Ohio Support Services Employee Reviews

Boring work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 23, 2018
Not competitive pay. Good job for older people or people that want an easy job. Slow, boring work. Had to wait for relief when your shift was over and if nobody showed up you would have to stay until they found coverage. If coverage wasn’t found then you would have to stay and work another full shift
Positive place to work at.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 19, 2018
Hard to leave a place where the management actually cares about you! Competitive wages for the field. Overall great company! I wake up and feel good about going to work everyday.
Pros
Positive work environment.
Cons
Pay.
OSS Review
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 14, 2018
Ohio Support Services is a professional company. The management is good and the training is excellent. The pay matched other companies the security feild.
Great group of people.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 6, 2018
Enough said, just a swell bunch, pleasure working with all of them. The perfect size, not too small, not too big, with an expanding pool of work sites and business partners.
Great company poor management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 2, 2017
Great company to work for. However when it comes to client interaction, security guard words hold no merit. Good pay, decent benefits but need change in management or possible RE training of management.
Pros
Great pay good job sites
Cons
Poor management
Good office workers.........
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43206December 1, 2017
I had a great work experience while working at OSS. The office workers were always there when you needed them and were a lot of help. The I learned some valuable lessons and that titles mean nothing. Worked there for almost 6 years, and had several site managers and some didn't seem fit for the job.
Benefits
pretty good place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  columbus ohioNovember 30, 2017
cool employees, manager is petty good. chases of growing is slim.
Would want a place where I can grow into managerian position without discrimination.
Well Site Security Job
Unarmed Security Guard (Current Employee) –  SE OhioNovember 8, 2017
Easy job but you need to pay attention to detail and care about your job because peoples lives are at stake. Must be able to spell correctly as you are entering information into the logging system of who comes and goes from the well pad. Good hearing and speaking skills are imperative! Slow paced most times so bring something to work on or to keep you busy to pass the time if you get bored easy. Easy money! The pad sites move often so your not in one place all the time and/or close to home. You meet lots of interesting people and I enjoyed talking to the workers. Perfect for those seeking additional income (college students, stay at home moms or retirees or someone with no life and doesn't mind working extra shifts to cover call offs/ no shows) Worst part was the gossip among workers and being exposed to the cold and rain depending on the weather.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
Exposed to the outdoors/conditions, hours, drive time
Workplace
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 10, 2017
The employment was alright, it was my first security job so it was interesting and learned and seen a lot of stuff. The hardest part about the job was nothing really, everything was simple and easy
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
my opinion
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 1, 2017
i enjoyed work for them.. management was very easy going and under standing. the jobs was every smooth and laid back . the hardest part of the job was try to stay woke. the most enjoyable part was management was cool with u doing thing to stay woke like working out . exsample: push up jumping jacks .
Little care for employees and poor management
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 5, 2017
I've never worked for a company with such a lack of communication or organization. They claim to hire only the best but often hire people to be "warm bodies". The owner is passionate but his management staff is uncoordinated and unorganized. The HR team and legal advisor (unsure of her official title in the company) are wonderful but there is only so much they can do to help.
Pros
Passionate owner, HR team, and legal team.
Cons
Pretty much everything else
nice place
Ohio Private Investigator/Armed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 6, 2017
• Work in the Office of the Ohio Secretary of State, ensuring only authorized employees and visitors are allowed onto the premises to maintain both security and safety
• Write daily reports of all activities and irregularities, including property damage, unusual occurrences or unauthorized persons
• Answer alarms and investigate disturbances; call police or fire departments, as needed
• Warn of rule infractions and violations; apprehend and/or evict violators from premises, using force if needed
My Experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 18, 2017
I worked long hours up and down securing floors. This company promoted family and job security but as soon as I got put on light work restriction due to complications with pregnancy they laid me off.
disrespectful managers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, OHFebruary 21, 2017
Didn't have there schedules together. Disrespectful managers. Horrible working around appointments etc. Do not recommend them
Ohio Support Services are Awesome!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJune 16, 2016
The only reason I left OSS is because Discover changed contracts for another company and I lived near by and didnt want to relocate. Other then that the company OSS is wonderful.
The work is demanding, but rewarding.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioAugust 20, 2015
The work brings you into the personal space of many people. Working in the many elements takes a strong will. They try to hire people that have soft skills.
Pros
You get to meet many people.
Cons
The outdoor weather can be harsh on a person.
Great place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 30, 2015
I have worked with other security companies before but this one is a good place to start, the only problem is the jobs are to far to drive for the wages paid.
Pros
Cons
have to drive over 50 miles one way to work
Very poor management
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 16, 2014
Unfulfilled promises, no acknowledgement of a job well done, no raises, in fact the company changed its policies and I then made less then when I started. Could not get safety equipment. management was constantly lieing to us . I ordered uniforms on several occasions and after driving all the way to the office on my time and my gas to find out that management had given them to a new hire. I have a cervical neck injury from a previous employer and was being discriminated for it. Management would threaten with termination if we left our post then not relieve us for bathroom breaks and threaten termination if we fell asleep at our post, but all the utility officers wouldn't do their job or show up late or sleep on duty because the company was working them so many hours. then all the utility officers got a 50 cent raise. It seemed that the part time worker who slept on the job or did nothing got a raise while me, the full time guy that did a great job, was always on time, never shirked a task and went above and beyond to do a good job got nothing.
Pros
The only pro is that they gave me a job when I needed one
Cons
No raises, no benefits, no lunch breaks no regular breaks, no safety equipment, no ability to advance
Great Experience
Compliance Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2014
Working at this company was a great experience. The management was exceptional and I really learned a lot working with this company.
Excellent security company
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 6, 2014
Very challenging and interesting work. Although the hours were a bit erratic at times.