Ohio Christian University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great inviting environment
Accounting/Human Resource Worker (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHMarch 5, 2018
As a student worker, they were more then willing to work about my schedule. They took the time to invest in me as a worker and to teach me as much as possible in my field of interest. The people were definitely the best part of this job. They were beyond amazing and so caring about the university, the workplace and the students they helped serve.
Pros
Supportive and encouraging environment
Flexible work opportunities but subpar pay
Online and In-class Course Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHFebruary 4, 2018
As a course facilitator for OCU, you are able to sign up for the courses you want, although you may not always get them. So, there is good flexibility depending on the time you have available. However, the pay per course is much lower than I experienced at another college.
Pros
Flexible course offerings, kind people to work with.
Cons
Low pay
Management was awesome
Custodial Worker, Event Staff (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHJanuary 23, 2018
I attended Ohio Christian University, so it was more like a work study program but i loved it a lot. I probably had the best bosses anyone could ask for.
DESKTOP ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHJanuary 13, 2018
Management at this particular company steps into projects that we as SME are supposed to be researching and finding solutions. Also, they do not take time to view your work instead they just shut your ideas down and go with theirs.
Excellent Christian environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHDecember 11, 2017
As an instructor, it was wonderful to work with the students and learn of their educational career goals. I enjoyed the quarterly in-service training sessions, as I continue to build upon my teaching experience.
Pros
Incentives, lunches, and ongoing learning
Cons
Some campuses have a good driving distance.
Great Place to work
Adjunct Graduate Professor (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 1, 2017
Great place to work! I would recommend anyone wanting to teach to apply. The staff are great. The students are eager to learn. The Christian atmosphere is great!
Pros
Christian devotion before class starts and prayer before class ends.
Cons
Pay is a little low.
Helpful for paying for school.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHNovember 22, 2017
Work study at Ohio Christian University helps students with pay for their education. If your tuition is already covered it is good for money in the pocket.
Pros
Flexible with class schedules
Cons
Work load varies
Ok work place
COLLEGE RECRUITER/CORPORATE DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHNovember 21, 2017
Over the past year there has been a drastic change in administration and management. The current management team in the Recruitment Department has very poor leadership skills. Training is certainly needed on Employee Management Relations. The company is very Family Friendly. The workplace culture was laid back but is now a very competitive and stressful culture. Recruitment Department is very numbers driven.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to work remote and work from home.

I developed confidence in my sales ability. I improved in my customer relations skills. Learned to relate to people of all different backgrounds and cultures.

I like the new President. I believe he his character and experiences will improve the internal structure of the organization.
Pros
Paid days off and ability to work from home
Cons
New management team lacks skills and training
Easy to work around a busy schedule
assist in game day set-up and clean-up (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHNovember 2, 2017
This job works very easily with a busy schedule. One can work up to twenty hours a week. Job include gym supervision and game-day management. Gym supervision duties include cleaning the gym and supervision who goes in and out. Game-day duties can include score-keeping, concessions, music and announcing, and retrieving balls.
Best Team to Work With
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHAugust 19, 2017
Excellent team to work with, caring about students and teachers. Problems resolved quickly and efficiently. Focused on developing the next generation of Christian leaders.
Pros
Moral Outlook
Cons
Still Growing
fun place to work
Professor (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHApril 27, 2017
It was a great place to work. They have a great foundation its based on Christianity, but most of the jobs are part time. The people are nice and friendly.
productive and fun learning environment
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHApril 18, 2017
a typical day at work consisted of checking books in/out for patrons while answering phone calls from outsiders and online students; it was a great learning experience
It was a great company
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAApril 4, 2017
I had a great life work balance. I wore many hats, so my days where always busy but fun. I love being busy and helping people. The company is based out of Ohio and the culture was much different in the metro Atlanta area.
Higher Education is Great
Assistant to the Registrar (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OH 43113February 2, 2017
Each day was filled with new activities, new procedures and opportunities to make a difference in others lives. This is a joyful place to work. The hardest part was learning how to communicate with younger adults and being understood.
I most enjoyed talking to and counseling students, helping with studies and making a welcoming place for the student to come and grow spiritually and intellectually. Loved seeing the changes from Freshmen to Senior years.
Pros
Personally fulfilling
Cons
no cons
player
Collegiate basketball player (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHJanuary 25, 2017
it was fun playing there and my coach was great i would highly recommend to anybody. it is very well worth the time and money and i promise you wont regret.
I love it!
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Working as a student worker has its ups and downs, i personally love working in the career services department and i absolutely love my boss. I think this school is great!
Terrible
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHJanuary 22, 2017
This is a terrible place to work/attend school. The school does not care about others thoughts and opinions. They are extremely self centered beings..
Nice place to work with great coworkers and personally rewarding
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Circleville, OHJanuary 19, 2017
This job is more personally rewarding than anything as the workplace culture is well rooted in Biblical concepts and bathed in prayer. They truly stand behind their goals as a college and who they represent as a whole. Hard work pays off when you see students graduate and realize their full potential.
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
benefits and pay
It's like your apart of a family
Office worker (Former Employee) –  Circleville, OHJanuary 9, 2017
The people you work with is amazing, it's so nice getting to work with people who love God it is so empowereing. Ohio Christian university has given the skills that I need for finding a new job.
OCU is a very enjoyable place to work.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Morrow, GADecember 16, 2016
I enjoy my work at OCU. The academic suport team is concerned with the organization and the faculty. The work environment is conducive to an efficient and effective work place.