Ohio National Financial Services Employee Reviews

If you are not management......watch out
Institutional Sales Senior Compensation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45242October 15, 2018
If you have ever felt the us vs. them on a job.....this is it. Classic management running everything and no one else having valuable input. It only takes a couple of bad managers to give a bad taste to a lot of workers.
October 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We will make sure it is shared so we can continue to develop our workplace for Ohio National associates.

Wow!! After 35 years of service there was absolutely no company loyalty. They terminated 300 plus people in one day without any notice.
Sr. Case Manager Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 10, 2018
I received notice of my termination via email, Most of the older workers were included in the Mass Termination. However, the managers kept their favorites.
Benefits
Cons
Give your entire life to a company and was absorbed and replaced by a young person.
October 16, 2018

Thank you for sharing your concerns. We take very seriously our responsibility to all associates, in particular when people’s positions are affected by change. We recognize that, in particular for our associates whose positions were affected, this step is difficult. To help support their transition, we have worked to provide these associates with a broad benefits package that includes severance based on years of service, outplacement assistance and training, and continuation of other benefits. If you have any additional questions, please contact our Human Resources Department.

Good company
Senior New Business Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 28, 2018
ONFS is a good company but due to layoffs and the close of retirement plans my job was eliminated.

Overall, it is a good company to work for. Great benefits!
Productive place to work with needed amenities.
Senior Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 26, 2018
The job I had at ONFS was the best one I could have had. I did several process management and support. Did programming as needed and got the tests and changes needed for projects they had no matter if it was CSF or COBOL or PL1.
Supported confirms and statements of VIN and GPA annuities.
Pros
Modern place to work
Cons
Executive managers did not communicate problems with VIN and GPA applications.
Failure in Strategy Cost People their jobs
AVP (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 20, 2018
Due to the failure in executive management not qualified to execute the 5 year strategic business plan the long term, strong, loyal and dedicated employees lost their jobs, but the executive management did not.
Company cut in half of product line.
Benefits
Cons
Bad Executive Leadership
September 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We will make sure this information is shared so we can continue to improve.

leadership
Project Manager - IT (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHSeptember 20, 2018
Lack of leadership at top that filters a consistent and truthful message to the employees. Lack of ability to take advantage of new systems and technologies to more efficiently run the business. Emphasis on IT to help drive efficiencies within the business lines.
Hardest part of job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 13, 2018
The hardest part of the job was weekly commission close, helping the agents get the cases paid for to get them a commission each week. Sometimes educating the agents to get in what is needed was a difficult task.
Pros
good insurance benefits
Cons
Good PTO time
September 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Your feedback will be shared as we strive to continuously improve our workplace culture at Ohio National.

Ohio National is a great company to work for
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 12, 2018
Ohio National is a great company. I feel like I have the ability to do whatever I want as a career. I want to be challenged again. There is so much this world has to offer and I want to learn it all.
Great people but a little shaky right now.
Mail and Scanning Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 12, 2018
I loved the team and culture that was around my team but instability and a lack of competitiveness of the company has made me lose trust in the executive leadership. i left because of a mass layoff decided on by the senior management.
Pros
great benefits and close team culture. generous time off
Cons
lay offs, corporate politics, lack of competitiveness in market
work was great until mass layoff
Annuity New Business Suitability Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 11, 2018
enjoyed working with colleagues until we were all laid off with no notice. we were however supported by our management team and everybody on the team was willing to help each other out.

Want to know more about Ohio National Financial Services?

Ask a question
Good work life balance
IT Director Corporate Systems BA/QA (Current Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHSeptember 8, 2018
They have a good work life balance for associates. They have flexible hours and work remote potential. Company is working on growing in the right direction
Top Workplace for consecutive years
New Business Processor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 7, 2018
I liked working there because I knew my job well. I excelled at what I did and helped others too. It was a consistent workflow and every day was pretty much the same tasks. It was easy to get a flow going. I was a top producer on my team keying in high volumes of applications day in and day out. I had a high quality percentage (not many errors, several perfect days in a row in fact). There were ups and downs when it came to workplace culture. Several managerial changes and it finally got better. The hardest part of the job was making sure certain things were done so that impact errors weren't made which had serious consequences. The most enjoyable part of the job was the support system on my team. My coworkers were always there to lend a helping hand or pick you up if you were having a bad day. Always laughing and keeping the atmosphere upbeat.

The company boasts about opportunities to advance but then they decided to lay off 300 people in one day, 20% of their associates to focus on just two business units. It was a hard pill to swallow, to be let go with a bunch of other people in a conference room meeting.
Pros
free parking garage, benefits (health, dental and vision), on-site nurse
Cons
no free lunch, on-site gym membership fee, dress code (couldn't wear conservatively sleeveless tops)
September 10, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Significant changes in the financial services market have made it important to focus on our historic strengths in life and disability income insurance. While this is essential as a mutual company to meet the needs of our policyholders, we recognize that, in particular for our associates whose positions were affected by this decision, this step is difficult. To help support their transition, these associates are receiving a broad benefits package that includes severance based on years of service, outplacement assistance and training, and continuation of other benefits.

Poor management
Complex Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 3, 2018
Management has no clue what’s going on with line level associates or what they do. Consistently fall flat on communication, advancement opportunities, and there is a strong culture of favoritism.
September 10, 2018

Thank you for your advice to our management team. We will make sure your feedback is shared so we can continue to develop our workplace for Ohio National associates.

Company with Growing Pains
Sr. Information Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 27, 2018
Overly Aggressive goals with a lack in ability to provide the appropriate resources/planning to meet these goals.

The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the constantly changing priorities. The priority usually is focused on the individual that is the most vocal and can change multiple times within the same day.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly nature of the employees.
Home office Executivs not intouch with the field employees
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2018
Disconnect between Field Reps and Regionals with the Home Office. To many layers of Home Office positions and politically based promotions of people to levels they should not be in that creates discontents and lack of support, communication and growth of the filed and regional level positions.
July 23, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We will make sure it is shared so we can continue to develop our workplace for Ohio National associates and the field.

I had only worked at Ohio National for 2 years
Senior Customer Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJuly 12, 2018
They had many internal management issues and employee issues.
Management was not willing to listen to their employees or client feedback to made the business better.
Not very customer service oriented at all.
July 16, 2018

Your feedback is important in maintaining our Top Workplace culture and we assure you that your comments will be used as our leadership team evaluates ways to enrich workplace culture.

Typical day
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 8, 2018
I had a plan case log so I worked on my plans to get them completed by the deadline. Management was there is you had any questions.

I enjoyed mentoring my peers. This made the job more exciting to be able to help others.
Pros
Cafeteria in home office.
Family atmosphere in a larger corporate structure
Supervisor, Individual Annuity New Business (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 29, 2018
Ohio National will provide any/all associates with the tools and training they need to be successful at the company, and further their career. They really do care about their employees and invest in their people.
Ok, but needs better pay.
Annuity Administrator (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 5, 2018
Lots of work. Work can be extremely repetitive and overwhelming at times. The amount of work that is expected to be done is not what you are compensated for. Managers are not too bad. Some of the people here can really make a difference in how an average day goes.
June 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Your feedback is important to us and will be shared. If you have further concerns you would like to address, please contact the Human Resources department.

Experience Depends on Manager
Representative (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHApril 2, 2018
When I had good managers I loved my job and looked forward to working. I put in whatever time was needed and volunteered for whatever task was needed.

Now I have a manager that doesn't follow through, is consistently late or absent, is quick to criticize before getting facts and promotes people with poor skills due to friendship.
Pros
Good cafeteria selection, clinic, working hours and time off
Cons
Expensive insurance, gym has a membership fee, promotions depend on who you know rather than skill.
May 2, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ohio National Financial Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight