Oklahoma Surgical Hospital Employee Reviews

Guest Services-Family Reception (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 2, 2018
Escorting 70-100+ patients a day to surgery. Supporting their families while they waited. Liaison between surgeons and families. Good place to work. A few employees were always out sick and this over worked the rest of the team. Physically taxing job. The salary was okay for a second household income but not for a single person to support a household.
I enjoyed getting to know some families while they waited and Supporting them during very fearful times.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Dealing with unrealistic expectations
Poor work conditions
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 17, 2018
Bonuses aren't guaranteed and held over your head for every mistake you make. The Bls and acls classes are performed as a group. Nurse to pt ratio is 6:1 or higher. Be prepared to take a pay cut, pay is extremely low. I wouldn't send my enemy to work there. The sign-on bonus is offered because they have horrible turnover and are always short staffed.
Pros
I was employed there 7 years and I can't think of 1 good thing to say.
Cons
Poor management, micro manages, every pto request will go through the director before your manager can approve it.
Staff is very friendly
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 26, 2018
Nice hospital with friendly staff. Nurse to patient ratio is not always what was presented during job interview. Large turnover of staff in all areas.
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 5, 2018
Your coworkers are incredible, the staffing was a little unorthodox at time. The pay is not efficient but the ability to be flexible is great. The pay is cut because of potential bonuses, but there are so many factors that could potentially stop you from getting your bonuses so it doesn’t seem worth it to me.
Pros
Free lunch occasionally
Cons
Somewhat no breaks and sense of unorganized
surgical aide
Certified Nurse Aide (CAN) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 25, 2018
Was a great place to work. The pay was fair and the work load manageable. I was not required to work weekends and usually out by 5pm. The rates are computed based on an employee’s annual rate of basic pay.
Pros
great pay and doctors
the best place to work
LPN Field Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 15, 2018
Oklahoma surgical hospital was my first nursing job, I have worked here 2 different times and would return if they hired LPN's, I worked with seasoned nurses that took me under their wing and educated me on different procedures and techniques.
Pros
friendly educated staff
Cons
i liked everthing
Happy place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 10, 2018
Busy days , post surgical care , great managment, cool co- workers, hard part of job getting break , patients and family very nice . Nurses help too
Pros
Busy
Cons
Equipment
lots of nice people
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 20, 2018
this is a small hospital but the people are very nice and always interested in your life and helping in any way that they possibly ever could. great place
review
Nurse Tech (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 30, 2017
amazing staff, and a great place to work. very flexible and willing to work with your schedule. everyone helps everyone to see that the job gets done in a timely fashion
Interesting
CENTRAL STERILE TECH (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 15, 2017
Working as a Central Sterile Tech was interesting and challenging. If there was better management in place I probably would have stayed. Its hard to work under poor management and be productive.
Pros
Learning something new
Cons
Dissention in the ranks
LOVED working here
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 20, 2017
I loved working at OSH! It was stressful, but enjoyable. The most enjoyable part was the fact that they are ALL about he patient, and made improvements in processes to make things better for all patients.
Pros
Patient Oreinted
Cons
short breaks
Changed names since then
Business Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa County, OKOctober 18, 2017
Working there was great, but they continued to change names and physicians. Tough on staff. Lots of great friends there, also. Great hours. Wish they were still there.
Friendly staff
Impatient Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 17, 2017
The staff is very friendly. Everyone is upbeat. The nurses really care about the patients. I left this job because there were not enough duties to keep me busy.
Pros
Friendly staff, pleasant atmosphere
Cons
Low pay; not enough duties for this position
Amazing place to work
Imaging Department Clinical Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKSeptember 2, 2017
Highly recommend this facility for many reasons.
It is mostly OP's.
The upper management was excellent to with.
The culture is physician owned with the highest expectations.
The worst part was being a salaried mgr and not getting paid to be in the regular on-call rotation with the staff MRI techs.
All of it was enjoyable.
Pros
The Culture - highest quality, accountability.
Cons
50 min drive from my house
fun
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 27, 2017
It was I nice place to work for really friendly and caring I would say yes its a great place to work with fun people. everyone is really friendly two thumbs up!
Fast-paced work but really caters to the patient
Nurse Technician (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 18, 2017
Great job with the capability to learn far beyond the scope of current practice. Great staff and wonderful people to work around. Fair compensation for your work and willing to work with you on many things and help you grow in the company.
OK place to work
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 5, 2017
Fast paced work environment for a skilled RN with previous experience and excellent time management skills. Must be able to adapt to a challenging work environment with very little pharmacy support.
Oklahoma surgical hospital is medium pay at entry level and they do award a quarterly bonus to employees who meet certain attendance and performance requirements.
The staffing ratio is one of the best around town however, it is possible to care for a nurse to have 8 patients at times.
Call light times are very short with most calls being answered in less than 5 minutes.
As a five star facility the staff nurse can be proud of the quality care provided to each patient and family member.
Osh
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 12, 2017
Very busy work environment. The staff is very knowledgeable about orthopedics. This is a good place to work, and the quarterly bonuses were very nice.
Stayed busy
HIM Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 13, 2017
A typical day is staying busy the moment you clock in. Had the opportunity to cross train. Work place is great and people are friendly. The hardest part is finding space for records. The most enjoyable is being able to cross train.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Good place to work for Benefits but no opportunity for advancement.
Scheduler Coordinator (Current Employee) –  ImagingDecember 31, 2016
Too many Managers and Supervisors. Work with 5 people 1 Overall Manager; 2 Supervisors, that leaves me with 1 other person to actually do the work. Does not like when we take time off.
Pros
Good Benefits; Quartley Bonus
Cons
No advancement opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oklahoma Surgical Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about