OIC of South Florida Employee Reviews

HORRIBLE place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 4, 2018
I've only worked in a government setting before; therefore, this was the first time I've worked for a non-profit and this agency BY FAR is the worst agency and job I've ever had and worked. The agency as a whole is unprofessional and uncohesive. Every grant team pretty much stays to themselves and the drama in this office makes Atlanta Housewives look like saints. In the particular grant I worked in, there was an unwritten culture that you had to work excessive hours into the late night to get the job done. Additionally, the immediate supervisor never hesitated to put his staff in compromising and uncomfortable situations of conducting home visits.

The management team in place is less than mediocre, along with the HR department. I filed a formal HR complain against my immediate supervisor and instead of immediately moving me they kept me there to deal with the toxicity and unprofessional demeanor of my supervisor. I was not protected nor did I feel that OIC took my complaints seriously. Therefore, I decided to leave because each and every member who did nothing, perpetuated and condone this treatment which was completely unacceptable.

DO NOT WORK AT OIC!
Cons
Management, leadership, benefits, pay
Doormat
Educator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 2, 2018
You have to be a doormat in order to be liked or advance in any fashion.Very unorganized work place, and poor working conditions. The place is a dump.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
People are fake
Great Organization
Intake Specialist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLFebruary 22, 2018
Great organization to work with. Worked there for 11 yeas and is a very family oriented business. Great for start in a small business. Great institution to climb the ladder and with possibility of a management position in a short term, if a Master or a PhD.
regular office in the neighborhood
(www.oicsfl.org) ADMINSTRATIVE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Oakland Park, FLMay 30, 2017
Come to work, do what needs to be done and helped where ever is needed.

No comment about workplace culture

Oic is a great community organization and they have awesome input in the community with the youth, underemployed and ex-felons.
Pros
I had one amazing Director
Cons
No room for advancement
Worker
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 28, 2017
Its a nice environment all my coworkers are fun an easy to get along with. My boss is eay going he has amazing people skills an i would recommend everyone to oic of south Florida
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
15 minute breaks
Very Helpful Program for failing high school Students
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJanuary 6, 2017
The Oic program was a great experience for me i got to meet new kids who were failing in school & i got to meet kids who were very smart in certain areas .
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long Working Periods
Bad Management
Finance & Administration Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 19, 2015
It is unorganized from the top to the bottom. I hate how I was never given a bathroom key so I had to use the general key that EVERYONE else used. However, the community benefits from this organization so that made me work hard on the job. I felt that thousand was depending on me to improve their lives.
Pros
Flexible with schedule
Cons
Unorganized
Oic
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 27, 2014
OIC is a good comapany that helps kids strive for excellence. even though i did custodial work and classroom assistance i learned that these kids have been striving to be the best at OIC.