Ohio Support Services Management reviews

Positive place to work at.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 19, 2018
Hard to leave a place where the management actually cares about you! Competitive wages for the field. Overall great company! I wake up and feel good about going to work everyday.
Pros
Positive work environment.
Cons
Pay.
OSS Review
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 14, 2018
Ohio Support Services is a professional company. The management is good and the training is excellent. The pay matched other companies the security feild.
Great company poor management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 2, 2017
Great company to work for. However when it comes to client interaction, security guard words hold no merit. Good pay, decent benefits but need change in management or possible RE training of management.
Pros
Great pay good job sites
Cons
Poor management
Good office workers.........
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43206December 1, 2017
I had a great work experience while working at OSS. The office workers were always there when you needed them and were a lot of help. The I learned some valuable lessons and that titles mean nothing. Worked there for almost 6 years, and had several site managers and some didn't seem fit for the job.
Benefits
pretty good place
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  columbus ohioNovember 30, 2017
cool employees, manager is petty good. chases of growing is slim.
Would want a place where I can grow into managerian position without discrimination.
my opinion
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 1, 2017
i enjoyed work for them.. management was very easy going and under standing. the jobs was every smooth and laid back . the hardest part of the job was try to stay woke. the most enjoyable part was management was cool with u doing thing to stay woke like working out . exsample: push up jumping jacks .
Little care for employees and poor management
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 5, 2017
I've never worked for a company with such a lack of communication or organization. They claim to hire only the best but often hire people to be "warm bodies". The owner is passionate but his management staff is uncoordinated and unorganized. The HR team and legal advisor (unsure of her official title in the company) are wonderful but there is only so much they can do to help.
Pros
Passionate owner, HR team, and legal team.
Cons
Pretty much everything else
disrespectful managers
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, OHFebruary 21, 2017
Didn't have there schedules together. Disrespectful managers. Horrible working around appointments etc. Do not recommend them
Very poor management
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 16, 2014
Unfulfilled promises, no acknowledgement of a job well done, no raises, in fact the company changed its policies and I then made less then when I started. Could not get safety equipment. management was constantly lieing to us . I ordered uniforms on several occasions and after driving all the way to the office on my time and my gas to find out that management had given them to a new hire. I have a cervical neck injury from a previous employer and was being discriminated for it. Management would threaten with termination if we left our post then not relieve us for bathroom breaks and threaten termination if we fell asleep at our post, but all the utility officers wouldn't do their job or show up late or sleep on duty because the company was working them so many hours. then all the utility officers got a 50 cent raise. It seemed that the part time worker who slept on the job or did nothing got a raise while me, the full time guy that did a great job, was always on time, never shirked a task and went above and beyond to do a good job got nothing.
Pros
The only pro is that they gave me a job when I needed one
Cons
No raises, no benefits, no lunch breaks no regular breaks, no safety equipment, no ability to advance
Great Experience
Compliance Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2014
Working at this company was a great experience. The management was exceptional and I really learned a lot working with this company.
Easy job and great interactions but poor management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 22, 2014
You are responsible for checking people in and out of oil rig sites, recording names, vehicles, reason for being there, and id. Management does not communicate with their employees, do not cover shifts adequately, forget the simplest of request, does not adequately accommodate employees being that we can not leave site for food or drink, are not really near anything for people to deliver, and some stations like mine do not even have a functioning fridge or water source. We had to heat this winter with a small plug in heater, and there is no relief from the hot besides shade. Coworks are great for the most part although your job is strictly one manned. although there are several that call off alot. the interaction with the people coming and going is the best part.
Pros
a lot of interaction with people.
Cons
poor management, poor accomodations
Good Company
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Short NorthJuly 18, 2013
Overall my typical day at work was to clean the district and maintain a safe friendly environment. I learned a lot about conducting security work and how to handle some situations. The Vice President of the company was a really great guy he would even come out and wear our uniforms and work with us on the site and fill in if an emergency would arise to help. He showed up and made sure we always were taken care of. The site supervisor on the other hand was not what you would call a good management role due to him going against policies a lot and telling us to go against what his bosses told us to do before he got to work. My co-workers were a great team and we worked together very well and made each others jobs much easier with the way we handled our daily jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job would be getting to meet a lot of people and the interactions with the businesses and owners of them. We had a lot of support from the businesses due to us helping keep the crime rate down in the area so their customers would keep coming back.
Pros
Discounts at all of the shops and food places
Cons
Cleaning trash while supposed to be doing a security job
Security guard or supervisor
Third Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 4, 2012
Escorting tenants and visitor to their vehicles after normal working hours; Making rounds on a daily bases in order to ensure the security of the facility and safety of the facility; writing incident reports and conducting fire inspection and a monthly basis; supervised security guard activities within the facility; trained security personal in different security procedures such as the use of the alarm panel, elevators, fire and security watches and the use of the security monitors.
Pros
easy to get hire
Cons
bad benefits, bad management, really bad compensation
A good company but is so big that there are many communication obstacles.
On Call Utility Officer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 27, 2012
A typical day at work is pretty uneventful. I conduct tours and greet employees. I check for badges and make sure that there's no criminal activity.

I've learned more about different management styles since I'm sent to multiple locations.

My manager is a good and fair guy and tries very hard to accommodate my needs, within reason.

You encounter a large variety of co-workers who run the entire spectrum of personality.

The hardest part of a utility officer is not having a set schedule and very little time off. Also I have the need for a lot of sleep to function properly and since I'm on call, I don't get it that often.

The enjoyable part of the job is that things change quite frequentl.
Pros
good pay for a contract security guard
Cons
no social life and i'm usually very tired.