Ohio State University Employee Reviews

Lack of hiring sense
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 13, 2018
The hiring process at this establish is terribly slow and lacks any sense of urgency or appreciation. It is very difficult to navigate and extremely difficult to work your way through the hiring process in a timely manner.
Great company
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 12, 2018
As a tech, you get great experience and get great benefits. It is an entry level position so the pay is not fair for what you are actually doing with the patients
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 11, 2018
Enjoyed every minute at Ohio State, just wish the compensation was better. Good quality of life and interaction with faculty and staff. Lots of flexibility in work hours.
Pros
Networking and people
Cons
Compensation
Great school and education
Athletic Training Student (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 7, 2018
I loved going to school and Ohio State and loved the clinicals I experienced while in the Athletic Training program. Would recommend to anyone who is interested in that degree.
Student Position
Academic Peer Coach (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHAugust 6, 2018
You have to be a student at Ohio State University to be eligible for this position. Great student job with many learning experiences. You grow a lot in this position with the help of your coworkers and boss.
Toxic Environment
Housekeeping at OSU for Bradley/Paterson Hall (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 31, 2018
Not the best place you want to be if you wish to have a stress-free job. Some stress comes with most jobs but the incompetent management creates a toxic environment and unnecessary stress that, overtime, can lead to physical problems.
Pros
On bus line
Cons
Must pay for parking for company you work for I find ridiculous
Great for research
Graduate Teaching Associate, U.S. History (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 29, 2018
OSU was a great place to work. I worked here while I was in graduate school. Like any GTA work-life balance was a struggle to maintain here. It's a great place to prep for life inside the Academy.
Great Institute for Research and Development
Postdoctoral Researcher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 26, 2018
The university has the foundation and facilities for faculty to successfully perform research. There are several opportunities to obtain funding. It's a wonderful place.
Low pay
Delivery Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 25, 2018
Love the environment, but the pay is ridiculous. I have a class A CDL with 20 years experience but was paid like an entry-level driver. Work was quiet demanding, pushing heavy items, and walking almost 12 miles daily.
Benefits
Cons
Miserable pay, bad communication
variety of student oriented services
Office of the University Registrar (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 25, 2018
routine academic environment; lack of budgetary funding; data entry, customer service and various other duties; provided experience with navigating websites
great place to work
Full-Time University Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHJuly 25, 2018
Great people, great atmosphere. I enjoyed working with the diverse student body and the terrific professors at the school. The atmosphere is definitely different than bigger schools, but it's excellent in its own ways.
Radiology Tech
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 25, 2018
Excellent place to work and great work place enviroment. Provide excellent patient care and in a timely manner. Very clean my coworker were easy to get along with.
great atmosphere
Part-time work ushering athletic events (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 25, 2018
Sometimes to reflect it appears that it's surreal to work in a place with such great history & tradition. I actually feel honored to be extended the opportunity to work here.
Pros
discounted lunches
Most enjoyable part of my job
Clinical Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 22, 2018
My most enjoyable thing about my job is the patients, being able to provide treatment when they have no other options in the clinic.
Knowing that we can help patients when financially they have no other option
Ohio State provides a wonderful opportunity for young talent
Interactive Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 20, 2018
Ohio State provided the stepping stone I needed to move on to my next job. I would advise diving into a one of a kind experience if given the opportunity.
Very good place to start working.
Administrative Associate I (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 20, 2018
Always learning something new and always opportunities for growth.

The workplace was always pleasant and I felt there were no boundaries for expansion of growth.
Excellent work/life balance
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 20, 2018
Ohio State is an excellent organization, rated the number one place to work on Columbus for several years in a row. Work life balance, great benefits and excellent workplace culture all contribute to excellence at OSU. On numerous occasions I have witnessed management being understanding about familial duties and being flexible with work schedules.
Pros
Culture, work/life balance, career building
Cons
Lower compensation usually
Lots of opportunities
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 19, 2018
There are lots of opportunities to change positions or move up to better positions. If you work full time they pay for schooling. Pay is average. I maxed out on the pay scale years ago so I dont receive raises even though cost of living is higher
Pros
Free schooling
Cons
Parking
Osuwmc
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 10, 2018
OSU Wexner Medical Center is a huge organization with the potential to experience and grow in many different areas. OSU has specific specialities that they are particularly dedicated to and get receive more funding for. The workplace culture is one of the poorest I have ever experienced, unfortunately.
Excellent Place to work
Water Compliance Engineer and Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 9, 2018
I enjoy working at Ohio State and hope to continue working here. Ohio State has many opportunities for advancement, however, the university is extremely competitive.

I am only seeking part time work to help overcome personal financial struggles.
Pros
Flexible hours when required
Cons
Few limitations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ohio State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight