Old Dominion Freight Line
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100
View all Old Dominion Freight Line reviews

Old Dominion Freight Line

Old Dominion Freight Line Employee Review

Old Dominion Freight Line Line Haul Truck Driver Review - Best LTL company in the industry.

Absolutely, hands down, the best truck driving job I've ever had. Stellar pay and benefits. Great management. Everyone who works there is always in a good mood from the dock workers to management. Drivers are just that at Old Dominion. Drivers. We don't load, we don't unload, we don't drive forklifts. We drive trucks. 100% drop and hook. When you're done, you fuel, turn in papers and go home. That's it. Nothing else.

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits and excellent management.

Cons

None.

5.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Same role

Pays good but you're just a warm body.

Drivers work hard without a lot of support from management. Dispatch played favorites a lot. If you aren't in with the "in" crowd, you're just a number.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Unloading odd shapes and weights at locations fully unequipped for semi-truck service.
Same role

Ugh

No life. Work work Work no Overtime straight time only. Bad equipment no idling no heat no air conditioning because you can't idle the truck you can't go over 1500 rpm's or will they write you up.. Forced dispatch tailgating home ,sitting for hours waiting at a warehouse in the freezing cold with no running the truck the truck or in the blazing heat without running the truck.
Same location

Good place

It's mostly good. Management not so good. Fast pace. Very busy none stop. Not enough breaks. Not fair on new jobs openings. Good buddy system only way to move up

Pros

People

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Dominion Freight Line. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.2
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
2.1Career Opportunities
2.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Old Dominion Freight Line with

• Old Dominion Freight Line
  • Best LTL company in the industry.
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?