Oklahoma Surgical Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Happy place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 10, 2018
Busy days , post surgical care , great managment, cool co- workers, hard part of job getting break , patients and family very nice . Nurses help too
Pros
Busy
Cons
Equipment
lots of nice people
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 20, 2018
this is a small hospital but the people are very nice and always interested in your life and helping in any way that they possibly ever could. great place
review
Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 30, 2017
amazing staff, and a great place to work. very flexible and willing to work with your schedule. everyone helps everyone to see that the job gets done in a timely fashion
Interesting
CENTRAL STERILE TECH (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 15, 2017
Working as a Central Sterile Tech was interesting and challenging. If there was better management in place I probably would have stayed. Its hard to work under poor management and be productive.
Pros
Learning something new
Cons
Dissention in the ranks
LOVED working here
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 20, 2017
I loved working at OSH! It was stressful, but enjoyable. The most enjoyable part was the fact that they are ALL about he patient, and made improvements in processes to make things better for all patients.
Pros
Patient Oreinted
Cons
short breaks
Changed names since then
Business Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa County, OKOctober 18, 2017
Working there was great, but they continued to change names and physicians. Tough on staff. Lots of great friends there, also. Great hours. Wish they were still there.
Friendly staff
Impatient Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 17, 2017
The staff is very friendly. Everyone is upbeat. The nurses really care about the patients. I left this job because there were not enough duties to keep me busy.
Pros
Friendly staff, pleasant atmosphere
Cons
Low pay; not enough duties for this position
Amazing place to work
Imaging Department Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 2, 2017
Highly recommend this facility for many reasons.
It is mostly OP's.
The upper management was excellent to with.
The culture is physician owned with the highest expectations.
The worst part was being a salaried mgr and not getting paid to be in the regular on-call rotation with the staff MRI techs.
All of it was enjoyable.
Pros
The Culture - highest quality, accountability.
Cons
50 min drive from my house
fun
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 27, 2017
It was I nice place to work for really friendly and caring I would say yes its a great place to work with fun people. everyone is really friendly two thumbs up!
Fast-paced work but really caters to the patient
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 18, 2017
Great job with the capability to learn far beyond the scope of current practice. Great staff and wonderful people to work around. Fair compensation for your work and willing to work with you on many things and help you grow in the company.
OK place to work
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 5, 2017
Fast paced work environment for a skilled RN with previous experience and excellent time management skills. Must be able to adapt to a challenging work environment with very little pharmacy support.
Oklahoma surgical hospital is medium pay at entry level and they do award a quarterly bonus to employees who meet certain attendance and performance requirements.
The staffing ratio is one of the best around town however, it is possible to care for a nurse to have 8 patients at times.
Call light times are very short with most calls being answered in less than 5 minutes.
As a five star facility the staff nurse can be proud of the quality care provided to each patient and family member.
Osh
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 12, 2017
Very busy work environment. The staff is very knowledgeable about orthopedics. This is a good place to work, and the quarterly bonuses were very nice.
Stayed busy
HIM Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 13, 2017
A typical day is staying busy the moment you clock in. Had the opportunity to cross train. Work place is great and people are friendly. The hardest part is finding space for records. The most enjoyable is being able to cross train.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Good place to work for Benefits but no opportunity for advancement.
Scheduler Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ImagingDecember 31, 2016
Too many Managers and Supervisors. Work with 5 people 1 Overall Manager; 2 Supervisors, that leaves me with 1 other person to actually do the work. Does not like when we take time off.
Pros
Good Benefits; Quartley Bonus
Cons
No advancement opportunities.
Active and busy facility with busy surgery schedule with future plans for expansion of services/
CCO/CNO (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 30, 2016
This facility does as many surgeries as a 350 - 400 bed facility. Currently in the process of developing new service lines. My day is busy visiting all the units, identifying or addressing issues. The staff is great to work with. The hardest part of the job is communicating all changes, issues, and happenings, large or small, to my CEO in the fastest, most efficient manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is to identify areas for improvement, make and act on that plan and watch the expected outcomes come to fruition. The staff are the favorite part of my job. I enjoy building relations with staff and physicians.
Pros
Bonus plan for all employees
Company theme party's where fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 9, 2016
Easy going job friendly people who really care about there patients.
I have learned how to be kind, cordial, and professional.
Best management in the world.
Co-workers were about the same as any other job.
This job was not hard at all.
Very interesting internship!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 14, 2016
I learned a lot from this internship. Being in the operation room taught me a lot about surgery and working in a hospital. I loved getting to see the whole surgical process. There were breaks between surgeries so I had time to snack and what not!
Love it here!
Nursing (Current Employee) –  Nursing UnitAugust 18, 2016
I have been here a little over a year now. I came from a large health system in town and working at OSH is a completely different experience! Ever since I have been here every month they have found a reason to celebrate something, pass out goodies, have a cookout, something! As an employee, you really feel appreciated here. Also, we get a NICE quarterly bonus. Hospital week was a week long of nothing but activities, food, fun, and free stuff. It has been such a change of pace here, I love it! All areas of the hospital work together as a TEAM. It's just a great atmosphere. There's a reason you find almost nothing but good things about OSH when you search the Internet or ask around.
Productive and a fun place to work
Collection Clerk (Former Employee) –  Business OfficeAugust 8, 2016
I filled in for a Maternity Leave for 8 wks. I really enjoyed working here. I liked my work schedule & most of the things (duties) that I learned while I was there. Management & Co-Workers were very nice.
Pros
Lots of work parties, & they were a good company to work for
Cons
It was just a temporary job because the lady on Maternity leave was coming back
Awful
Service (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 11, 2016
Unfortunately, Oklahoma Surgical Hospital is not the best place to work. They are under staffed with the large volume of people coming in and out of the hospital. I have never worked anywhere where someone calls in almost everyday of the week. Management is virtually nonexistent. Therefore, when there are problems that need to be fixed, as far as scheduling,they sweep them under the rug. Oklahoma Surgical Hospital needs to find out that the more staff you have the better customer support you have. OSH try's to run like a hotel, but it's not even close.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
30 min breaks. Poor Management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oklahoma Surgical Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Oklahoma Surgical Hospital Reviews by Location