Old Dominion Freight Line Employee Reviews

Management sucks
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 12, 2018
The management on the dock is very bias if you are not one of their favorites they will throw you under the bus and not care about it. They only look out who for who they want and will do anything to protect them.
Beware
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCOctober 10, 2018
Warning if you are thinking of working for this company here some advice.No overtime,work 12 just about every day when it can be done in 10 ish hrs.They strive to keep you there to gamble with your family life.Dispatchers are a joke haven’t ever drove trucks.Manager has no back bone and will lie to you.Look down and around won’t ever look into your eyes.Everyone else in management does his job to make his easier.Mechanic’s can’t get pay when there suppose to cause he doesn’t know how to enter job in computer to submit to corporate.Stealing from company in my eyes.Assistant manager no better harassed employees and always feeling like a big man writing up employees for anything and everything he can come up with.Saw 6 employees canned 1dick supervisor and 5 drivers for various medical issues.If your not back in 6 months your gone and will receive a letter cut you off the insurance.All of these men where wanting to return to work.Now if that’s not dirty then what is?Have talk with previous employees from other terminals that have worked with company will tell you the same just ask around.They got there picks of employees which is not the right choice to be in management.Management is never wrong when they are they lie like he!!
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
No over time & management.
Productive work place
Class A CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAOctober 7, 2018
Complete Pre-trip on commercial vehicle and trailer. Check that all freight in trailer matches the route Manifest. Deliver or pick up freight at customer business or residential. Complete post-trip on commercial vehicle and trailer.
Pros
Good pay. Local route. Plenty of hours.
Not a bad place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCOctober 7, 2018
Very friendly and helpful co-workers and staff. Constantly receiving incoming calls due to it is a call center. The days seem to drag due to various daily schedules.
Great Pay & Benefits but no room for advancements within
P&D DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 5, 2018
The pay was great and had the best benefits. Made great friendships during my time that I have carried on past my employment with Old Dominion. Management overworked the drivers without consideration for their personal time and family time. No overtime until 60 hours. There was no room for advancement. Once a driver, always a driver.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, 401K matching, employee recognition events
Cons
Overtime not being paid until 60 hours, Typical weeks had 55+hours, no consideration for family time
Fast paced with great pay and benefits
Foreman/Lead (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCOctober 2, 2018
Old Dominion Freight Lines is top of the line when it comes to rates and claims ratio, I for one made sure freight efficiency and quality was ensured for customer satisfaction. In turn this kind of drive got me a promotion as a Foreman/Lead
Pros
Forklift license, and paid CDL SCHOOL, great pay
Cons
Long work hours
great job, but exposed to the elements
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 1, 2018
great job, but exposed to elements. I often had to sneak into the bathroom to heat my boots in the winter with hand dryers, because they did not warn us against steel toe as opposed to composite for cold protection
Fast paced
Logistics Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 25, 2018
This was fast paced job and kept you on your toes. It was pretty easy cause all you had to do was load trucks. The management was ok just never got much feedback.
Family oriented environment
Service Desk Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Great company to work for. They treat employees well. Good salary and bonus program is exceptional. Great senior leadership team and good management team as well.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Standard Work from Home taken away from IT in 2018
Od
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Reading, PASeptember 19, 2018
If you are looking for a warehouse job. This is the company to work for! This company really cares about the employees and is the best in the business. the rapid growth of the company leads to advancements.
great company.
dipatcher (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2018
I wish I never left this company.Best trucking company.
You can advance quickly if you work hard.
They pay very well and have good benefits.
Great working environment.
Pros
pay.atmosphere
Cons
can be stressful as a suprvisor.But they pay you well for it.
Service Center Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CASeptember 13, 2018
Good overall place ,hours of operations not the best but manageable. Great inhouse promotions great benefits and great people working there driving classes offer for employees.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Not good hours
Not a good work environment
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 12, 2018
Would not recommend a them for work. Bad upper management. Not a family atmosphere. Upper management did not support lower management. I worked there for 12 years. Did not feel apart of the company.
P & D Driver (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHSeptember 7, 2018
This job has given me great experience. My manager is nothing but positive reinforcement. I've had no issues feeling welcome to this company, and if didn't have to leave, I wouldn't.
Good Place to Work
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 4, 2018
Fun place to work if your not afraid of hard work. Can be long hours depending on the time of year. All training is paid. Up to date equipment. This job is not for everyone.
Pros
Team Enviroment
Cons
Raise Schedule
Great work place
Dock Worker (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 2, 2018
Great environment to work great pay great days also they offer great benefits and great chances to move up as a driver they pay for u become a driver..
Enjoyed Working for Old Dominion Freight Lines
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 26, 2018
Had a personal fall out with supervisor which led to my quiting with proper notice.
Hours, benefits, and the job itself were wonderful. I enjoyed my co workers. I enjoyed the ability to do some work on the dock with fork lifts and learning new skills.
Good company to work for
Load and unload (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 24, 2018
Is a good place to work the pay is good nice Friendly people If you been there long enough they will take care you working days I've been there 12 years in the have 3 days Off We have cookouts like 5 times a year Is it good company to work for if you young person
Pros
30 minute breaks
Cons
Nice health care
Good pay for the job
Truck Driver, Line Haul (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 22, 2018
If you want to be a truck driver, there's none better than OD. If you do your job with professionalism you are left alone. Friendly people. Approachable management.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Long hours away from home
good
Pickup and Delevery Driver (Current Employee) –  Dracut, MAAugust 20, 2018
Liked and found it rewarding at OD, plus enjoyed working with co-workers
l but moving to FL, must leave. I would like eo stay with OD, but they need replacement and job opening where I am going

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Dominion Freight Line. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight