ohio valley health care Employee Reviews

4.3Pay & Benefits
4.3Job Security & Advancement
Meaningful
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 15, 2017
This was the most meaningful job I have ever done. I got to see on a daily basis the joys of helping a single person in private ways others do not get the experience. It is flattering to me for an individual to trust in me and physically rely on me to do what is best for them. Each resident has a special place with me.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Picking up other staff slack
great place
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVSeptember 19, 2013
Great Place To Work.The Residents are Wonderful.I Have Been There Forever.
Pros
its a good place to work
Cons
lots of gossip
Lpn ft
Full-time LPN (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 16, 2013
This was my first LPN job. And one of my all time favorates. Everyone was so kind to me. I only left because I was offered to be worked into dayshift at another facility and the likelihood at OVHC was slim because people rarely left. I would provide med administration, treatments, lab and IV therapy, skin assessments, shift assessment, and personal care to each patient.
Co-workers are wonderful and have asked to me see them on a routine basis even after several years of not being there.
Pros
very great work atmosphere
Cons
small facility with little job experiences
Fun and Respectful place
Hospitality Aide (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVSeptember 2, 2012
I got there at 6:30 A.M and i would take all the residents into the dining room for breakfast. Next i would pass out there bibs they would wear, after that I would pass the trays to the correct resident. After a resident was done eating I would calculate how much they ate of their breakfast and record it into the computer. I would also take them back to their rooms, when they were done eating. After breakfast was over i would go and fill up their drinking water pitchers so they would have fresh water. When i was done with that it would be almost lunch time and at lunch time I would do the exact same thing I would do at breakfast. Then finaly my work day would be over at 1:30 P.M.