Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation Employee Reviews

Terrible management
Medical indexer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 30, 2017
Work and environment was easy going but boss didnt know how to do her job. Resulted in losing over 20 new and veteran employees in a span of one year of her being in control.
Pros
work is easy
Cons
management
Bwc good
Medical Operations - Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 3, 2017
Good
security
work life balance
not high pay
state retirement
good good good
although I don't know why this requirement is holding me up.
why are you forcing me to answer this
Pros
security
Cons
low pay
Easy job but stressful management
Medical Indexer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 12, 2017
Daily work is very simple, show up and index medical records for injured workers. Mostly filing to claim numbers or SSN. IT's an office setting so its very quiet and slow paced.
Pros
free lunches
State Intern
Special Investigations Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 4, 2017
I had an amazing opportunity working for the state during my college years. I learned a lot of important information and they allowed for personal growth.
work place is home officeenvironment
Coordinator of safe return (Former Employee) –  Dublin OhioJune 3, 2017
A great tool developed with traveling to various medical facilities and interacting with medical staff was in establishing professional relationships for any of the services to facilitate recovery for the injured worker. This collaboration created team work cooperation for timely documentation and services to help control costs and prevent delays in obtaining and coordinating the treatment
Nice working environment
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 3, 2017
Very competitive place to work with the many opportunities for advancement. Very intense and the work does pile up with the number of new cases daily.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Workload
An Internship
Infrastructure Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 27, 2017
It was a great opportunity to learn, however the pay was negligible. I came here to apply for another position, not describe a previous one and now I've been drawn into this.
Pros
Flexible with amazing coworkers
Cons
Limited opportunities for advancement
Good Workplace
Core Implementation Project Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 14, 2017
Great place to work and the employees are supportive and helpful. They believe in teamwork and try to resolve any issues that will hinder the project.
excellent place to work
Nurse Supervisor, Claims Supervisor, Manager (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OhioFebruary 4, 2017
good opportunity to work and build a career. Must enjoy working because caseloads can be demanding. Staff were dedicated and compassionate.
wonderful place to work
Management Analyst - Hearings/Adjudication (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 9, 2016
Working for the BWC is a life-enhancing opportunity. The atmosphere is professional yet friendly, and there are many perks that come with being a state employee.
Pros
salary, flex time
Cons
parking
Bwc
Employer Services Specialist (Bilingual) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 5, 2016
I prefer not to comment on this position as I am still employed by the company. I can say that the benefits are wonderful. There are some challenges.
Pros
Benefits are great!
Workers' Compensation
Director, BWC Industrial Rehabilitation Center (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2015
Goal is to return injured workers to work after sustaining an industrial injury. Medical services and vocational rehabilitation services are offered.
Pros
Helping injured worker population.
Cons
State laws
Productive and resolution oriented.
Claims Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHFebruary 21, 2015
Each day was different due to the fact that I managed a large risk caseload and I investigated, obtained necessary evidence to support claim issue I was going to issue an Administrative Order or a Industrial Commission Referral to resolve a claim issue. I built excellent communication skills with internal departments such as Employer Services, Rehabilitation Specialist, in house Nurses' and Physicians', Safety and Hygiene, and the Fraud Unit. Also, built excellent communication skills with external customers such as Employers, Physicians'', Attorney's', and Injured Workers. The hardest part of the job was terminating benefits to injured workers who had not returned to work due to their work related injury. The most enjoyable part of the job was handling catastrophic injuries and obtaining the necessary evidence to issue claim determination within 48 hours and to obtain the necessary resources for the family members, Often very emotionally draining, however was proud of the hard work and knowing that all parties expedited the evidence they were responsible for submitting to me to issue the Initial Allowance Order.
Pros
Helped people during a difficult time in their life.
Cons
Not always able to acheive an successful return to work for the injured worker.
It wasn't what I expected
Employer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OhioDecember 26, 2014
It was a terrible experience. The Safety Service people were great to work with but the time management and managers were lacking and there was such abuse of time that the State was paying for.
interesting
Employer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus OhioAugust 26, 2013
enjoyed providing consultative services to the employers of Ohio..
Pros
co-workers
Cons
politics
Good working environment were everyone contributes to the team goals and objectives.
Investment Accountant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 20, 2012
Worked for the OHIO Bureau of Workers' Compensation on 3 month temporary assignment. This is a great place to work. I learned a lot and was fortunate to be there. The people on my team treated me with respect and appreciated my efforts. They were helpful, professional and had a sense of humor which makes it the day more enjoyable. My co-workers, supervisor and manager treated me like one of them. I would strongly recommend to work for OHIO BWC.
Pros
great people and family-work balance