OKLAHOMA CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Review

View all OKLAHOMA CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS reviews

Enjoyed working with children.
TMR Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 4, 2013
In a typical day I assisted the lead teacher, working one on one with developmentally disabled children, helping them learn the basic life and education skills. I learned to understand that everyone is special and has a unique personality. I didn't always agree with managment decisions but respected them. My co-workers were great people to work with because of their passion for teaching and love for the children. The hardest part of my job was having to see such wonderful, happy children struggle with their disabilities, but the most enjoyable part of the job was witnessing the childrens success.
Pros
Children, Education, Co-workers
Cons
Pay, Healthcare, and Management

Other OKLAHOMA CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

Great Career
Elementary Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 16, 2018
The hours compared to compensation were inadequate at times, because of deadlines and the endless reports required. However, because of the students and their love of learning and my love for them, it was a great experience. I would recommend this job or career to anyone. I miss it everyday.
Pros
Students
Cons
Compensation and endless reports and testing!!
the PTO and insurance are why people stay
Specialist (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKApril 10, 2018
Depending on what dept you work in, the days could be stressful or pretty lax. Most of the people with the stressful jobs are doing triple the work of those with the relaxed jobs not putting in much effort to cover what needs to be done. And the pay that some directors and leadership management get here is way more than you would expect while the people that get all the day to day work dumped on them get paid well below average. They do not work with you if you try and continue your education unless you are a teacher that qualifies within a certain grant like special ed... If you complete a degree while employed you will not be compensated nor promoted unless there is a vacant position you apply for and somehow get hired for. If you are hired in as a director or other executive level then you're all good, but if not expect there to be a communication barrier where your voice will not be heard. Even making an official complaint to HR dept does not give you a voice. The PTO and Insurance allowances are great, and I have heard stories of this once having been a great place to work but it has since turned into something not as pleasant.
Pros
PTO and insurance
Cons
Everything else!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OKLAHOMA CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS. Our community is ready to answer.

OKLAHOMA CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS Reviews by Location