Ohio Living Lake Vista Employee Reviews

Did not enjoy working here
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cortland, OHJanuary 22, 2018
It was too much drama for me. A typical day is bad from start to finish. You would hope to get a good report from day shift if they don't have attitudes when you walk in the door. Some will give certain co workers good report on residents and others won't even tell you what to expect.
Pros
free lunches, paid birthday holiday, paid vacation
Cons
short breaks, poor management
January 31, 2018

Like all employers, we experience former employees who are not satisfied with the leadership style of our management team or find that personalities don’t always mesh with teammates, but we believe this is a small segment of our former employee population.

Thank you for your candid feedback. As you may have found, we offer all departed employees the opportunity to provide insight on their employment through an exit interview process. I hope you provided this information to us there as well. This information is essential for us as we look to expand and improve on the firm foundation that exists at Ohio Living.

Employees first!
STNA (Current Employee) –  Cortland, OHJanuary 4, 2018
Over the past couple of years at Ohio Living Lake Vista, leadership at the community has shifted their focus by putting employees first, and they have developed this by building a solid foundation based off trust, loyalty, and integrity. Leadership here is just as interested in how their business develops its people and how it contributes to society as they are in the quality of care they provide and profits. As an employee at Ohio Living Lake Vista I feel that I am a business partner and not just an employee who is easily replaceable. The leadership is strategic, inspirational, visionary, and most importantly, personable.

Ohio Living Lake Vista provides many opportunities for career development through on-going leadership training, skills training, and actually pays for employees to receive certifications related to their specific job. It’s not just management pushing for career development as it is definitely a two-way street as employees are encouraged to guide their own career. I know for a fact that employees have approached leadership about training and/or certifications that they were interested in and Ohio Living Lake Vista management made that investment in my coworkers, all they had to do was ask.

In addition to these great advancements at Ohio Living Lake Vista we also have the ability to flex our schedules within reason which helps us enhance our work/life balance and I am still aware of what is expected of me. I also receive more frequent and honest feedback, as well as I am consistently recognized for a job well done.

Ohio Living Lake Vista positively
  more... impacts the outside community with the care and services we provide, and it is great to come to work with people every day that have an insatiable desire for making a difference.
All these great things I mentioned are not just my imagination, as we have the outcomes to show that Ohio Living Lake Vista is one of the best retirement communities to live and work at, not just in Ohio, but in the entire nation!
Pros
flexible schedules; PTO; free lunch; culture;
January 31, 2018

Wow! We so thank you for your review and honest feedback! We are so happy that you are a part of our family! It's with people like you that we are able to realize our mission every day. All the best in your career with Ohio Living!

great place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cortland, OHDecember 27, 2017
Lake Vista is a great place to work!!! From the time I walked in on my first day everyone has been extremely welcoming and helpful!!!
Everyone goes above and beyond for the residents that live here! By far the best retirement/nursing community around!!
Pros
free lunch, paid time off, friendly co-workers
January 4, 2018

First, thank you for your service with Ohio Living and being the voice of Ohio Living Lake Vista when people call in there! It's with people like you that we are able to realize our mission every day. And we also thank you for your review and honest feedback!

I Love My Job at Ohio Living Lake Vista
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Cortland, OHDecember 27, 2017
Working at Ohio Living Lake Vista, career wise, has been life changing for me. Starting at an entry level position with the ability to move up in the company has motivated employees to continue learning as much as possible.

Employees receive daily recognition for a job well done from both leadership and residents while also being named in the top 15% for nursing homes in the United States by U.S. World News and Reports.

Management at Ohio Living Lake Vista are friendly, look at you more than just an employee, flexible, lead by example, and have an open door policy - they will help in any way possible and answer any questions you may have.

I love that my coworkers have turned into my work family - they genuinely care about each other and help each other out as much as possible.
Pros
Beautiful Facility, Holiday and Birthday Pay, Paid Days Off after 6 Months, Free Lunch, Tuition Reimbusement, 401K, Health / Vision / Dental Insurance, Flexabile Scheduling
January 4, 2018

First, thank you for your service with Ohio Living and glad you feel the way you do about Ohio Living Lake Vista! It's with people like you that we are able to realize our mission every day.

Thank you for your review and honest feedback! All the best in your career with Ohio Living!

Best place to work ever!!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Cortland, OHDecember 19, 2017
Best place to work ever!!
Every place you go there is something you might not like or don't agree with take the good and bad and move forward.
We also get daily recognitions on a job well done. The management team is well above excellent and works side by side with all employees.

Food is great there too!!
January 4, 2018

We are glad you find value in our recognition program and free meals!

Thank you for your review and honest feedback!

Everyone worked very hard and got along with one another.
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cortland, OHNovember 5, 2017
Working at Ohio Living Lake Vista was a significant stepping stone for me. Getting to know those who I've worked with and for was an absolute pleasure.
December 6, 2017

First, thank you for your service with Ohio Living! It's with people like you that we are able to realize our mission every day. And we also thank you for your review and honest feedback!

Ohio Living Lake Vista 5 Star Facility!
STNA (Current Employee) –  Ohio Living Lake Vista, Cortland, OhioNovember 1, 2017
Ohio Living Lake Vista is a wonderful place to work. Not only is it a beautiful facility but the staff and residents are very friendly and welcoming.

Lake Vista stands behind its core values: Innovation, Care, Financial, Leadership, Customer Service, and Integrity.

Management at Lake Vista is friendly and flexible. They work on the floor with employees and residents and there is always someone available to go to for advice.

If you're looking for a career change and want to work for a healthcare company that feels like home (because we are to our residents) Check out Ohio Living Lake Vista!
Pros
1 week paid vacation to all full-time employees upon hire, free lunch and holiday pay for your birthday! Who else offers that!
December 6, 2017

Keep doing great things for Ohio Living!

Only work here if you want to make oprs money.
Leadership (Former Employee) –  Cortland, OHApril 19, 2016
This company started as good and mission driven. Over the years it has turned into a revenue based organization. For a "not for profit" company that focuses on getting every penny that they could from their elderly population, they do very little to give to residents. The administrators have MBA's and not social services or nursing degrees as they once did. To me me this says which way the company is going. If you wish to make money for a company that pays no taxes this place is for you. If you truly care about the residents you serve you will be much off better off to look elsewhere.
Pros
Beautiful Facility.
awful.
STNA (Former Employee) –  CortlandMarch 5, 2014
This place is horrendous. do not work here. Backstabbing management that will manipulate and use good workers then tsos them to the street. These residents pay outrageous rates to get this poor understaffed care? That is not the "OPRS" mission. I feel sorry for them. You will not get a lunch break. You will be hounded 24/7 and the management is horrible.
Pros
the residents.
Cons
No breaks awful management
No longer mission driven but budget driven
Nursing Managment (Former Employee) –  Cortland OhioFebruary 19, 2014
OPRS was once a respectful company and I was more than proud to work there. Over the years key positions at the corporate level has experienced turnover which has resulted in the downfall of all the OPRS communities. The corporate HR department has suffered greatly and poor decisions and hiring at the local levels have resulted in strained untrusting relationships between facilty managers and HR.
While there are some fun and worthwhile incentives like the Virgin Health Miles program and tuition reimbursement and free lunches, this hardly makes up for the daily stress, unfair and improper treatment of loyal employee by the HR dept. and lack of support at corporate level.
The safety and care of the residents has suffered because of this as well. The coworkers were wonderful and work as a team to be successful but their efforts often went unrecognized. While budget issues are everywhere sometimes you need to take a close look at what you have at a corporate level and make cuts there as opposed to the facility level and cutting staff that is taking care of the residents. OPRS has lost focus it's not about the mission or the residents anymore.
Pros
Tuition reimb. Virgin health miles, Free lunch
Cons
Human Resources from Corporate Level to facilty level, skyrocketing health insurance premiums

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ohio Living Lake Vista. Our community is ready to answer.

Ohio Living Lake Vista Reviews by Location