Ohio University
4.3

Ohio University Employee Reviews

United States576 reviews
Countryside but Friendly
Aside from nothing else to do around the university, people are nice and helpful. Do not recommend to those who enjoy shopping to come to this place at all.
Do not move your family here
If you like a place that sees zero value in your work and they make you feel like an overpaid number this is the place for you. The university likes to pick off low hanging fruit while the people on the top of the tree soak the university dry.
Pros
There are none
Cons
Having 140 people in one day having their jobs abolished.
Not a good place.
Pretty much they don’t understand how to run the place, they don’t know how to manage money so they laid off 140 people bcuz they can’t handle real responsibility.
State pension
Good working environment poor management satisfactory benefits poor union represention but all and all a good place to work the benefits is why I stayed so long
Pros
Good benefit
Cons
Politic
Good opportunity for teaching experience
I attended Ohio University for graduate school and received a full-tuition scholarship as well as a teaching stipend. I taught two years and gained solid teaching experience.
I just go to school here and do personal training on the side
I am a junior at Ohio University. At Ohio University I am also apart of the #1 sales association in The United States. I am going for a Ba in Marketing and a certificate in Sales.
Great colleagues
Several great things about working at OU,
really great and interesting colleagues, interesting work, opportunities to create new methodologies, in general an excellent place to work. Drawbacks, must enjoy living in a small town in Southeast Ohio about 80 miles from the nearest city.

If it works for you, the best job ever.
Online Instructor
I really enjoyed working for Ohio University. I was disappointed to find that it was a one-time contracted position. However, it really kicked off my online teaching career.
Failing University. Toxic Culture.
Keep looking elsewhere. This is a failing institution with a toxic management culture. Compensation is below market standard rates. Employment is unreliable.
productive, analytical skills
flexible days and hours to work. data collecting and literature review work. the managers are very friendly and helpful and knowledgeable. analytical skills are need.
Family Oriented
Show up do your job and go home some days are longer than others depending on call offs.

Friendly but people do like to gossip.

Haunted that is no joke.

I genuinely enjoy working here it is a calm place to work for the most part.
Fast pace environment with helping students to suceed
I am constantly checking and responding to emails, students and non-students. There are set deadlines and time to achieve those deadlines. There is not atypical work day.
I worked at the Golf and Tennis Center
I had a good time working there. Management seemed to be a revolving door, but the regular employees kept it all in check. Everyone was nice, basically what you would expect working on a college campus
The Job is fun and the managers are nice, but the benefits aren't good.
I work for the Transportation and Parking Services at Ohio University and I believe that the employees should have better benefits. Other than the benefits It's a great job to work at and the managers are very understanding and down to earth, which is really nice.
It's a food service job.
For as far as food service jobs go, it's nice. Customers and other employees are respectful. Student managers are helpful, but a mixed bag if you get along with them. Overall nice job, but its still a food service job.
Nepotism and political culture
Not welcoming to outsiders and new ideas. Some employees would engage in sabotage to stifle progress and new ideas. Working environment was extremely toxic.
Love it.
This is a wonderful place to work I feel valued and supported. It is also a fulfilling position that offers great work life balance and multiple opportunities for collaboration with wonderful coworkers.
student worker
overall, the two student work study jobs i had were both great. The management showed a real interest in my well being, and helped push me to be my best as a employee and as a student
I Loved this Job
I was a Student Leader at the cafes. All my co-workers were good friends and overall a great work environment. You made your own weekly schedules and there was no conflict with classes. I learned many skills while working here.
Pros
Free lunches for Student Leaders, Free Coffee, Great job culture
Cons
Work is scarce on breaks, no more than 25 hours a week, bi-monthly mandatory meetings
Fun environment to work in
The culture within the Equipment staff for the football team is incredible. We are all able to manage getting our task done while also making each other have fun while being at work on sometimes long days.
Fun and energetic volunteer work
You just fall in love with the children you're working with everyday. They actually taught me more than I ever would've imagined. For example, patience, kindness, and diligence.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ohio University. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3
4.2
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight