Old Chicago Pizza Employee Reviews

Fighting for hours and money
Hostess/Trainer/Server (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 12, 2019
It was a great place to meet friends that are co-workers, however it should not be a fight for good shifts or having no one to help you out ever. Teamwork is what the preach but not what they enforce.
Managers enable lazy workers
Server (Former Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 10, 2019
My biggest complaint after a year of giving it my all, was that I was a frequently requested server, always making my sales goals and completing certifications, but the favorites by far were those who purposefully tried to take the easy way. Poaching tables was the favorite practice of the main server, and bad attitude is seen as a positive characteristic. I cut off a table that bragged how they had been drinking since 11 at the start of my 5pm shift, and after 5 rounds were requested within half an hour cut them off, management told me I must continue serving them, did nothing to help. I am safeserve certified and this was the final straw.
Pros
Discounts, flexible hours, scheduling mobile app
Cons
Drunk guest constantly, Changing promotions without keeping staff in the loop. Fend for yourself attitude.
Productive and fun
WAITRESS/COOK (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 10, 2019
Would love to go back only left because I relocated. Fair business and the food is great. I would recommend any server both new and experienced to join their team!
I enjoyed working there
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILFebruary 7, 2019
It was a fun and relaxed environment, but when they need to start going then you gotta be ready for it. I loved the people and the hours. I recommend working there if you’re a social person
Pros
Discounts
SHIFT LEAD/TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARFebruary 7, 2019
servers seem to make good money and the kitchen pays well for line cooks that know what they are doing. cons are they rarely hire manager from within
pretty relaxed but sometimes tense
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 6, 2019
if you’re about to apply to be a host and want full time, please do not apply here you will not get full time hours at all. the pay you get is basically for a high schooler paycheck, not someone with bills even if you request more hours it’s because mostly everyone is full time and also have another job on top of that. that out of the way, old chicago is a very chill environment. the managers are really nice, understanding and supportive, if you’re in school they work around it too and communicate with you! the downside to them, though, is favoritism is strong because everyone has been there for 2+ years so they’re like family to eachother. going further on with that, team wise they’re not as much. a lot of the people can be very toxic and be nice to your face, but talk trash behind your back for no reason. there are a few gems of people here that you’ll love, but the toxicity and standoffish a lot of people are here are rub offs, especially since most people are partiers if you’re not in that crowd. management needs to try and lay off people that are very not deserving of their jobs here to give new people opportunities of wanting to stay. overall, it’s pretty average job if you just keep to yourself and talk to those few people who are gems and if you’re okay with not a good paycheck.
Pros
50% discount, tips while doing to-go orders, relaxed environment
Cons
not enough hours, a few longtime coworkers
Fun to work there
Host/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSFebruary 5, 2019
Fun to work there but very poor management skills to many people hired so there isn’t enough hours for full time employees when asked for more hours your ignored when you make a mistake it’s the end of the world to them
Pros
20% off food
Cons
No breaks for hosts no free food no benefits
Has great pizza
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 30, 2019
I enjoyed this job for a short period of time. I did not like the drama that occured while i was working here anf also didnt feel like the tip out for an extremly hard workjng and always busy hostess was anhwhwre near fair.
Pros
Not open all to late
Cons
Small tip out.
Fun work place with lots of ways to win.
Server/Beer Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 28, 2019
Old Chicago is a fun and educational place to work with many different ways to fun cute gear and beer supplies through their reward program. The Mockingbird Station location could use a management change but the rest of the staff is pretty friendly.
Pros
Rewards, free food, discounts, beer knowledge
Cons
Poor management and scheduling
Poor management
Host (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYJanuary 26, 2019
The servers all bash on each other and the managers feed into it creating an unhealthy environment with over worked and underpaid coworkers. Need to focus on the customers.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, underpaid, no benefits
Would definitely suggest it to younger adults in the 18 to 21 year old range.
Host (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYJanuary 24, 2019
Nothing was bad, it was a very nice, pleasant job, it did have it's pros and cons for other employees. That's the only thing I can really say. Just very good things
Pros
Cons
Nothing, honestly
like burning alive but being okay with it
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNJanuary 23, 2019
Management is interesting there. There are some good days and some bad. A lot of favoritism takes place. Late night should be taken off the menu. It's a waste of our time. Or make the bad servers work it. Also WAY too many coupons and rewards. The beers are hard to keep up with but when you learn them it's not too bad.
Pros
Fun coworkers, decent money
Cons
long hours, no breaks, below average management
Culture of Old Chicago
COOK (Former Employee) –  Superior, COJanuary 19, 2019
The culture of Old Chicago is diverse. During rush hours, several servers can be found helping each other out. The work environment is stressful at time but manageable.
Too busy for management to handle
Host/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJanuary 18, 2019
Extremely fast-paced, with wait times sometimes hitting 2+ hours. Management was not the best, with employees constantly quitting and getting replaced. You only get a small discount on food items, but free sodas. Tips were okay, as a front of house employee. Employees are discouraged from having 2 jobs, and management would encourage employees to quit if they found out you were applying for a second job somewhere else.
Pros
Relaxed dress code, nice coworkers
Cons
Expensive food, poor management
Exhausting fast paced work
Chef (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 8, 2019
My responsibilities included line cook, prep cook, dough cook, expo, and dish washer. I learned that there is never enough to know, when it comes to cooking good food. Every day I would teach myself how to cut into the same food I have always used but with a little extra finesse, making the plate look irresistible. It was as if I had a science experiment every day to figure the exact specifications that would make the food outstanding rather than holding an expectation.
Pros
I got to work the hours I wanted
Cons
It was gruesome labor where we didn't get breaks
Productive and fast paced
Server (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 8, 2019
Old Chicago is a fun environment to work in. A lot of workers a this location constantly come to work in a bad mood making some days more difficult than others. Hours can be hard working until 2 am but overall it is a great, friendly environment to work.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
non
workplace culture
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 6, 2019
this was one of my favorite jobs, the atmosphere and every thing they do for their guests with their rewards program and beer tour made it a really good place and the food was awesome
Poor management
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 2, 2019
The management ate Old Chicago is extremely poor and unorganized. Communication is horrible and employees are over worked and underpaid. On busy nights, there is no structure and everyone runs around mindlessly which leads to poor customer service.
Okay but stressful
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Indpenendence, MOJanuary 2, 2019
Highly stressful environment, it worked like a well oiled machine when my coworkers showed up. I was also asked to work one dishwashing shift, and the next week my schedule had half in the kitchen, half dishwashing. I was hired on as a cook and was never asked to continue dishwashing after that one time, the GM, just put me there.
Awful and Exploiting
Cocktail Server/Server (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 1, 2019
Was originally hired on as a part time position that quickly turned into 7 day workweeks and 10-12 hour shifts ending around 3 am. Week after week when I complained to management that I needed AT LEAST one day off a week, adequate support on shifts I did work but nothing changed and I tried to tough it out for over 3 months. The final straw was after working 8 days in a row I finally had a day off to look forward to and they changed my schedule the night before my day off so I had to come in and wasn't scheduled another day off for another 7 days. Meanwhile I had co workers that would work 1 day a week and ask for more hours but managers wouldn't approve them to pick up shifts because they weren't as good at their job and management was trying to get them to quit. Old Chicago is the kind of place where if your decent at your job your exploited until your burnt out and if your bad at your job instead of firing you or giving more training they'll cut your schedule until you quit on your own.
Pros
Employee Discount on food and beer
Cons
no breaks, no advancement, bad management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Chicago Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.