Oklahoma State University Employee Review

View all Oklahoma State University reviews

The best tenure and learning experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Department of Mechanical EnigneeringSeptember 26, 2013
As a Research Assistant in my master’s degree, I carried out wear analysis of nanostructured 9Cr steel for hybrid roller contact bearings. The wear life of bearing was improved 10 times than the existing steel. In my tenure as a Lab Assistant for 2 years, I trained over 400 students in laboratory in mechanical testing, surface preparation for metallographic analysis, and root cause failure analysis of automotive and aerospace parts. As a part of my job I also conducted lectures on fundamental topics of Materials Science including role of materials and their properties in mechanical product design that helped me improve my technical, interpersonal and mass communication skills. I have set up new lab equipment, and was part of a lab maintenance team. I developed a strong ability to analyze and interpret the test data as well as evaluate the reports on materials testing.

Other Oklahoma State University Employee Reviews

positive review
Student Technician (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 13, 2018
A good workplace, The most enjoyable part of job was working in team, completing daily work schedule and at the end of the day enjoying / discussing work done
Overall a great place to work
Administration Support Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 13, 2018
arrive early to get he job done. Stay late if there are events going on.OSU is a very friendly place to work along with the students and faculty. You get the skills here at OSU.