OhioGuidestone Employee Reviews

Berea Children's Home
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 11, 2017
I enjoyed working in this program with the young ladies and watching and monitoring their progress. This was an intern position while I was attending school for my BA in Social Work.
Wished they continued with this program, but it has since been cancelled by the Cuyahoga Juvenile Courts.
Pros
Helping young ladies to get back on right track
Cons
Not being able to see the outcome of some of the participants.
Very little micro managing
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 25, 2017
OhioGuidestone would have been a good fit for me if I were younger because going to patient's homes was not my favorite thing to do due to bed bugs, lice and very dangerous areas that we had to visit.
Pros
Work from home at times
Cons
Unrealistic expectations
School/ Community based Therapist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHAugust 9, 2017
I have enjoyed my time but am looking to relocate to further my education. This is a great place to work and I have learned a great deal working with this agency.
Great agency, social services are always difficult
Therapist/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 3, 2017
In community mental health poor work/life balance and less than optimal pay are the norm. Nevertheless, i always felt supported by my coworkers and it was clear everyone was passionate about their work.
Its a good organization
CPST Worker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43215July 24, 2017
i like OGS. But having an BSW and being paid 13.70 ph, is unjust for the amount of work, clients, and deadlines you have to do. They pay the minimum to their workers and want them to over extend themselves to the the clients who suffer various mental illnesses?
Pros
great staff, great supervisors
Cons
healthcare isn't good, pay at a Bachelors level is disrespectful
Very Rewarding! Matched my passion of mentoring youth
Youth Mentor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 21, 2017
Provided one on one respite mentoring for at risk, AOD and emotionally/behaviorally challenged youth ages 7-18; community relationship building activities and career, academic enrichment and vocational support.
This was like a dream job for me, because it match my passion for reaching youth and helping them achieve their full potential. It also gave me the opportunity be a support to families and advocate for them.
Pros
Felexibility
Cons
Payrate
Part time PRN work
BH Mental Health Assessor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 13, 2017
I worked at Ohio Guidestone as a part time PRN Behavioral Health Assessor. I learned a lot about the BH needs and assessment to meet criteria for services. Good experiences.
productive environment with nice and fun staff
Ged / entry level construction (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 12, 2017
A typical day in this workforce 360 program was tough staff stayed on me so that i could better myself as a person. I learned many skills in this program they taught me basic computer skills, communication skills etc. The workplace environment was actually pleasing everyone was really nice and looking to help you as much as they could. The hardest part of the job was working out we had to exercise early mornings. The most enjoyable part of this program was the graduation ceremony.
Pros
get paid to get your education.
Cons
dint have many brakes and working out early mornings.
Fun Workplace
Kids Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHMay 28, 2017
The typical day at work was very fun and outgoing. I was please to be able to build the relationships I made, while being able to work well. Great place to work.
Not the best place to work
Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHMay 14, 2017
When I would worked on the units staff were unprofessional wasn't really interested in finding solution or programs that would benefit the growth of the client. In the group home management would undermining the staff
Pros
Training Educational Information
Cons
Lack of ethic, opportunity for advancement and motivation for clients sucess
Learning experience
Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHApril 10, 2017
Great learning experience for anyone, but especially criminal justice, social work, and psychology majors. Gain knowledge in social services, child welfare, and the real-life struggles of disadvantaged youth. Typical work day was spent providing a structured and safe environment while knowing that at any moment, a crisis could quickly unfold. Staff on shift must be quick on their feet and act as a cohesive unit in order to maintain safety and chaos which occurs at every opportunity. Sometimes unsafe environment. Best part of the job was learning how to manage chaotic, dangerous, and stressful environments with ease and as a team. Management could be proactive at preventing many of the conflicts that arise.
Pros
sometimes fun, good health benefits
Cons
long hours, dangerous, often frustrating
Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 3, 2017
Great place if you need a part time job. I'm not sure about the benefits because I was part time. I learned a lot about children with mental diseases and it made me feel good to help them
Love OhioGuideston
Clinical Supervisor, Community Counseling (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2017
I truly enjoy working at OhioGuidestone. The culture is very supportive and the staff are knowledgeable and work hard. Everyone is working towards the goal of empowering families. Great place to work.
Pros
Flexibility, support
Cons
Some non-traditional hours
Staff was wonderful to work with, very caring and hardworking. Management was lacking and constant turn-over made continued employment challenging.
Community Based Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 24, 2017
Home based mental health work can be very rewarding with a flexible schedule and the ability to self-motivate and grow in therapeutic development. The director and higher level management team caused increased feelings of anxiety and focused a great deal of time on productivity and contact hours. Home based mental health can be a very isolating culture if effort is not made to prioritize office based setting work. The hardest part of the job was higher level management and the most enjoyable was the clients and kind-hearted co-workers.
High stress, toxic work environment environment.
Case Manager, Foster Care Program (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHMarch 16, 2017
A typical day involved driving all over the Cleveland are- in some of the worst, most dangerous areas, only to come home late and spend the rest of the evening taking crisis calls and documenting on the computer. This work applied to my weekends as well which were virtually taken up by work. The stress was ridiculous. The supervision was poor. The environment was un-supportive.
Case Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 30, 2017
This internship was fun and educational. I carried my own caseload so that it was very challenging but I was productive. I really liked my supervisor but feel that I could have used more training. The most enjoyable part of the job was actually working with the youth and seeing an improvement.
Pros
Working indepently and being successful.
Cons
I did not have an adequate caseload. The family arguments.
Very goal oriented organization
Youth Mentor (Current Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 26, 2017
I am able to impact the lives of Juveniles, hopefully in a positive way. There are many young people in need of adult supervision and emotional support.
great place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 20, 2016
I absolutely love this company, unfortunately they were going in a different direction and downsized my department. I do not have anything bad to say about this place other than the fact they decided to keep two new employees other than ones that had been with them for a long period of time.
Pros
freedom of schedule
Cons
compensation
Great place to work!
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 15, 2016
The pay isn't great but the company is amazing. Some things you can't put a price tag on. I love where I work and the people I serve!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay
Job is for tough minded only
Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Berea, OHOctober 8, 2016
A great establishment and very active, upbeat environment. Sometimes the days are long and hard. You can't be weak minded in this field of work dealing with troubled youth with criminal or mental issues isn't for you if you are not tough minded. Very rewarding if job is done correctly. You'll need much patience, mental stamina and team oriented mind to succeed here.
Pros
Fun activities with residents
Cons
It an easy job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OhioGuidestone. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9