parking Available
Cons
Low wages, poor management and high priced lunches & health insurance
Mixed Feelings
Dissatified Worker (Current Employee) –  The VillasFebruary 10, 2018
The BEST thing about working at The Villas are the people. I absolutely love them. The people there make the job bearable. Overall I like my job, but I do not like the stress and fast-pace. The wages are simply not worth it, and this is the reason there is such a high turnover rate. More workers are needed and we need to be to be paid better salaries. Also, they fuss about overtime, but sometimes it just can't be helped. I and many of my coworkers want to get the job done. Sometimes in order to finish what we need to do, we must stay longer.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Too fast-paced and stressful.
Official response from Ohana Pacific Management Company, Inc.
March 2, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, the issues you are raising are real. The good news is we are working on an initiative to better address the pace issue that has created a need for overtime. Take heart, a new process is coming that should significantly reduce our RNs workload. Thank you for your commitment to genuinely care for our guests. We are forever grateful for healthcare professionals like you, who in the midst of a challenging, continue to achieve 5-star ratings because you are so committed to complete your work in such a caring way.

Great People, slow progress
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HawaiiJanuary 21, 2017
People are great; professional and outgoing. The workplace is very nice. Management is super. If you are patient and wait you will find upward mobility but it is very slow at the beginning. I have been there over a year and I am very happy except for the slow upward mobility. They could do better if they focused on continued growth within their current employee pool. As a job, it is wonderful. As a career, only time will tell. Pay is ok, typical of Hawaii. My fellow CNAs are very hard-working, no duds...RNs are very high energy and great team workers.
Pros
Great People, New Environment/workspace
Cons
Slow Upward Mobility, communication is sub par
Official response from Ohana Pacific Management Company, Inc.
October 17, 2017

Thanks for the feedback, it's very much appreciated as you raise some real opportunities that we'd love to address. Please let your HR Professional and/or Administrator know that you are interested in moving up because we greatly prefer to promote from within and presently have a Director of Nursing who started as Supply Clerk to prove it. At present, there is a Unit Coordinator position that you might be interested in. If so please apply.

Come Join Our Family
Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIMarch 24, 2016
Would you like to work for a company who truly values you as an employee/team member/part of the family? OPMC is the place for you. Come join our family. We are a bunch of hard-core workers who truly care about what we do.

We are the business office for 5 nursing facilities, and even though we are not face-to-face with our residents on a day to day basis like our wonderful nurses are, we still keep our kupuna in mind in everything that we do. We are the financial backbone of a well-oiled machine. We help to pay the operational bills for the facilities, as well as collect payment from numerous insurance companies.

Our family truly cares for one another. Everyone here works very hard, and we do it by being kind and considerate to one another. So what are you waiting for?
I feel valued
Manager (Current Employee) –  KauaiMarch 21, 2016
This company does a great job with caring for their staff. I truly feel valued. What I find to be most satisfying is that I work alongside co-workers that are just as committed to doing good work and helping each other grow.
Pros
I feel valued
A nice place to work.
Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIMarch 19, 2016
A place committed to providing caring and quality nursing services to our Kupuna. It is a safe, positive and productive working environment where you learn to develop and uncover your strengths and talents. Discounted cafeteria meals, 100% medical, yearly bonuses and Thanksgiving gift cards are some of the benefits you will receive when employed at Ohana Pacific Management Company, but what makes working here pleasing and enjoyable are the co-workers … supervisors and managers have positive attitudes toward their staff.

Expectations, deadlines and guidelines are clear so a typical day at work is very predictable because there is a schedule to follow in order to perform my daily tasks in a timely a manner.
Pros
Managers and supervisors are team players, supportive and proactive with their staff … you are appreciated.
Cons
The hardest parts of my job are: time management, the high volume of transactions and the fast pace of the companies working environment.
productive when i help Resident's get Medicaid approved and i can see reliefs and smiles on their faces.
BSR (Current Employee) –  Kaua‘i, HIMarch 15, 2016
I Love coming to work everday.
i get along with my co workers
i enjoyed meeting new Residents and their family
My boss always very understanding and supportive
I learned to always be possitive and patience
I always try my very best to accomplish my job daily.

Sometimes following up with collections can be a challenge especially if they don't answer their phones. But some calls back.

Overall Ohana is the best company i've worked for. I highly recommend to everyone that Ohana is the place to work.
Pros
meet all kinds of people
Cons
sometimes my office gets very cold during winter. But it's okay. I got to use my boots.
Caring for our Ohana
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  O‘ahu, HIMarch 10, 2016
Caring for our ohana. It's a way of life here. OPMC truly cares about the well-being of their employees. Very generous holiday bonuses are given to everyone. Integrity in what and how we do our work is a must here. If this is not you, you won't fit here.
Pros
Terrific owner, locally owned, high integrity.
Cons
If you want to relax, this is NOT the place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ohana Pacific Management Company, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3