Oil States International Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Isolation
Field serive tech (Former Employee) –  NortheastMarch 10, 2018
Would not recommend anyone to work here if you have a family if your single and want to make some “some” money ok might be alright but for what they want you to do it is way under pay also good place to work if you love drama because most of what I seen in my years there was drama for being such a big company it is ran like a mom and pop shop where left hand doesn’t know what right hand is doing also if you love new rules and SOP every week or two a great place for that they say one thing then a week later want you to do it this way
Pros
Easy work if your lazy
Cons
Pay, management, co workers
Enjoyed Oil States
Division Controller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2018
As Division Controller reporting to CFO, responsible for leading Accounting department and supervising 6 direct reports. Oversaw the development of reporting/analysis package and Sarbanes-Oxley Act internal control/audit compliance. Reviewed analyses of activities, costs, and operations data to determine division progress toward stated goals.
• Implemented MAPICS business, inventory management, and cost system.
• Consolidated one business unit with 3 locations into one for $2M annual savings.
Short breaks, they expect you to work 60+ hours a week and get mad when you have to take a day off to handle affairs in the real world.
Trimmer (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 8, 2018
I would not recommend this place as a permanent job unless you don't mind only being home 2 hrs a day, never seeing your family, don't mind others raising your kids because you don't have time to, don't mind that the pay is way under what it should be for the amount of work they expect from you, with constant changing rules (daily)
Pros
There are no pros for being an employee at this company
Cons
Poor pay, extremely long hours, really poor management
Good place to work if you don't mind working 60 plus hours a week
CNC Lathe Operator (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 4, 2018
Hours are 5 to 5 in most areas of the company. Sometimes you have to work 72 hours in a week. Pay is okay and you can have a lot of vacation time. There is a good benefit package in line as well as 401k.
Pros
Friendly workplace with good benefits
Cons
Long hours and very repetitive work
Bien
Worker (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJanuary 8, 2018
Hay trabaje hace tiempo solo que no me gustava el orario
Disapointing
Fabrication Specialist (Former Employee) –  United KingdomJanuary 3, 2018
At the interview oilstates sound fantastic, but once they hook you in it becomes a race to the bottom, management leave alot to be desired and there seems to be no definitive direction or leadership in the company and career progression is hard to obtain, lots off internal politics and backstabbing at middle management level, but the co workers are ok, feel very disappointed with the company over all and the lack off professionalism and felt I was undervalued and underpaid, hence I chose to leave, and doubled my pay elsewhere, definitely would not recommend.
pleasant work environment and competitive pay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXDecember 14, 2017
I very much enjoyed working for this company. The pay was competitive and the benefits were amazing and at great prices. The coworkers were very easy to get along with, friendly, helpful and informative.
Typical Day
Multiple Positions (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2017
Typical day consisted of fixing tools purchasing items while I was in the tool room

Typical day consisted of calibrating tools and rebuilding offshore tooling, making high pressure hoses and welding
Pros
people i was working with
Cons
getting laid off
Managment is inexperienced
not an but kisser (Former Employee) –  Watsontown, PASeptember 30, 2017
People I worked with were great, very large company. Managment is inexperienced at what they do and show alot of favortism to friends. this is at the Watsontown, Pa facility. other facilities may be different. No matter how good you are at your job or what you do, the company don't really give a s**it about you !!!!!!!!!
Pros
Good company if you are a but kisser
Cons
You half to be a brown noser to get any where
Great company
ITSM SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 20, 2017
Allows advancement for employees. Hard working managers support their employees. Great benefits for all employees. A strong budget for the IT department.

Want to know more about Oil States International?

Ask a question
Good pay but no life
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 11, 2017
This is an overall good place to work. I didn't like the fact that it utterly consumed my life. Some of the managers especially the upper management need lesson of compassion.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
work hours and training
Family friendly
Designer I (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 11, 2017
Great company and great group of people. Sadly they are laying off a lot of individuals. The opportunity for growth within your field is limited to none.
prdeful company
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 3, 2017
Quality is very important.
fast paced
company picnics
good retirement plans
Good Place To work
Manual Machinist (Former Employee) –  HoustonFebruary 4, 2017
I was a manual machinist and really enjoyed working here for 20+ years. I enjoyed working with all people and management was very attentive.
fun place to work
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 3, 2017
I was very happy working there. The work wasn't very hard to handle. I enjoyed the people that I worked with. I sat and watched movies at my machine.
Great learning experience and good people to work with.
Field Service Technician III (Former Employee) –  Kilgore, TXJanuary 16, 2017
I learned a lot working here and the more I learned the more I was respected and treated very nicely, The hours kept me on the road a lot but the managers were lenient and understood that I had children so they tried to keep me close to home whenever possible, and if you needed time off it was given without question. Overall a great place to work and great people to work with.
Pros
Good pay great people
Cons
No schedule
free breakfast,lunch picnic with the familys. seafoood boils,
Manyfacturing Coordinator/Warehouse III (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 3, 2017
Oil States is very productive and rewarding to work their. I was given opportunity to better byself in the daily operations.Oil States was committed with the safety and attitudes of the employes. I felt like a family member.
Oil States gave employees free lunches and if you had to work late on a special project they would have food available also.
We also had a daily safety program that a employee from different departments would walk the complex looking for safety issues. I enjoyed the work and people I met at Oil States.
Pros
healthfairs, flu shoots, discounts on safety shoes
Don't work here
Oklahoma (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 7, 2016
I had to leave this company because of people putting other people's life in danger by not doing their job correctly. Along with being under the influence of drugs while working.
Pros
They paid good
Cons
Safety
Cool place
Warehouseman II (Former Employee) –  Houma, LANovember 10, 2016
This company makes you feel like a family from day one. The warehouse is that department I work in. We stay busy and work makes you feel like you're really making a difference.
Cons
Technical Support Analyst \ Network Tech (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2016
Great IT management and wonderful place to work, I really enjoyed working with the users and the IT team. Benefits were great and upper management was fantastic.