Ohio Valley Hospital Employee Reviews

Bullies
Director of Quality and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PAMarch 18, 2018
Very aggressive manager who humiliated others consistently in meetings. She couldn't get along with her peers. Eventually began treating me the same way. I had to go. Couldn't stand working there.
Pros
Cons
everything
Very nice place to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  McKees Rocsk, PAFebruary 20, 2018
Ohio Valley is a very nice small community hospital. The staff is wonderful.

I enjoy doing the Radiology Transcription at the hospital.

The employees are very nice and helpful.
layed back and fun work place
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 13, 2017
I enjoy my job and my co workers very much,just not very much room for growth here. the hours are very easy to work . over all I would stay at my job here if there was any room for growth, what you start at is pretty much what you leave at.
Enjoyable place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PADecember 2, 2017
Learned a lot from the team. Very relaxed pace of work, although there is a lot of standing and walking from floor to floor involved. Over all enjoyable place to work.
good they offer more benifits than other places and if you work there then when you get treated there its at a lower cost
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mc Kees Rocks, PAOctober 16, 2017
can be fun place to work a lot good people there willing to teach ,manage works to train you as well your co workers I really injoyed my time there and learned alot
Pros
good lunchs close to home good managers
Cons
i really dont have anything bad to say about it
not an awful place to work but definitely not the best
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PASeptember 18, 2017
I am only familiar with my department which is phlebotomy, the management is what makes a poor working environment in my opinion. I liked my job under the fist manager, after the second manager came in, schedules are never done in advance, very negative environment, unprofessional talk, talking about other employees, spreading gossip et.
Flexible schedule
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PAAugust 27, 2017
working with Ohio valley gave me an opportunity to juggle life and work comfortably. they were flexible with their schedule and management was easy to work with.
Poor Management and Low Pay
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PAAugust 14, 2017
The company is poorly managed from the top down with extremely low pay ... very high turnover rate .... Ohio Valley would rather pay casual employees and agency nurses top dollar instead of investing any money in their full time nurses
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Poor management/Low Pay
Nice place to work
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PAMarch 21, 2017
I currently work here and the people I work with are awesome. I would recommend this hospital to anyone. My coworkers are always willing to help. This hospital has a nice family feel
Good learning opportunity to further your education.
Nursing Associate/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PAAugust 31, 2016
Working at Ohio has great people to work with. Theirs is a school of nursing that you can attend to further your education. Lots of support from nurses for school work and explaining how to do something that you don't know how to do or just to better understand what is going on with the patient. The managers work with you to make your work schedule fit with school schedule or if you need specific days off. Free parking is the best if you own a car and it is on a bus route if you take the bus. So if your looking to further your education and experience Ohio is a good place to be at.
N/a
Nursing Associate (Current Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PAJuly 26, 2016
I did not enjoy working at OVH towards the end. Grossly understaffed and underpaid. I will not disparaged this facility.
Prn
Physical Therapist Assistant - PRN (Current Employee) –  McKees Rocks, PASeptember 12, 2015
PRN. Great employment!! Really enjoy the pts and the coworkers, but need a full time position and they unfortunately do not have any openings.
housekeeping
housekeeper (Current Employee) –  mckees rocks, PaAugust 6, 2015
good place to work, nice co-workers
will help out when needed

not to good for job advancement for the housekeeping department

Bosses are good to work with
Pros
free parking, nice clean hospital
Cons
no advancement
Gained professional skills, enjoyed versatility of job
Registrar/Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Mckees Rocks, PAApril 23, 2012
Registrar/Switchboard Operator
Obtained personal, medical and insurance information from patients requiring emergency room care at the hospital. Managed main hospital switchboard.
Pros
enjoyed learning about insurance, operating main switchboard
Cons
job position ended, due to husband relocated by us army

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ohio Valley Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ohio Valley Hospital Reviews by Location