OhioHealth Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 18, 2018
was a very fun and good place to work. The workers are so friendly and the patient were so wonderful. everything is just great about the place.I would strongly recommended people there.
Team Oriented Company
Sr. Business Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 16, 2018
Since working for OhioHealth I have enjoyed the benefit of learning new skills on the job. I like that OhioHealth provides development courses for free to help you advance your career. I like how management can be your biggest cheerleaders. I think OhioHealth is going towards a more innovative direction which is awesome.
Pros
Development courses, Pay Rate, Discounts, Employee Inspire Program
Cons
Not enough positions open for the direction I want to go in.
Accountant for 9 years
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 14, 2018
Was a great place to work, I liked the corporate setting. Ohio Health bought out Grady Hospital where I worked for 7 years. Was hard to change from a homey environment to a aesthetic environment.
Pros
Job duties
Cons
Lack of commitment to employees
Ohiohealth
Safety Aide/Patient Companion (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 12, 2018
Great place to work, co-workers are helpful and informed
they always find a way to get it done; really admirable how ohiohealth always see projects through from conception to completion. Always speaking up in team meetings and providing a unique perspective; as well as strengthening our culture does not go unnoticed. Even when it gets tough, people continue to have the best attitude!
Pros
teamwork
Cons
short breaks
Need more mgmt support
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 5, 2018
Good place to work; need more interaction with leadership. Only facetime is if there's an issue~ need times to be seen and know that we are doing a good job~ especially considering the work/home life balance seems to be tilted of late.
Pros
Pay, Compensations
Cons
Lessened Mgmt Support; More with less
Good
Volunteer Hospital Aid (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 3, 2018
Great place to work. People are very nice. Very welcoming atmosphere. Everyone is very helpful and willing to take the time to help you learn and understand operations.
variety
Exercise Physiologist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 27, 2018
Within Ohio Health, there are many different avenues to work in. The managers value experience and credentials and they only hire the brightest and best. Employees are kind and considerate and it has been a good experience. The drive is far for me though and I am spending more hours in the car, than actually working for them without compensation.
Love this place!!!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHMay 24, 2018
This company has been wonderful! I worked for them for 5 years and would still be there if didn’t move away!! I took a travel assignment with them last year and still loved it!!!
Financially stable
System Vice President, Regional Development (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 21, 2018
Financially stable organization focused on satisfaction of front line staff and patients. Middle managers sometimes are challenged to develop to the next level.
Pros
Good bonus program
Cons
Too focused on financials
total waste of time
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHMay 21, 2018
Did not help me get another job with Ohiohealth because I had to use FMLA. I know more about medical assisting than almost any other person. I've been doing it for 30 years. There is no one who is better suited for the jobs that I've applied for at OhioHealth.
Pros
pay
Cons
no help with getting another position
Great place to work and many opportunities for advancement.
Electronic Imaging Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 13, 2018
OhioHealth cares about their employees. This corporation goes above and beyond to meet their employees needs. Definitely would recommend company to a friend.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Not a lot of management contact.
overall I would recommend
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 26, 2018
Overall, I would recommend OhioHealth. The current changes that are taking place are supposed to be a benefit to our patients, however the upper level management fails to recognize that the changes are in fact negatively impacting the care we can provide.
Good culture and scope of work
Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 17, 2018
I absolutely love the scope I work I focus on and enjoy the people I work with as well as the flexible office policy. I travel quite a bit, so being able to work from home as needed is great!
Pros
Good culture
Cons
benefits package declining over time
Great job, great location, great compant
Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Newark, OHApril 17, 2018
As an Athletic Trainer for OhioHealth, my typical day consists of prepping for practice or game, along with any paperwork that needs done ahead of time, followed by practice where I monitor the athletes and address any that need something. I will also occasionally speak to the athletes on health matters, ranging from nutrition, to injuries, to sleep. Following the practice or game, I will be sure that all the athletes needs have been met before checking with the coaches for any final needs, and leaving. I've learned to multitask very well from this job, while also having grown in my ability to communicate with all people that I could come into contact with on a daily basis. It is great working with the student-athletes and coaches on a regular basis and watch the kids grow into young adults.
Pros
great work environment, good pay
Cons
irregular hours, occasional poor working conditions
Great company culture, yet understaffed
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  RMHApril 16, 2018
Great company culture, yet most areas understaffed compared to demand.
Numerous benefits to use and self-care is promoted... though workload often gets in the way of this.
Company leadership is very invested in improving the organization, but with an organization this large, the changes can take a while to manifest.
Pros
Programming, Dental, Concierge service, Decent yearly raises, Employee Assistance Program, Many positions of advancement available
Cons
Often understaffed
Stressful
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHApril 15, 2018
Hospital was acquired by OhioHealth and they were centralizing the finance function to Columbus, OH. They do not have CFOs in the facilities. No future there so I left.
Patient Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 14, 2018
I worked at OhioHealth in the mid 1990's and again from 2004-2008. I enjoyed my working experience at this location and I have applied to positions in order to go back to OhioHealth. I really learned a lot working in the areas where I was employed, and I have been able to take these skills on to my current position. I cannot give information regarding workplace culture. There was really no hard part to a job, and the most enjoyable part of a job was when I worked as Medical Records Clerk at Grant Medical Center.
Pros
Flexiblity
Positive Team Environment
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 6, 2018
The workplace culture was one of a positive team environment. It was great not being micromanaged and suggesstions were often welcomed. Being a part of the OhioHealth team brings about a feeling of proudness.
Negative, hostile atmosphere
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kobacker HouseMarch 29, 2018
One potential employee who shadowed at Kobacker referred to it as "toxic" and stated she would never work there. Management is clueless. Lots of favoritism. They will lie about you to prevent you from advancing if you aren't one of their preferred. I was forced out and not even considered for an advancement- despite multiple commendations, a prism award, and a nomination for a second prism award. Their insurance benefits are costly and probably average coverage at best. It's the day versus night shift, new versus old staff type of hostile climate. Staffing ratios are unsafe and have led to sentinel events. I can't think of anything good to say, really.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
a day
Cook I (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 27, 2018
ON a day that you work you will work station and prep for that station a work in the cafe or at the pation line and it is slow but you keep busy. But it is great place to work.