OhioGuidestone Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
No room to live
Intern and Therapist (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHJuly 17, 2018
They only care about productivity. They will have you driving from County to county plus see all your clients. After you drove everywhere and seen your clients its 10pm. Ohioguidestone do not care about their employees or clients only the productivity. If you take Vacation you have to make up the hrs, so your really not getting a vacation. On top of all that the pay suck.
Pros
meet new people
Cons
no vacation really
Overall a good company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 21, 2018
Guidestone offers care for employees, but as a non-profit, compensation is low, even based on experience and education. Family-style feeling, where support is given from other co-workers and opportunities for growth.
Pros
Growth within
Cons
Low salary
You must love to work with children
Administrative Support / Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 13, 2018
Overall it is a wonderful place to work and the services provided are much needed for the children in the community or in house. Family-oriented organization.
Pros
The services they provide are excellent to the community and the families in need
Cons
Hard to advance in the workplace
Awesome
Business Manager for Stark and Summit Counties (Former Employee) –  ColoradoJune 9, 2018
Awesome place to work and grow. I worked there 4 years in 3 different offices.workforce was the best. I would highly recommend applying for a position with this company.
Great opportunity to work with kids
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHMay 18, 2018
Walk in during naptime watch over the children. Help them to the bathroom or assist in trying to potty train. Give the kids a snack and then teach before it is time to go outside and then teach afterwards.
Pros
Getting to undersatnd children more
Cons
Potty training
I enjoy my job working with children and family
QUALITY MENTAL HEALTH (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 30, 2018
A typical day is great as long as their is not a crises, I normally meet with client at the school doing their lunch not interfere with their class work. Sometime I might see client on the weekend in the community
great place to work
Youth Mentor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 30, 2018
Guidestone was amazing however for the amount of travel and workyou must put in the pay was not substantial. Startting new roles and new horizons is tough but I believe they will make it.
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay
Very stressful workload,including assessments, lesson plans, anectdotal notes, home visits etc
Co Preschool Teacher ( Head Start ) (Former Employee) –  Maple Heights, OHMarch 28, 2018
A typical workday was fast paced. Management had issues with personal attitude and speaking with employees properly. She was mean and did not help with discipline problems.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
mangement
Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 20, 2018
Working in this field is not for everyone but it can be very rewarding and bring great joy to see the positive impact you bring into peoples lives. In a typical day you could deal with a child being depressed having suicidal thoughts wanting to run away from treatment etc. Hardest part is seeing the children in pain, most enjoyable part is being able to put a smile on there face.
Pros
Making a difference, Learning each day
Cons
short breaks
Do recommend
Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHMarch 20, 2018
They are inconsistent, I called my manager maybe 3 plus days leaving messages to speak with her about shadowing she never answered or called back any of those days. When she finally called she stated I must have a new number and I stated no this the only number on file. She claims she had it saved and that’s why she didn’t answer because she didn’t know who I was even when I left messages stating who I am. I just find it inconsistent, the turn over rate is high. Upper people really needs to get it together. I haven’t even been there a month let alone 3 weeks and wants to leave already. I do not recommend them
Ohio GuideStone is poorly managed and does not value employees
Victims Advocate (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 28, 2018
The absolutely most poorly managed facility I have ever had the displeasure to work with. They will work you to death if you do not speak up. No one in this organization (from Human Resources through house managers) has any clue of what they are doing. 15 clients to one staff member. Feel blessed to have escaped the nightmare this employment was. Beware
ok
Doctoral Intern (Current Employee) –  Brook Park, OHFebruary 23, 2018
ok place to start. Rated as a good place to work. Community mental health based work. focus on productivity. Paid additional money for exceeding productivity.
Positive environment
School Based Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 28, 2018
This agency is committed to high standards and employee growth. They provide you with thorough training when you starting and support ongoing growth..
Supportive work enviroment.
Social Worker - Diagnostic Assessor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 29, 2017
Working at Ohio Guidestone has helped me to become a strong diagnostic assessor. The support that is provided by managements helps to make comfortable work environment.
Pros
Personal and prpfessional growth
Great place for young worker
Worker (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHDecember 20, 2017
OG is a great place when you are starting out as a newer worker. The schedule is flexible and you have the ability to work different times of day or weekends. The service area is quite large and you could have cases in several different counties which can be frustrating. Case loads can be high and since it is an entry level position there is a lot of turnover which causes additional cases to be assigned to seasoned workers. Productivity and meeting mandates can be challenging when case loads are high. While OT is not discouraged, it was rarely recorded as OT increased productivity hours which were mandatory. Staff was supportive and there is opportunity for advancement. Salary is quite low however and not very competitive. Insurance was a high deductible plan and while we didn't pay for treatment, bills were quite expensive.
Pros
advancement, flexibility, supportive staff
Cons
low pay, insurance can be pricey, low PTO, high productivity and case loads.
Awesome experience with working with kids!
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHDecember 12, 2017
At Berea Family Life Center, I worked as a teacher assistant with toddler-aged children. The children were aged anywhere from 18 months to 3 years old. I would arrive in the morning, feed the children breakfast and practice eating at a table, have free play as well as organized lessons, help assist them to sleep during nap time, and help them grow and learn new things. The work place itself was very welcoming, and "family like". I always felt like I was welcomed, and the staff was always helpful. It was a wonderful place to work, and I learned so much about caring for children and helping them grow!
Pros
Seeing smiling, happy, fun children every day!
Cons
The pay is not very good.
See below
Respite Social Provider (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 6, 2017
The work relationship between client and specialist was inspirational and it was very self fulfilling. The work load was very light for the effort and accomplishments I made. It still was a rewarding experience both professional and personal.
Pros
Working with the clients and see them blossom.
Cons
Small case load and benefits.
Excellent place to expand growth with children.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHNovember 22, 2017
OhioGuidestone FLCC was a great place to expand my interests and skills with children, considering I was graduation to be a teacher. I already miss all the kids I worked with and recommend this place for anyone who loves kids.
Understanding, Supportive Environment
School-Based Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 14, 2017
I have worked in several agencies in the northeast Ohio area and OhioGuidestone without a doubt has the best work environment, most support, and greatest level of compassion for employees. At OhioGuidestone, I have a supervisor who cares about my overall wellbeing, is available daily in-person or via phone, and who has knowledge and expertise to address my questions and concerns about clients. While this agency does not pay as much as others in the area, the environment created by supervisors and directors in the agency facilitates personal and professional growth.
Horrible communication
Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berea, OHOctober 17, 2017
IT SUCKS, bad communication. no consequences. turn over in staff. no stability. Staff doesnt know how to talk to children. Management will turn their head and talk about staff instead of have a meeting to discuss issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OhioGuidestone. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight