Olathe Health Employee Reviews

Olathe Medical Center
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 18, 2018
I worked in Patient Registration and did all the Scheduling. I also did Insurance as well. I checked in ER patients as well as day surgery. I would contact patients to confirm and set up there procedures.
Fair place to work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Olathe Cancer Care/ College Point Family CareAugust 18, 2018
Decent place to work, not very competitive wages. Requires use of PTO for Holidays. Not much room for advancement. High turnover rate. Inconsistent training
so much adult information learned
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 17, 2018
I was timid when began working with adults from pediatric experience. I learned so much and decided that I enjoyed working with adults so much more.. I learned about working with acutely ill patients - which was so fascinating. The patient to nurse ratio varied from 3:1 to 6:1 - which made it particularly challenging when one had 2 or 3 post open heart patients that required bathing and walking in halls., had chest tubes or pacing external pacing wires. But I loved it. I worked with good people and we worked well as a team. I was able to share the knowledge I had with newer nurses. The hardest part of the job was having six patients with a higher acuity care, but I enjoyed the challenge.
Pros
the learning experiences
Cons
difficulty meeting with manager
Good people to work along side.
Employment Coordinator/HR Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 18, 2018
Good employees to work with, very team oriented and supported. My position was challenging because of constant interruptions but there were people willing to help when it became too crazy. My desk area should have been more private not so open to the public in order to complete my work.
Pros
Co-workers were great!
Cons
At that time the benefits were going up in cost for the employee.
July 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience working at Olathe Health. We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Fair and professional place to work
Coder (Current Employee) –  Paola, KSJuly 6, 2018
I have been employed at Olathe Health for approximately 26 years. they are a great organization to work for with fair benefits. I code various types of specialties at OMC and desire to learn more.
Pros
Discounts, great managers, flexibility
July 9, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review of Olathe Health! And more importantly your 26 years of service!

Overall a great place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 19, 2018
On a typical day I rotate between typing radiology and typing/editing HIM transcription. Everyone in the office works together nicely and our manager is very transparent as far as what is going within the department and hospital wide. Unfortunately with technology I will be facing a layoff in the future. Just being proactive and starting my search now.
Pros
flexibility, great communication, friendly coworkers
Cons
Only con for me is the drive.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review of Olathe Health! We value your service to our organization and wish you the best of luck!

Omc
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 21, 2018
I have worked here the longest, 15 years and I loved it because I was pretty much on my own. I enjoyed the responsibility of being self motivated. Also the support of other employee's and managers. Working closely with the Lab Tech was educational and and made problem solving easy.
Pros
The hours were perfect, pay is comparable and raises were yearly.
Cons
Not much room for advancement
May 29, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review of Olathe Health! We truly value your input and thank you for your 15 years of service.

Olathe Health
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 10, 2018
Fun time working in the OR with great team mates. Everyone is very friendly and pulls their own weight. The surgeons are very well mannered and don't yell or act ugly towards anyone.
May 17, 2018

Thank you for your taking the time to post this wonderful review of your experience working at Olathe Health! It is nice to see there is such great teamwork in the Operating Room!

They get by as cheaply as possible.
Operating Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 30, 2018
My coworkers are wonderful. They are very caring and hard working. Upper management seems to be cutting our budget back every year. When workers are lost, they are not replaced. Our supplies get cheaper as often as possible.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
The company cuts cost so much that I feel like it affects the patients.
May 1, 2018

Thank you for your review of Olathe Health. We know you all work very hard and it is great to see you value your team! As with any organization, budgets may change throughout the year. Please feel free to reach out to your management team to discuss your concerns or we invite you to contact employee relations at 913-791-3500 ext 4528 to discuss these concerns in more detail (anonymously if you wish).

A great place to make a difference if you are a change agent
Vice President & Chief Information Officer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 29, 2018
The organization has a huge potential. If you like challenges and would like to make a difference and proud of your accomplishment, it is a great palace to be. At times it can be hard for new comers but you have to be persistent if you want to make change that you believe in. There are a lot of good people who work here looking for great leaders to join and continue to change the culture.
May 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Olathe Health. We agree, that working here is very rewarding!

I keep busy, I have a number of things I could do for them but they dont want it
Maintenance Assistant (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 10, 2018
Been in building maintenance approximately 30+ years, Progress here moves slow or not at all. I'm ready for improved pay & a challenging career change
April 12, 2018

Thank you for your review of Olathe Health. We also appreciate the feedback as we are always to find ways to improve. We invite you to contact employee relations at 913-791-3500 ext 4528 to discuss these concerns in more detail (anonymously if you wish).

Good company
Finance Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 4, 2018
the team at Olathe Med. Ctr. was great to work with. Great working environment. Team spirit was excellent. No pressure during working hours. Leadership was excellent to work with
April 12, 2018

Thank you for your nice review of Olathe Health! Sounds like your overall experience was positive and we appreciate your feedback!

Very Busy
RN (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 27, 2018
Very busy Med-Surg unit. Must stay on task and work efficiently and effectively. Supportive management. Adequate pay and benefits available. Tuition reimbursement option.
April 12, 2018

Thank you for your review of Olathe Health! We appreciate your feedback!

Great place to care for people!
PCT/CNA (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 19, 2018
I was at Olathe Health for almost 6 years and I only left because I physically couldn’t lift anymore due to recurrent hernias. I would still be there if I didn’t have hernia issues needing surgery eventually. I worked three twelve hour shifts at the most every week and loved my co-workers! I learned so many things and gained a lot of medical knowledge and what I want my career to be. The hardest part of this job was taking care of others and not putting myself first. All in all, I really miss my job and would do it again in a heartbeat!
Pros
Altruistic rewards of caring for others
Cons
Half hour for lunches
March 20, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review of Olathe Health! Sounds like you really enjoyed your position and most importantly your team! Good luck with your future endeavors!

Run!
RN Staff (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 11, 2018
Typical Day: Doing 6- peoples jobs & only get paid for ONE (the lowest paid one)
What I learned: There is NO TEAM WORK!! SINK or SWIM! They Don't pay enough to put up with LAZY people!
Management: LIE to YOU! They don't appreciate their GOOD Employees & they REWARD their OWN!
Employees: How can we do less for more! NO ONE wants to WORK !
Hardest part of your job is BITING your Tongue OFF everyday!
Most enjoyable are the Physicians that are still there! Most of them!
Pros
The Physicians!
March 12, 2018

We are always continuing to improve and appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback as a prior employee of Olathe Health. It is unfortunate to see your experience was not very positive during your employment. We invite you to contact employee relations at 913-791-3500 ext 4528 to discuss these concerns in more detail (anonymously if you wish).

President of Nursing poor manager
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMarch 11, 2018
poor management, managers play favorites with some, do not like older RN, try to get them to quit by giving unfair levels of diffuculty
in patients. Actively found ways to get rid of nurses the management did not like or thought were too old.
March 12, 2018

We are always continuing to improve and appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback as a prior employee of Olathe Health. We invite you to contact employee relations at 913-791-3500 ext 4528 to discuss these concerns in more detail (anonymously if you wish).

Fast moving workplace
MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KS 66061February 22, 2018
Fast paced, challenging workplace. No breaks, no lunch breaks, demanding call week. Working independently most days. Transporting large patients on carts independently. Little to no advancement in the MRI department.
Pros
Challenging
Cons
Working alone most days
February 28, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Olathe Health. It is unfortunate to see your experience has not been very positive. We appreciate your feedback & we invite you to contact employee relations at 913-791-3500 ext 4528 to discuss these concerns in more detail (anonymously if you wish).

n/a
Medical Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 18, 2018
Day was filled with lots of paper work and typing. Many reports and office was located with much attitude. I felt as if I was singled out and treated unfairly.
Pros
I was able to worked out home.for a while.
Cons
Treated unfairly at the very end.

Wonderful Company
Patient Financial Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSFebruary 13, 2018
I love the work that I do. I just need a less stressful position at this time in my life. Would recommend it. Excellent hours, great pay, and staff are wonderful.
Pros
Hours and pay
Cons
upper management micromanages and are perfectionists
February 15, 2018

Thank you for your review of Olathe Health! It is great to see you found a good fit for your work & life balance and your experience has been so positive. We will take the feedback you provided as we continue to grow and improve.

It's okay
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 11, 2018
Work is okay compared to other hospitals I've worked at. Salary is pretty bad compared to it's competitors. Work environment is friendly except maybe the nursing staff.
Pros
Work is good
Cons
Salary is bad
February 28, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Olathe Health. We appreciate your feedback & we invite you to contact employee relations at 913-791-3500 ext 4528 to discuss these concerns in more detail (anonymously if you wish).

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olathe Health. Our community is ready to answer.