Old Chicago Pizza Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Prep food and Cook Pizzas
Pizza Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 9, 2018
I usually came in the mornings and prepped and got everything ready for the rest of the day then when the prep list was finished i would make pizzas and then do everything needed to be done and clean up before going home
Pros
Free food
Laid back
Server (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJuly 31, 2018
It was quick and easy to pick on the menu for food, and the online training process is a little long. But the beer knowledge that you gain makes it so much worth it because it’ll really help you learn about your own style of beer that you enjoy.
Mangement
Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJuly 27, 2018
The worst mangement I’ve ever dealt with in my life they didn’t know what they were doing they didn’t pay you fairly service was the worst they ruin the store that I help open up we closed down last year in July
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management
Productive and fun work place
Assistant Manager/Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 24, 2018
Friendly and steady paced work environment. Learned to adjust to different types of situations and people in order to make sure that our guest are satisfied. Great management team and exceptional work place. The hardest part of the job is not having benefits and very little room for advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job are the guest, i have met some amazing people working here and have developed a true friendship with returning guest.
Pros
Great work environment and decent pay
Cons
Advancement
Prepare yourself
server (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 16, 2018
My first night working there the kitchen manager cussed out multiple cooks and threw the food at them. So must have tough skin, and be prepared to hold your own.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Overworked
terrible place to work
Dishwasher and Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 12, 2018
If you work hard and do your job correctly, you will also get to do someone else's work for them. As far as management is concerned, the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. Most of the employees feel the same general disdain for the workplace.
fun day at the job
Cook (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 9, 2018
in the morning i start prep then start cooking or baking foods for the morning shifts after that cleaning work areas then start with lunch and dinner menus
Pros
free lunch
An Establishment With Great Potential
Host/Server's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 8, 2018
My initial impression of the establishment was relatively positive. The location was clean, there was a clear dress code that made it easy to distinguish between host, server, and manager; it seemed all very professional and functional. The menus were always quickly changed up to date with what was available at the bar and with the eatery. It all seemed professional and smooth. As I begin working I recognized that the servers and other hosts were very nice and willing to help and mentor, but, what the Grand Junction Old Chicago lacked was a strong and unbiased managerial team.
Pros
Nice location, up to date, big team, lax environment
Cons
managerial team, inconsistency in promotions and not thorough interviewing process
Corporation as a whole can be great, Louisville store has went terribly downhill
Server (Current Employee) –  9010 Taylorsville Rd Louisville, KYJune 30, 2018
When I started the business was very busy, money was great and very fun to work at, management was awesome. Normal restaurant dysfunction at times but otherwise great, lots of room and encouragement to grow. In the last year management has changed up a few times, general management and area management has all changed for the worse. Very stressful to work at now, restaurant is dirty, business is less than half and hours are given to favorites of the week and has gotten very cut throat. Very disappointing as the cooperation as a whole is a great one to advance in. Hoping things change someday but not confident that it will happen anytime soon. Rude management, very unprofessional.
Pros
Room for advancement, good money
Cons
terrible management, inconsisity in scheduling and rules on daily
Old Chicago Rocks
Server, Bartender, NRO Trainer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 26, 2018
This place is amazing, to work for. Everyone works as a team which was nice management included.i wish we had one in Ohio. They leave the option for you to cross train if you are interested into advancing. And, they really love charity and helping out people in need. Which is a beautiful thing. They also do not have a high turnover so they must be doing rightxg
Pros
Teamwork, managers, menu selection and drinks are amazing
Cons
No real set breaks. So to stand and eat after running around all shift is pretty inconvenience.
Poor management and disgusting favoritism
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 26, 2018
I worked at Old Chicago for about a year. The managers are sneaky and don't like to give performance reviews. They will just secretly talk about you behind your back with no critique. They also play favorites and if you're not one of theirs, don't expect any shifts.
Cohesive team, fun environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Fort CollinsMay 7, 2018
I had a great experience at Old Chicago. I worked there for a year and made a lot of new friends. The managers were supportive and expected the best from you. I learned a lot about how to give great customer service. The hardest parts of the job could be the immense amount of side work we had to do every shift as well as the occasional rude customer or kitchen disaster. The culture was very supportive and I do miss my coworkers
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
A lot of side work
Was good to begin...But
Line Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 30, 2018
I had a woman manager get in my face and stare me down and bowed up to me. I was made to cook for 5-6 HOURS before bathroom breaks. Ive seen some people break down and cry servers ring everyone in at once religious back up the kitchen managers that disappear leave people to grab wrong orders. Manager wise ryan s. and roy c. Are the only ones doing the right thing.
Pros
1 personal pizza a shift
Cons
5 minutes for breaks, rude managers, discusting kitchen, bad wages, no benefits
Faced paced and fun
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXApril 28, 2018
the store is very busy on the weekends and the managers are very nice and work hard. the staff in general are very friendly and everyone gets along great.
Eh
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 20, 2018
It was a mediocre restaurant with a hopeful staff. the people there are good people, some just lack ambition and the laziness is almost contagious, but the people mean well.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Drama
First job
Lead Hostess (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 7, 2018
I worked at Old Chicago when i was in highschool. It was great pay, easy hours and a fun atmosphere. I loved my location and coworkers. I grew a lot when i worked there, personally and professionally.
Just your average server job.
Server (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 7, 2018
I was a cocktail server for 2 years here. I made close to $135 on average on a closing shift. Sometimes I made more and sometimes I made less. The only real problem was a young management staff that didn’t properly understand how to lead and motivate its employees. Otherwise, this was not a terrible place to work.
Great place
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 27, 2018
Great place to work. Great employees had fun. Enjoyed returning guests and getting to know them. Awesome team work and of course great food and drinks
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
On feet all day
Nice workplace if you have good management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 21, 2018
A typical day at work included helping customers make decisions, providing excellent customer service, and working with other staff members to ensure an amazing experience for the guests.
Pros
Discounted lunches, free meals if you were a double
find some thing else
Server (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDMarch 20, 2018
The place was bad don't work their if you don't have too. I had a manager that would prefer the ladie servers to work in the bar part of the place where the better tipers were well enough said.
Pros
free pizza after the buffet was done.
Cons
cons is every thing else