Ohio Dominican University Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Flexible schedules and kind supervisor
BUSINESS TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2018
Had a flexible schedule that helped balance my school work and had a kind and understanding supervisor. Overall was a perfect opportunity to help fellow colleagues excel in their classes.
Keep looking.
Public Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 24, 2018
In bad financial standings as a University. University is laying off staff and faculty. They just got a new President he’s doing his best to save the University but his efforts may be too late.
Pros
Free time
Cons
To much free time.
A Great Job
Gym Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 20, 2018
A typical day of being a student and working at ODU was fun and enjoyable because of the fact that everyone knew each-other. The staff and students were more of a family rather than a group of people in the same gym. It was a place you would enjoy being because of the positive atmosphere. The experience is what made the job even more comfortable. I feel like this is what makes a job. Working out is primarily what people would be doing but conversations would flow. You could relate with others around you which would make you feel comfortable about being there. One of the best keys is that The managers would be willing to help you in any beneficial way to get you to be a better contributor. This job was helpful overall. It taught me how far discipline could take you.
Pros
The staff, The customers "audience", The results
More relaxed and laid back office work
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 7, 2018
This job was a campus student ambassador position. Ambassadors would hold campus tours to prospective students and daily office duties such as filing, inquiries, and other student lead operations.
Cons
Poor Management, Non-consistent hours, Slow paced
Productive and fulfilling place to work
Institutional Research and Assessment Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 6, 2017
A typical day at work involved analyzing data that had the possibility to directly impact the University. I learned how to analyze data and summarize it as well as gained more experience with Microsoft Excel.
Fun and fast paced environment. New challenges each day
Sodexo Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 4, 2017
This is an environment where one can experience something new each day. The people in leadership roles strive to improve the quality of life for the employees and customers.
Relaxed and fun work place
Work study in the Student Involvement Office (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 16, 2017
Any typical day I would retrieve the mail and separate the mail into the different groups we had. Then I would sit at the front desk and greet anyone who came into the office. Occasionally my manger would have other projects for me to work on including to organize the drink closet and making posters for upcoming events.
Criminal Justice Tutor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2017
I was a student tutor and my supervisor gave excellent feedback on my work as well as worked around my class schedule and helped me to become a better tutor throughout my time there.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No cons
A relaxed atmosphere
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2017
I was just an intern through the Exercise Science department, but the work environment was very relaxed. This was a great place for both work and school.
Work Study
Front Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 16, 2017
My job is part of a work study position. I love my position at my school because it is on campus and I am allowed to do my homework when times are slow. It is relaxed and though I am not paid as much, it is enough money to 'get by.'
Pros
I am able to do my homework
Cons
Low pay rate
Productive and energetic college enviroment with business oriented objectives.
Business Manager for the Tower (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 10, 2016
I was the manager of the school news paper The Tower. I was responsible for getting articles from writers to publish in the paper. We also advertised for local businesses in the paper.
worked he as a student
Student Worker in the Spangler Library (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 13, 2016
This was a peaceful place to work. I learned a lot about libraries and how the book numbering system works. you get to meet a lot of people when you work in the library.
Provided some job experience.
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 21, 2016
It was my first experience at job and it the hours varied per week with sporting events. It was a way to earn more money to pay for university. It was a standard federal work study that allowed me to earn some job skills.
Ohio Dominican Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 11, 2015
Every day was different as an Intern. As an intern at Ohio Dominican I had the opportunity to meet many new people and have connections for my future, which was awesome!
Great University, great mission.
Student (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioOctober 8, 2015
Great University with a great mission. They do a lot for marginalized populations and offer a lot of aid to their students. They make it hard to fail.
Pros
Everything, great location for a college student. Everything is close.
Cons
Some crime in near by towns.
Fun place to work with sports teams
Game Day Staff (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhioApril 12, 2015
I have many different resposiblities depending on the sport event that is taken place. I have been a scorekeeper, clock manager, usher and security if need be.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
Varied hours
A pleasant place to work with good pay and benefits.
Assistant Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 23, 2015
It is a pleasant place to work with good benefits. Upper management felt fairly distant, but rarely interfered in what was needed to accomplish departmental level goals. There was a great deal of turn over above me in my final 5 years there which made it difficult for me to get a feel for the direction that the university and my department was heading. Personally I found that difficult, but its an above average place to work with a number of great people that it calls employees.
Pros
full benefits, education benefits, sense of community
Cons
continuous leadership changes, quirky due to size and industry
Ohio Dominican University
Purchasing Assist./Acc receivable. (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 9, 2015
My time with Ohio Dominican University , Columbus, Ohio has been rewarding. I have gained additional experience in buying for the University, accounts payable and accounts receivable. The people employed at ODU are unique in every way. A wonderful staff to work with.

My reason for leaving is the driving distance. I would like to secure a position in Richland County, Ohio where I live.
ugh....
security (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OhSeptember 14, 2014
It is a fun place to work, but the extremely low pay rate and the serious incompentance of a member of upper management make this security outfit a joke with a badge. Expect bs emails that make no sense, can't get a straight answer and be micro managed by someone that can't spell manager. But, that's what you get when your upper management doesn't have a college degree and he has a checkered background......

Avoid working in security here at all costs.
Pros
easy job
Cons
a few bad apples at the top part of the tree.
Producive and fun work enviornment
Security Assistant/Guard (Former Employee) –  COSeptember 8, 2014
A typical day working this postion consist of doing perimeter checks, bag checks, and saftey checks. I learned to be diligent in my work as a result of being employed by this company. Management and co-workers were all excellent to work with and for.
Pros
Work Experience
Cons
n/a