Okta Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Web marketing
web (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 15, 2018
Be advised that fear, incompetent managers, and cliquey-ness prevail. They'll lure you in with the lip service they pay to work/life balance (which is nonexistent), catered lunches, and onsite fitness classes etc (both of which are ploys to get you to never leave and work round the clock). Basically this is Valley Millennial culture at it's ugliest. The place is teeming with over-indulged, overpaid children. Apply if you're okay with being chained to Slack and email nights and weekends and are cool with passive aggressiveness and managers who prefer to micromanage every task rather than learn how to lead a team, offer guidance, or develop their direct reports.
Cons
no work life balance, typical Silicon Valley bro (because I can't use the word I'd like to use) culture, cut throat, fear based atmosphere
Productive and encouraging workplace.
Unpaid Internship (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 9, 2018
As a high school senior, most businesses do not believe in youth workers to be as efficient as their current workers. Even though our internship was not as long as we hoped; workers at OKTA encourages my fellow classmates and I to overcome fears, become comfortable in offices with older individuals, and most importantly, how to make sure that we were able to enjoy ourselves while being professional.
High paced environment
Interim Accounts Payable Manager (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 30, 2018
Working at Okta was a rewarding and educational experience. Learned to work in an open space environment and collaborate with multiple departments. Great experience!
Good Company, Fun Culture, Better Management
Senior Sales Development Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 8, 2018
Pros

Great sales environment; everyone there wants to be successful and make enough money to survive SF, but that does not mean they selfishly will not lend you a hand if you find yourself in the hole. Open sales floor with a lot of experience. All you need to do is ask and people will open up to you.
Great product; since I have left, I have seen the stock soar. This tells me that the product has really come into …

Cons

There has been a lot of trial and error in terms of structuring and company layout. You need to be able to roll with the punches here as restructuring often goes hand in hand with poor communication.

The sales training was nonexistent when I arrived. It was good and bad as you really had to figure it out. But when I asked in the interview for specific sales training and they said yes, I was disappointed with the reality.

Advice to Management

Don't pass the buck...own it
It was aite
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 2, 2018
I met a lot of great people and learned some great skills. Like all jobs, it had its good and it had its bad. Such is life at any job in the Bay Area.
Finance (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Not willing to help you grow or advance. Everyone watches their own back and are two faced. Very cliquey culture. Really research who will be on your team before joining.
One of the best enviornments
IT Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 24, 2017
Fast paced, but lots of perks like 3 day a week free lunch service. Growing company with an exciting atmosphere. Very very transparent with weekly All Hands meetings.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
somewhat cut throat
Productive workplace
Sales Development Intern - Okta Headquarters (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 10, 2017
Great management and respective culture. You work with intelligent coworkers who are always open to learn more. Sales team are confident and backed by great products
Pros
Free
Great culture and room for advancement
Enterprise Sales Development Representative (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2016
Working at Okta has been absolutely great thus far. After 6 months, I have personally seen the things they told me about in the interviews (mainly being opportunity for advancement).

The work life balance is excellent - work hard, play hard.
Pros
Free lunch, snacks, mezzanine area
Cons
Not a structured training program (when I was hired)
Great company with innovative approach to Identity & Access Mgt.
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 9, 2014
Okta provides a unique approach to delivering Identity and Application Security controls as a multi-tenant cloud service. The IAM space though is very competitive. Okta is still a very new name, especially in the Southeast and the adoption of cloud services is still somewhat lagging.

Want to know more about Okta?

Ask a question
Great, energetic environment… Ping pong table, keg, X-Box
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 15, 2014
Absolutely amazing internship experience working with the Marketing team. I learned a lot about event planning, social media research. Developed great communication skills, expanded my knowledge of the tech industry and learned how to work in a fast paced environment.