OhioGuidestone Employee Review

View all OhioGuidestone reviews

No job security
Residential Advocate (Former Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHMarch 4, 2014
Ohioguidestone was not the problem. But they did not look at why there was so much turn around in employees at Harbor House in New Philadelphia. Management was very poor and questionable in their practices with staff and clients. Most of the management has changed but the real problem is still there. If you want to work there don't let your resume get cold as you will not be there long. Average about one firing a month in the course of a year. Treats staff like they are stupid and expects them to know everything without telling them. Not a place that seems to want clients to recover from drugs and/or alcohol.
Pros
Benefits
Cons
Unusally high staff turn over, Management style and treatment of staff, General lack of the feeling of care for clients by management.

Other OhioGuidestone Employee Reviews

I enjoy my job working with children and family
QUALITY MENTAL HEALTH (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 30, 2018
A typical day is great as long as their is not a crises, I normally meet with client at the school doing their lunch not interfere with their class work. Sometime I might see client on the weekend in the community
great place to work
Youth Mentor (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 30, 2018
Guidestone was amazing however for the amount of travel and workyou must put in the pay was not substantial. Startting new roles and new horizons is tough but I believe they will make it.
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OhioGuidestone. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.7

2.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight