OhioHealth Employee Reviews

A great internship
Intern (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHFebruary 7, 2019
I learned a lot of valuable lessons during my internship with OhioHealth home care. I would recommend it to anybody that is trying to gain employment in the health care field.
Management is the downfall of the department
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHFebruary 7, 2019
The workers are great but the management is horrible! Very unprofessional no confidentiality at all . She is very spiteful and will go after you if you question her or make her mad. Staff is definitely beaten down from her to where it effects the whole moral of the department. Very shocked she is still in her position with everything she has done to employees and previous employees. Could be a great department if it wasn’t for management and upper management being blind to what is going on !
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Very very bad management
Great company for health professionals
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 3, 2019
I feel the health professionals are incredible. I’m going thru breast cancer and they are wonderful. I feel they are taking very good care of me thank you
Pros
Great health professionals
Cons
No training
I would be greatful to work their again .
MORNING,AND EVENING grill cook (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 29, 2019
WHEN I worked their years ago it was agreat place to working and retire from .I am looking forward to working their once again . THE JOBS ARE GREAT!
RN / Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 27, 2019
High quality of patient care. Dedicated staff. Good learning opportunities and good team work among co-workers. High personal satisfaction from delivering quality care that helps the physicians diagnose and treat effectively.
Excellent benefits, Yearly raise and bonus
Physician Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 26, 2019
A typical day is busy, demanding, and often stressful but also satisfying because I know that doing my job well helps provide excellent patient care.

In my position there is little room for advancement and continuous downsizing makes that possibility even less.

In general, management has been sub-par due to poor communication, lack of support, and lack of consistency, especially with maintaining and promoting a positive workplace culture.

The hardest part of my job is keeping up with the demands and the most enjoyable is being part of a team that even though we are 'behind the scene', our work still effects patient car.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Raises are not merit based
Horrible Manager
Facilities Specialist 1 (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH Riverside HospitalJanuary 26, 2019
For anyone that gets hired on the grounds crew at Riverside I would think twice. Lies will be told about you to the higher up management and they will ultimately terminate you for some bulls*** reason. This was by far the words experience I have ever had with management.
great team work between coworkers
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 18, 2019
even though the benefits at OhioHealth are less than desirable, the workplace is overflowing with comradery. The hours and coworkers were flexible with scheduling allowing me to complete schooling for nursing.
Opportunity for Improvement
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 17, 2019
Average employee lives company mission + vision
Nurses are patient focused
Average employee struggles to feel valued and appreciated
Staffing levels need to be reviewed
Pros
Mission / Vision
Cons
Executive Management
Could Be Better
Former member (Former Employee) –  Athens, OH 45701January 15, 2019
Understaffed, stressful work environment, certain area's are fantastic where others I would rather travel an extra hour in agony than go there. Orthopedics is worth every penny.
Summary
IS Project Manager- Applications Solutions (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 12, 2019
I had a horrible Manager, he never provided help and was always ready to listen to others and not you. We were always defending ourselves. He also had favorites.
Pros
not sure
Cons
good employees
Registrar typical day
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 10, 2019
Work along side nurses and physicians. Coworkers are helpful and work as a team. The emergency rooms are fast paced, therefore you learn time management skills. You collect co-pays from patients and run insurance to make sure its eligible.
Terrible company to work for - hires young inexperience managers
Practice Administrator and Service Line Director (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJanuary 2, 2019
OhioHealth hires young inexperienced managers and allows managers to hire friends with no experience into management roles creating a clique culture leaving employees blocked from upward mobility and experience applicants only option to sue OhioHealth to get the job they were more qualified for. Complaints to EEOC should be numerous.
Pros
Cons
Management young and inexperienced.
Great company
Risk Manager RN (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 27, 2018
Really cares about what they do. Business to care for patients and provide excellent care to patients. Ability to be promoted is available Lots of long term staff .
Management favoritism
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHDecember 27, 2018
My experience within they department in which I worked there was a lot of favoritism shown to a specific associate who would keep watch on all the other employees to see if there were any mistakes or any mishaps that she could run back to our manager with to report to make sure that those specific people would get into trouble. Our manager also had a really nasty habit of telling HR one thing about a situation and leaving out key details making us look like we as employees were incompetent. No matter how much you would prove and or fight HR would always side with management because god forbid they look like they made an error. Good Luck to the next person who has to work for this department!!!
Fast paced, fast growing health care facility
Manager of EVS (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 21, 2018
A typical day included all department operations of the department. I learned many leadership skills.
Management is constantly growing
Workplace culture - great place to work
The hardest part of the job was termination of associates.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my team.
Fast pace
Phlebotomist (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 19, 2018
Being able to work with different populations was a great experience from the norm of a doctor's office setting. Having patient looking forward to seeing you, chat, put a smile on their face, as well as them putting a smile on your face has been humbling.
Pros
pay, hours
Cons
growth
Working for OhioHealth
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Marion, OHDecember 19, 2018
Working for Ohio Health was great except for the career advancement opportunities. They claim to promote from within, then fill positions with friends from outside the company
Glad to be elsewhere
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Riverside, Columbus, OHDecember 7, 2018
Glad I'm gone. No way I'd work there again. Benefits were pretty good for healthcare, and they were pretty good with pay scale. My manager was a nice person, but favored employees who ghosted their jobs (took credit for others work, and appeared good). Manager also promised work from home, but refused to give work from home in bad weather, then herself took work from home time. Really frustrating! Team was okay, but the zombies rule there, people aren't encouraged to dig deep for answers, but rather just maintain status quo. Some employees spend their days watching youtube videos. Meetings are held and no one says anything because all ideas are shot down. Quality of work life has zero meaning there. No sense of team, or community. They also hire the fresh college grad to run whole departments and they have no management skills. So they make bad decisions. Instead of helping them, they promote them. So now some other department is screwed. Even if you have great experience for a role and ask for a chance to discuss the position, you can't get an interview. They favor their pals only, even if it means failure for whole departments. Then they wonder why people leave? Please. And the top 100 place to work thing is hilarious. The employees face long meetings, additional work, and tedious meaningless follow up one on ones with managers if they don't vote positively, so the employees all laugh about it and just vote for it so they don't have to have more meetings.
Pros
Nice pay, decent benefits for healthcare.
Cons
Very columbus focused, don't care about employees unless they march lockstep with management. Tons of politics.
Gaining No Experience
Office Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 3, 2018
Great place for someone who needs a little job or a first time job. Does not give a living wage and you will not gain any meaningful experience to utilize outside of the company. Health benefits are not affordable for singles.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
Short lunch break, under paid, lack of training, lack of diversity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OhioHealth. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight