Ohio University Employee Reviews

Great place to work and learn.
Theory GA and Jazz GA (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHAugust 13, 2018
Ohio University and the faculty that teach there are a fun, engaging, and challenging group that helped me grow as a professional. I would highly recommend working there.
Relaxed, collaborative place to work
Device Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHAugust 6, 2018
Clear, manageable work requirements, good supervisors, mature coworkers, and drama free atmosphere makes for a very positive work experience. However, it does seem like a difficult place to grow from temporary positions.
horrible
BOILER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  athens ohioAugust 6, 2018
if your desire is to be a number and be a cog in the gears then get ready for life at Ohio university the only decent job around so they treat the employees like cattle the union is scared and toothless never get anything more than .5% of a raise every year just horrible
Pros
Cons
everything
Fast Pace and Productive Environment
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHAugust 3, 2018
Ohio University is the ideal place for both studies and for career development. They train people to be professional, profound thinker and change makers.
Cooperative, fun, and engaging
Camp Counselor, Kids on Campus, Beacon School (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHAugust 1, 2018
Monitoring and guiding developmentally disabled youth through various camp activities
Hardest part: making sure all kids are in one place for lessons
Enjoyable part: collaborating with staff
Fine Place to Work
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJuly 18, 2018
As a resident assistant I enjoyed helping the students and making the residence hall a great place to live in. It was a great leadership opportunity for me.
productive
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJuly 18, 2018
lecturers are very engaging and the research carried out by assistants provides them so much educative knowledge. Very busy schedules but professors provide assistance with time management
Gained experience with major
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed photographing things for Alden Library and it was nice to get a different take on what I could do with my photography degree after I graduated.
Ohio University is Nice Place to school and work
Graduate Assistant/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJuly 6, 2018
Grading undergraduate students was exciting. My boss was lively, understanding and strict as well. Tutoring was intriguing. I like imparting knowledge to whoever needs it. So, I did enjoy being graduate assistant and tutor/instructor at Ohio University.
Helpful staff
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJune 28, 2018
helps with office work and filing, i would clean and do alot of computer work. like excel and Microsoft office. i was a student employee so it wasnt a forever job just something to get me through till i found another job
Pros
staff
Cons
N/a
Graduate Student
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHJune 18, 2018
Decent university for a masters program, really like our department. Not a lot of support for the student, however. Points-of-contact or support system does not benefit students, only the established professors and administrators. No real safe place to go for advice
Pros
Paid education
Cons
If you have issues with your adviser or department, good luck
Satisfied
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHJune 14, 2018
I am working as a part-time teaching assistant at Ohio University and I enjoy teaching the undergrad students. The hard part is I will have to study for my exams as well as I am responsible for conducting exams of undergrad students that occurs in the same week. But I balance both very effectively and I have maintained a GPA of 3.4
Work Study
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJune 12, 2018
Ohio University has a wide range of work study programs and often provides opportunities in various student interests. Hours are flexible and work around class schedules.
Pros
flexible hours
Great atmosphere, true studio
University Planning Intern (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJune 11, 2018
The studio layout of the office does a lot for the office experience. My co-workers were very big team players, who constantly collaborated on projects.
A fun place to work while earning your degree
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJune 9, 2018
This was a perfect job for me at the time as I was a student attending the university myself. It was rewarding helping other to succeed and to better understand the information presented in the classroom.
Pros
Helping others succeed
Great part-time job
Reverse Engineering Junior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJune 7, 2018
This position was a PACE position and was temporary. This is a great job to put on resume for entry-level experience. Reported directly to the department's grad-assistant. You make your own hours and work on current projects with a group of 2 or 3.
A great place to start out or settle into
Paraprofessional Staff (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJune 5, 2018
I was with the university as a student and worked part-time while getting my degree. I made lots of great relationships and learned a lot. Everyone takes care of each other and are willing to work with everybody.
very welcoming and helpful
Learning community leader (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHMay 26, 2018
Very welcoming and helpful staff. They helped me learn the procedures for my job very quickly and let me get experience as soon as possible. Training is one of the best programs as it helps you in other aspects of your life
Job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHMay 16, 2018
Good job to have as a college student. Works around class schedule and does not over work you. I worked in the psychology office so that is the only office I can speak for.
Collaborative work place
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHMay 7, 2018
As a graduate research assistant at Ohio University, life is hard as you have to maintain your study and research at the same time. However, no comments on professional jobs of OU. I hope I can write the experience someday!