Olathe Health Employee Reviews

Disappointed
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 24, 2019
I started at one of Olathe’s clinics this past fall. I started off being very excited to be a part of the Olathe Health System, and I was excited to be able to work with kids at my clinic! Starting off as a new nurse was a nightmare. As soon as I got finished with training, they expected me to function as if I was an experienced nurse.
My office manager and another nurse pulled me aside one day and talked to me about an INR sheet that I didn’t do. I’m fact, no one at the clinic showed me how to do them. This is just one of several examples. It felt like they were so short staffed that they wanted to fill that position as fast as they could without being realistic about who they hired.
The work load was overwhelming, and I kept being hounded to help in the patient message pool while also trying to go through stacks of paper work the Dr gave me.I wasn’t comfortable zooming through messages yet, like the other nurses were. I wanted to make sure I was doing it accurately. If they wanted a seasoned nurse, then they needed to hire one, and not have unrealistic expectations for something that they didn’t hire!
Pros
Olathe Health Benefits
Cons
Overwhelming work load, unrealistic expectations
Friendly enviornment
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 15, 2019
Everyone is friendly, not always the most hard working. They do care about one another and want to always help. My peers have been a lot of fun and am thankful for them.
Productive work environment.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 10, 2019
Normal day as a housekeeper is we go through to do a AM Freshening, which is just greeting the patients and informing them that you are going to pull their trash and check their bathroom to see if it looks bad. Then you go to do all of the side rooms, like nurse stations, bathrooms, break rooms, nourishment room, etc. the next process of the day is to do your generals, which is followed by the 10 step process: 1. Greet Patient. 2. Pull Trash. 3. High Dust. 4. Sanitize. 5.Spot Clean. 6.Clean Bathroom. 7. Dust Mop. 8. Inspect Work. 9. Damp Mop. 10. Greet Patient.
Pros
Get 10% off the Cafe food.
Cons
Horrible work place.
February 15, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review on your experience with Olathe Health as we are always looking for ways to improve. We invite you to contact employee relations at 913-355-4528 to discuss these concerns (anonymously if you wish), to work toward a resolution of your concerns.

RN PRN Day Surgery (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 5, 2018
Great work environment with opportunity for advancement. Pay below average compared to other KC Metro hospitals. Overall good company to work for and people to work with.
February 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience working at Olathe Health. We also appreciate you offering your concern as we are always looking for ways to improve. We invite you to contact employee relations at 913-355-4528 to discuss these concerns (anonymously if you wish), to work toward a resolution of your concerns.

Mostly liked the job
Pre-Certification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KS 66062November 20, 2018
I enjoyed the actual job of precertification and working with physician offices and other team members to offer patients the best customer service possible.
Pros
Interesting work, always working, cafeteria on site
Cons
Dept. Management
February 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your experience working at Olathe Health. We also appreciate your feedback regarding your concerns. We invite you to contact employee relations at 913-355-4528 to discuss these concerns (anonymously if you wish), to work toward a resolution of your concerns.

It can be a great place to work at times, the management is so focused on meetings that they aren't aware of how hard we work.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 19, 2018
The physicians are pretty good to work with, they like to teach and are helpful most of the time. There is always that one bad apple. The pay is less than most hospitals in the KC metro, especially the PRN nurse pay. The management is so busy going to meetings and such that they are unaware of the patient acuity and staffing needs most of the time. The staff works very hard but is mostly understaffed.
February 15, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to complete a review on your experience with Olathe Health and providing your concerns as we are always looking for ways to improve. We invite you to contact employee relations at 913-355-4528 to discuss these concerns (anonymously if you wish), to work toward a resolution of your concerns.

My yrs experience overall was good, management needs work, NO communicatiion
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 9, 2018
Transcribe medical reports 8 hours a day. Stressful since on production scale. But after years of employement Olathe decided to use voice recognition with no editors. I was only given a 45 day notice now I am left without a job and no benefits. Seems so unfair when you devote yourself to a job that you cannot even get the respect of more notice. Life happening so you move on.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no communication, left to figure things out on your own
November 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience at Olathe Health. We appreciate your honest feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve. Based on your review, we would invite you to contact our Employee Relations point of contact, anonymous if you wish, 913-791-4441.

Close to home, small community hospital
RN (Current Employee) –  Paola, KSOctober 14, 2018
Miami County Medical Center is a small community hospital where my everyday is taking care of local people like they are family. My team of co-workers consist of 10 people requiring us to rely on each other and work together closely as a team.
November 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a great review of Olathe Health! It is great to see your team was so involved and worked so well together.

Great place
PRN (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 5, 2018
Great place to learn and grow. Supporting the community and area hospitals in rural communities. CEO was very involved in meetings and made you feel like family.
November 1, 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review of Olathe Health! We believe we offer many opportunities for individuals to grow in their careers, it is great to read you felt that way!

Poor Management
PRECERT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 2, 2018
The management in precert and patient access is horrible. They wonder why so many people have left and it’s because of the management. If you have poor management you have unhappy employees and high turnovers.
October 1, 2018

Thank you for your review of Olathe Health. Please feel free to reach out to your management team to discuss your concerns or we invite you to contact employee relations at 913-355-4528 to discuss these concerns in more detail (anonymously if you wish).

Nice place to work unless you want to be promoted or go anywhere
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 21, 2018
The management staff is constantly rotating. Working the floor as a tech is fine and you will learn a lot because the nurses let you do a lot. don't expect to be promoted or to be valued for your time but working with the patience is enjoyable and most of your peers are enjoyable
Pros
Patients
August 31, 2018

Thank you for your review of Olathe Health. Based on some of your concerning comments, we invite you to contact employee relations at 913-355-4528 to discuss these concerns (anonymously if you wish), to work toward resolution of this issue. However, it is nice to see you are doing what you enjoy, working with patients.

Olathe Health
Education Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 19, 2018
Multiple demands but had the ability to make a difference in patients and nurses lives.
Learned about multiple specialties
Highly involved in departmental budgeting and strategic planning.
Community focused.
Worked closely with other nursing professionals and development collegial relationships
Hardest part of the job was lack of financial resources for educational needs
Most enjoyable seeing staff and nurses grow in their roles
Pros
Community feel
Cons
Not much vacation time
August 31, 2018

Thank you for your review of Olathe Health. We appreciate your honest feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve.

RN-bsn (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 19, 2018
One of the best places to work around. Great work culture from this not so little hospital anymore. couldn't imaging working somewhere larger. I actually feel like I make a difference and am important to the company.
August 20, 2018

Thank you for your great review of Olathe Health! It sounds like you have found a great place to work, and we couldn't agree more!

Olathe Medical Center
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 18, 2018
I worked in Patient Registration and did all the Scheduling. I also did Insurance as well. I checked in ER patients as well as day surgery. I would contact patients to confirm and set up there procedures.
August 20, 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review of your experience working at Olathe Health! It is also helpful to provide your general responsibilities in case someone would like more information about the day-in-the-life of a Patient Access Rep.

Fair place to work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Olathe Cancer Care/ College Point Family CareAugust 18, 2018
Decent place to work, not very competitive wages. Requires use of PTO for Holidays. Not much room for advancement. High turnover rate. Inconsistent training
August 20, 2018

Thank you for taking time and providing a review of your experience at Olathe Health. We appreciate the feedback as we continue to research ways to improve.

so much adult information learned
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 17, 2018
I was timid when began working with adults from pediatric experience. I learned so much and decided that I enjoyed working with adults so much more.. I learned about working with acutely ill patients - which was so fascinating. The patient to nurse ratio varied from 3:1 to 6:1 - which made it particularly challenging when one had 2 or 3 post open heart patients that required bathing and walking in halls., had chest tubes or pacing external pacing wires. But I loved it. I worked with good people and we worked well as a team. I was able to share the knowledge I had with newer nurses. The hardest part of the job was having six patients with a higher acuity care, but I enjoyed the challenge.
Pros
the learning experiences
Cons
difficulty meeting with manager
August 20, 2018

Thank you so much for your great review of your experience working at Olathe Health! Sounds like you had a great experience ans we appreciate you sharing your feedback.

Good people to work along side.
Employment Coordinator/HR Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 18, 2018
Good employees to work with, very team oriented and supported. My position was challenging because of constant interruptions but there were people willing to help when it became too crazy. My desk area should have been more private not so open to the public in order to complete my work.
Pros
Co-workers were great!
Cons
At that time the benefits were going up in cost for the employee.
July 30, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your experience working at Olathe Health. We appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Fair and professional place to work
Coder (Current Employee) –  Paola, KSJuly 6, 2018
I have been employed at Olathe Health for approximately 26 years. they are a great organization to work for with fair benefits. I code various types of specialties at OMC and desire to learn more.
Pros
Discounts, great managers, flexibility
July 9, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review of Olathe Health! And more importantly your 26 years of service!

Overall a great place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 19, 2018
On a typical day I rotate between typing radiology and typing/editing HIM transcription. Everyone in the office works together nicely and our manager is very transparent as far as what is going within the department and hospital wide. Unfortunately with technology I will be facing a layoff in the future. Just being proactive and starting my search now.
Pros
flexibility, great communication, friendly coworkers
Cons
Only con for me is the drive.
July 9, 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review of Olathe Health! We value your service to our organization and wish you the best of luck!

Omc
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 21, 2018
I have worked here the longest, 15 years and I loved it because I was pretty much on my own. I enjoyed the responsibility of being self motivated. Also the support of other employee's and managers. Working closely with the Lab Tech was educational and and made problem solving easy.
Pros
The hours were perfect, pay is comparable and raises were yearly.
Cons
Not much room for advancement
May 29, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful review of Olathe Health! We truly value your input and thank you for your 15 years of service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olathe Health. Our community is ready to answer.