OhioGuidestone

OhioGuidestone Employee Reviews

United States245 reviews

guidestoneogsproductivityohiomentalagencyclientsupervisor

Balanced place to work

If you don’t mind working with minimal supervision, this is the place for you. The pay isn’t great but the training is great and the work life balance is ok.

Great place to intern

I have been an intern for nine months. I have learned so much in that time period. I feel very supported and I have amazing coworkers and supervisors.

OhioGuidestone insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Just Awful

Per Diem work. Not anyway to make a living. Constantly chasing clients done and then never having them show up for appointments. So no work hours, no pay check. No benefits and low wages anyway.

Not what I was told

Mgmt in Lorain was awful! They lied and expected me to literally “work out of my car”. They treated you badly and you could not disagree with them! They expected the impossible with hours worked. Office hours were impossible to keep also. The amount of appts with clients was also unreasonable!We are human beings, too and cannot do what they expect!

Pros

Co-workers we’re nice

Cons

Terrible work demands, caused mental depression because of mgmt treatment, clients homes were filthy and dangerous, no mgmt support, you were totally on your own!

Does not value employees.

Pay is on the low side. Some good people work there but only a short few. A good place to get your feet wet but not long term career kind of place. 2.5/5 rating from me.

A great environment.

A very flexible job. You can earn monthly bonuses. OGS pays your mileage. Paid holidays. Decent benefits. Free training. The management does not bother you if you do your job. OGS provides all your office supplies, including postage for mailing jobs and client-related things. Lastly, you are providing a service of helping people.

Ohio Guidestone

Really the company is like family. They help with making sure you and the client's are successful. They also care about your well-being. They are very family oriented.

No Support

Training process was very overwhelming and not personable. Shuffled in a group at a time. all different positions. supervisors think job specific training already occurred, it didn't. I'm still not sure what my job totally entails. supervisors should be more hands on in training process. Clinicians take advantage of lower staff employees. Very unfortunate. To work full time you will still need a part time job to compensate the low pay.

Flexible and Supportive

As a new mother the company has been extremely supportive and flexible, allowing me to continue to pursue my career, attend graduate school, and allow me to be a present new mother. I really could not ask for a more supportive work environment and team. From immediate co-workers to upper management, the company has worked with me to make it possible for me to continue my career. Of course the company has struggles, but the company is actively working with employees to address these issues. This is by far the most inclusive company I have ever worked for. Management truly listens to staff. And the new CEO is making big changes in a positive direction.

Everyone works as a team and everyone is treated fairly.

AMAZING!!!! I learn something new everyday and I build relationships on a daily. The company is amazing and they know and appreciate our hard work. My company gives us so much training which a lot of the time are certifications. I am also able to do my externship with my company. I have absolutely nothing negative to say which I can say is the first time ever that I didn't have something not nice to say about a place I am employed at.

Not the best place to work

Extremely stressful. The hours you actually put in to meet productivity leave you with a low hourly wage. My days typically run from 8am-7pm and I never bonus.

Family-friendly with focus on staff growth

Ohioguidestone values family and offers staff significant flexibility to balance work and family life. Ohioguidestone has provided me more opportunities than I could have imagined to grow clinically and professionally. I feel valued, appreciated, and supported as an employee, and as a Mother. The pay has historically been low but there have been recent increases to pay and they have provided more comparable compensation and benefits to other CMH agencies. Community mental health is hard work, but it is work with value that provides unlimited learning experiences. It is not an easy job, but it is a wonderful place to be employed if you are looking for an agency with a mission and a desire to serve others.

Pros

Flexibility, recent pay increases, growth opportunities, mission, support, culture

Cons

High stress

Overall Great!

Enjoyed working here. Everyone is supportive and there is a lot of training opportunities to explore. Works with employees on life/work balance. Lots of flexibility.

Good Supervisors and supportive staff

Good Supervisors and supportive staff. I resign due to lack of client. I believe there were challenges assigning me clients due to my race. I worked at the Lancaster, Ohio location

Great staff and supervisors but stressful and low compensation

I loved working with my team. The supervisors were great and supportive, as was the staff and colleagues. School-based therapists had the option to take summers off utilizing a 10-months contract and only work the hours they wanted during summer. Meeting productivity was typically achievable but you had to put in the work. Students often don’t show up to school and parents are not often responsive. This means you have to adjust your schedule constantly trying to see all your clients. In the end, I often worked well over 40hrs per week at a low hourly rate. They offer bonus pay for high productivity, which at least makes up for some of your effort.

Not worth working here unless you enjoy stress

This is a horrible place to work. The pay is extremely low and the benefits are awful compared to other places. Management can mess up and will blame you. Even though you may have all your t's crossed and your i's dotted, they will turn on you at any moment for no reason whatsoever. You might think you're doing a good job, but always watch your back, as management is a bunch of backstabbers.

Good company for the most part but my God the pay is absolutely horrendous.

Loved working there. Had a great boss and staff. Built their SUD program for them. When I asked for the title and salary they said no within hours and I said goodbye.

Challenging and Unpredictable

Each day is somewhat different. Being expected to transport volatile clients, with little notice is mentally draining. There is a lot of transition in management.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

High Stress and Below Average Pay

A place where you can bring your true self to work and be affirmed.

Great company that has a large footprint across Ohio and a diverse set of employees throughout the regions. Company began the task of becoming more inclusive and diverse in 2018.

Professional

OHioGiodestone has employees that are very professional, to me this is a relief. I always have support whenever I need it, my work phone and laptop sync together, I was hired and provided a laptop, cell phone, and several books for further education of what I am doing.

Pros

Professionalism, support from colleges and supervisors at any time i need it i can always reach someone.

Cons

Lower pay

Pays the bills thats all

Agency is in transition trying to find themselves. I personally have a great Manager rest of campus is in disarray!!! Pay is okay because you can get plenty of OT!!! They are now getting from all sorts of backgrounds within Mental Health. I think it is a decent gig as a Part time job or fresh out of school and need experience in the field of social service.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

No breaks, lack support, very unorganized.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OhioGuidestone. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare OhioGuidestone with

OhioGuidestone reviews by popular job title

• OhioGuidestone
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?