Ohio University Employee Reviews

Enjoyable place.
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Pickerington, OHApril 10, 2018
I taught at the Pickerington Center, two classes per semester. I enjoyed my contact with the students but Athens campus acted like we were not even there.
Pros
Freedom of curriculum
Cons
ignored by main campus
Excellent student job opportunities
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHApril 7, 2018
I've, worked at Ohio University as a student employee for 4 years, and it has been a wonderful experience. Unfortunately the pay as a student isn't competitive, but the resources accessible to employees are hard to beaat.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHApril 6, 2018
This is a great friendly environment to work in. The staff is friendly and helpful when needed. I worked with the professor and made copies for them and helped them find there way around campus.
Student Researcher
Student Research Engineer (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHMarch 26, 2018
I was a student researcher at Ohio University while I was enrolled in the mechanical engineering program. OU provides many opportunities for students to get involved and get exposure to real-world engineering problems.
Highly recommend
Senior Business Simulation Capstone (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHMarch 18, 2018
Great faculty and co-workers. i would highly recommend Ohio university to anyone. It is a great place to work and or go to school and everyone there is very friendly
College Life Rules!
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHMarch 18, 2018
Ohio U is one of the top party colleges in the USA. Can't beat it. What an experience. Recommend a college life to anyone for a few years. Enjoy. Then move on and make some money.
I enjoyed working at Ohio University. I left to pursue a full time job at Rio Grande University
I was a adjunct instructor (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHMarch 14, 2018
It was enjoyable. I worked with students who had a mission. These students always asked questions and more often that not challenged my knowledge base. It was fantastic. I learned as much from them as they learned from me.
Relaxed and fun place to work
Front Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHMarch 7, 2018
You get to pick the hours you're available to work and you get your shifts set for the semester. Supervisors are accommodating as long as you keep up with work assignments.
Ohio University Athletic Department
sports (Current Employee) –  Athens County, OHFebruary 25, 2018
Academics and athletics don't get a long. There is very little support for the athletic department. Budgets are being cut except for administrative and executive salaries that continue to rise.
Pros
beautiful campus and high level of academics
Cons
there is a good amount of sexism
You can learn a lot working here while you study.
Technical Director/Grad Student (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHFebruary 10, 2018
You can learn many things working here while earning your graduate degree. The Theatre Program paid my tuition while I studied Technical Direction. I would not have been able to go to grad school without that assistance.

Want to know more about Ohio University?

Ask a question
Collaborative and welcoming environment
Student Affairs Designer (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHFebruary 9, 2018
Go to work and be assigned a project. Work on the project till I had a rough draft complete then send to supervisor to look over. Then make any corrections or suggestions they made and fix the project. Edit the final touches then put the project on the server for the client.
PACE position
Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHFebruary 9, 2018
This position is great exposure and experience, but a limited amount of time allowed to work. By law, I'm only allowed to work ~10 hrs/week. It is great position for undergrads because it allows you to get research experience and still keep up with your classes.
Pros
Research Exposure
Cons
Limited Time Allowance
Loved working here. Nothing bad to say.
Cook 3 Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHFebruary 7, 2018
Worked here for almost 20 years and loved it. Great leadership as far as managers. Worked with seasoned employees and working there was a pleasure. Being interactive with the students were awesome and it was a new experience every day.
Pros
The benefits
Fun work environment
Graduate teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens County, OHFebruary 5, 2018
Ohio University located in Athens Ohio provides a great work environment. It has a great collaborative environment for students and staff alike. I would recommend it to a friend.
The university is only interested in raising student tuition
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHFebruary 5, 2018
The University doesn't care about it's employees. I had a horrible experience, and the HR department wouldn't do anything on my behalf, because they didn't want to upset the Director and the Graduate Director.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
Management and HR don't care about the employees
Workplace
Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHFebruary 3, 2018
Productive and fun workplace with colleagues of good moral character.
Great management and Lab coordinating skills.
Learned many skills including Lab management, conducting many material test equipment, etc.
Fun, Productive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHJanuary 29, 2018
Good place to work everyone was nice the overall place was a lot of nice people overall that I met and would recommend this place to everybody i know
Good place to get experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJanuary 25, 2018
I worked as a research assistant here. It was a great place to gain experience and something to put on my resume. The school does not just send you out into the world without helping a little bit.
Independence for a research lab area but with university guidelines
Lab Manager/Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJanuary 22, 2018
overall good. loved the doctors I worked with and interaction with fellow researchers and student helpers. Position duties varied from cleaning lab and organization to data collection and analysis.
Good Place to work with Great People
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR/LECTURER (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHJanuary 16, 2018
Hard job to describe as all jobs are different in that we each have dual appointments. I have learned a ton, met many new people, have grown personally and professionally. Serving on faculty at a large university is truly a unique experience. Fast paced and collaborative, the culture is good. That hardest part of the job is the balance between my administrative and faculty responsibilities. The amount of different tasks that arise on any given day caught me off guard. The best part of the job are the people (co-workers and students I recruit).
Pros
Extremely flexible Schedule Good benefits