Ohdela

Ohdela Employee Reviews

Ohdela insights

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Teachers are phenomenal

I love working with our dedicated and creative teaching staff as well as with our amazing students. Like many schools, there is a disconnect between teachers and management at the highest level. I wish that teachers were given a voice at the table when considering policy changes and expectations for staff and students.

Pros

Great teachers who work well together Love our students

Cons

Hours are long; expectations sometimes unrealistic

Working from home is great

working from home is awesome, but the management needs replaced. you will begin your career here with little to no training. however my co workers I had were amazing and made the job manageable while I was there.

Pros

work from home

Cons

management

Each person is given the work load of two

My workday begins at 7:30. I work until 5:00 Eat dinner and work again until 9:00Management has been helpful in the past. Our new administration is not helpful.The hardest part of the job is that it is 7 days a week from mid-August through mid-June. There is not time for a life.Getting to know students and seeing what they accomplish is very enjoyable.

Pros

Get to work at home.

Cons

High deductible health insurance, low salary, non stop work weeks

Fun, Freedom, and creative place to work. Cutting edge on computer learning.

As an example of a project we did, a annual employee cookbook. A chance to share your favorite dish. Being creative and printing on demand is a great feeling of control.

Pros

Freedom to be creative

Cons

No Cons

Great Place to Build a Career

I have had a wonderful experience this year teaching at OHDELA. The administration has been wonderful. The changes they are making are exciting and look to benefit the students above all else. The students and teachers are amazing here. As an educator I truly do make the same connections with students as I did in brick and mortar schools. In many situations I actually have stronger relationships with the families because we interact so often. The parents are in class with us. I would recommend teaching here if you have innovative ideas and feel the passion to expand your educational experiences.

Pros

Working from home while teaching.

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Don't ruin your career

I would only work for this company if I had a starving child. I heard too often how teachers were stupid and worthless from the administration. The hardest part of the job was cutting through the miles of red tape to get an answer, It is best to become friends with other teachers to find answers to anything. This school is out of compliance in many areas. I find it unethical for students to receive such little live instruction from teachers. The work place is stressful as you are not allowed to leave the floor for a walk while others take frequent smoke breaks. Teachers in the area must report to work three days a week however some work remotely full time (I would live a least one hour from this place so that I wouldn't need to be in this toxic environment). This school received an "F" on the state report card and needs to be shut down as soon as possible.

Pros

It pays a penance to feed a family

Cons

It is still open for business.

School

Excellent Opportunity to participate in a wonderful charter school program. Excellent education in auditing and government payment systems. I enjoyed the company and the culture.

Like the movie 1984

Management always wants to be over top of you. Class size is ridiculous around 100 students per class online. Not much time to teach or plan as teachers are always required to make calls to students during the day most planning is done at home on your own time.

Pros

work from home

Cons

too many to list

Unprofessional and Extremely Stressful Environment

At OHDELA, the management company DOES NOT put students first. It is totally about taking the tax payers money! The teachers do the very best they can with little to no resources. I would go hungry before I worked for this company ever again.

Pros

Excellent commraderi among teachers.

Cons

Management Tactics, Frequent lay-offs without reason, No summer vacation

Loved working face-to-face with other staff members.

I really enjoyed working with all the teachers who you work for me on a building in Akron. As usual, the students and families were amazing, and we had great relationships with them. However, the superintendent, when I was there, was not a very good situation. The superintendent had obvious staff members that she was very close with. They would get to work from home randomly. When I was there, I had a medical situation that required me to be at home for a couple weeks. I presented all my medical information, and it was declined. There is way more to this, but I would rather keep it vague. Other than the higher-ups, I loved the friends, teams, and relationships I gained from working here.

Pros

Having close teacher friends to work with.

Cons

Superintendent.

not a bad place

i work from home and have pretty flexible hours. I'm only part time so no benefits..... but everyone there are extremely helpful and answer questions as soon s I ask them online.... not sure about advancement... there seems to be lots of turnover

Pros

flexibility - work from home

Cons

frequent turnover

Professional, student driven

Ohdela is an online K-12 school. The teachers were very professional, worked well together, and cared about the students. They were also good at accommodating the student's various needs.

Looking to relive your high school years?

This place used to be fun, a dream job for sure. Then something changed. Do not waste your time in the politics and favoritism. They do not treat everyone equal. There is no work remote unless your a teacher or there is a snow day. Unrealistic job duties are handed out. Horrible place to work and management is not in it for the kids they are in it for the money and feed off of abusing employees.

Pros

Retirement. Start with 10 PTO days.

Cons

No flexibility. Unfair.

Virtual, remote, work from home with great support and planning

OHDela, has a great culture of kindness, patience, and care. It develops students with challenges coupled with encouragement. Every staff member and teacher are express the same type of support to each other, the parents and students.

Pros

Management is considerate, listens, and always looking to improve.

Cons

Towards the end of the school year, there are long long hours.

Great job, awesome teachers, amazing new administration

Great school to work for! The new administration (2015) is really working hard with the teachers and staff to make this school even better. The teachers and staff are wonderful and while the other reviews and online sources made me a little nervous about working here, I'm happy to say that I really love my job and see a bright future at Ohdela!

Pros

Great 401k matching plan, teachers are able to work from home, very limited travel expected, equipment provided, flexible schedule

Do not waste your time!

Ohdela is run by a terrible company. They only care about money and not the employees. The teachers and support staff however are amazing. The pay is descent. Be prepared though to have a student load of over 300 students.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Management, no field trips, excessive work loads

Solid career

Love my co-workers and have a great supervisor! It's a great school with great teachers and it definitely provides a wonderful opportunity for students and parents to get the same great education as they would in a regular brick and mortar school

Pros

Close to Home

I saw wonderful every day.

I enrolled students into the school, and assisted people every day. I was the first face that you saw in the company. OHDELA was a positive place to work.

Pros

Nice pay and compensation, and great work hours.

Cons

Downsized the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ohdela. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Ohdela