OhioHealth Employee Reviews

Glad to be elsewhere
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Riverside, Columbus, OHDecember 7, 2018
Glad I'm gone. No way I'd work there again. Benefits were pretty good for healthcare, and they were pretty good with pay scale. My manager was a nice person, but favored employees who ghosted their jobs (took credit for others work, and appeared good). Manager also promised work from home, but refused to give work from home in bad weather, then herself took work from home time. Really frustrating! Team was okay, but the zombies rule there, people aren't encouraged to dig deep for answers, but rather just maintain status quo. Some employees spend their days watching youtube videos. Meetings are held and no one says anything because all ideas are shot down. Quality of work life has zero meaning there. No sense of team, or community. They also hire the fresh college grad to run whole departments and they have no management skills. So they make bad decisions. Instead of helping them, they promote them. So now some other department is screwed. Even if you have great experience for a role and ask for a chance to discuss the position, you can't get an interview. They favor their pals only, even if it means failure for whole departments. Then they wonder why people leave? Please. And the top 100 place to work thing is hilarious. The employees face long meetings, additional work, and tedious meaningless follow up one on ones with managers if they don't vote positively, so the employees all laugh about it and just vote for it so they don't have to have more meetings.
Pros
Nice pay, decent benefits for healthcare.
Cons
Very columbus focused, don't care about employees unless they march lockstep with management. Tons of politics.
Gaining No Experience
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 3, 2018
Great place for someone who needs a little job or a first time job. Does not give a living wage and you will not gain any meaningful experience to utilize outside of the company. Health benefits are not affordable for singles.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Short lunch break, under paid, lack of training, lack of diversity
Culture is changing
HR Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 5, 2018
Culture has changed over the last several years. Has become extremely political and at times cut throat in corporate. Patient care is exceptional. Great place to work for clinical staff.
Pros
Exceptional healthcare
Cons
Leadership
My time at OhioHealth took me places Id not imagined - a great work experience
Oncology Nurse Navigator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 27, 2018
It has been my honor to work here among others who share the value and mission to improve the health of those we serve.People care here and if they don't they leave. It is the expectation.
Great company to work for
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 24, 2018
One of the things you won't find on rating scales is how much the corporate motto and statement are truly meant. At OhioHealth, people are asked to treat each other with respect and dignity and you can see it in action just walking in the door.

OhioHealth is restructuring and undergoing major revisions in work flows and tools used. It is positioning itself to switch from fee for service to customer value and is doing it correctly. I would expect OhioHealth to be a strong contender in the Health Care market for some time to come.
Great Supervisor, loved being at Riverside Hospital for meetings
Marketing Liaison / Director of Social Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 8, 2018
Great company
Treated employees well
offered many perks for outside of work events
family first attitude
mileage reimbursed
Did sales and Social Work combined
Pros
Supervisor, did Social Work and sales
Cons
Contractual so job security dependent
N/a
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 7, 2018
Awesome company, great culture, good people and leaders. Advancement opportunities, great benefits and active lifestyle employer. Keeps growing and striving to serve the communities around them!
Actual job was fantastic, management is terrible
Technical Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 26, 2018
After being with Ohiohealth for over 10 months, still not provided with full-time, instead hired OUTSIDE for full-time replacements.
Many employees have left because issues with refusing to schedule and then being treated poorly when denying to cover shifts during call offs.

Once I put in my two weeks (because I found another job that would provide me with full-time hours), I was promptly removed from the schedule and treated horribly by management.
Pros
Nice benefits
Cons
Management/supervising is awful, no opportunity for advancement, favortism
Awesome place of employment
REGISTER ART THERAPIST (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 25, 2018
I truly enjoyed working at OhioHealth for nearly 15 years. I only resigned to relocate to Colorado with my family. In a typical day, I connected with medical patients in a creative manner within Arts in Medicine. I learned a variety of medical and cultural applications to better my practice. The workplace culture is very supportive and helpful. The hardest part of my job was dealing with death and dying: it's difficuly and sad. The most enjoyable part of my job: working as a team to better ourselves and our patients.
Pros
medical milleu helpful supportive to all
Cons
paygrade can max out after an exstensive period of employment
Best Place to Work
Senior Organizational Effectiveness Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 18, 2018
I loved my time at OhioHealth. They truly lived up to living their corporate values which reflects in receiving the "Best Place to Work" award several years in a row. It was collaborative, leadership was effective and demonstrated the values of caring and compassion in their leadership.
Pros
Pay, benefits and organizational culture
Cons
Hiring appeared to be largely external with little room for internal advancement
OhioHealth
Patient Account Rep (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHSeptember 5, 2018
Working in the OhioHealth Rev Cycle Billing is definitely a experience. We talk to attorneys, insurance companies, patients, and other providers. We are the catch all for all other departments. The call center environment is not a bad place to work the people here are very nice and very helpful, we definitely operate as a team. The downside to it all is that I don't believe our heavy workflow compensates with pay.
Pros
Bonus Check once a year.
Cons
short lunch, low pay
love my job
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHAugust 28, 2018
I work contingent, absolutely love my job. Management and drama, so so. The work is something that I like to do, clean. You aren't hassled, just come in, do your work, and everything is good.
Pros
contingent, I work when I am available
Cons
drama
A very busy place and hard working employees
Nursing Assistant/PSA (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 23, 2018
Patient load per aide or nurse is very high. Very busy as always. Unable to get uninterrupted lunch and sometimes no lunch. Management is always demanding and checking your work behind you. It’s a very good place to learn.
Fun work place
Tla (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 18, 2018
Job security, all around good work atmosphere to be in. Enjoyed meeting new people and patients. All around great companionship with other employees and staff.
Pros
Staff
OhioHealth
Administrative Executive Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 17, 2018
Great place to network and grow..I appreciate the opportunities for growth and development you have provided during my tenure. I have been guidance and supported throughout my wonderful career
Pros
Great place to network and grow
Poor management and culture
Surgery (Former Employee) –  Grant Medical Center SurgeryAugust 16, 2018
Management has poor leadership skill-set yielding poor culture and negative atmosphere which undermines the culture of safety. Solutions are given but management doesn't implement.
Pros
Some great people
Cons
Poor culture and management. No development.
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Shelby, OHAugust 13, 2018
Ohiohealth is great place to work with lots of oppurtunity for advancement

Great Benefits if working full time /part time and compenstation is fare.

Assignment for med/ surg floor was 5 patients to 1.
Pros
smaller hospital
Cons
census changing and getting floated to other facility
Fast paced environment
Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) CE (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 12, 2018
My co-workers are helpful and knowledgeable. We are close and spend time together outside of the workplace setting.
The workplace environment is very fast paced with many responsibilities.There is not enough time to complete off-bench duties due to high bench-work demands.
Unfortunately the laboratory is chronically short staffed.
Pros
free parking
Cons
short staffing
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 5, 2018
The company is very supportive of diversity and inclusion. OhioHealth makes attempts to listen to staff and develop benefits to fit most of the employees. It honors staff with celebration events.
Great Advancement Opportunities
Coonsultant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 24, 2018
I have worked at OhioHealth for approximately 8 years and have advanced 4 times. Leadership are focused on Work-Life Balance and developing associates.
Pros
Advancement Opportunities, Associate Development, Work-Life Balance
Cons
Benefits are average

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OhioHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight