Old Dutch Foods Employee Reviews

Interesting and Fun extra job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Portage, WINovember 7, 2017
A great place to earn some extra cash. I work three evenings a week, make a great base salary and they pay millage. Hit a few different stores so get to know different people. Total freedom to work when you can.
Good choice
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 31, 2017
Good place to work with family oriented values and support. Route running with this company let you manage a good mixture of work and home time . Management was very hands on and there for you if needed .
Pros
Great product to sell and stand behind .
Cons
Market share .
good company
Route Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MN 55113August 14, 2017
working long hours and meeting great people
and learning how to comunicate, and treat people the way you want to be treated.Also leaning how to run a route and make a profit.
Pros
good healtcare
Fun job not a career
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 27, 2016
Overall it was a fun place to work. I really liked having my truck and driving different routes. But now for the bad, the company really needs to invest in new trucks. They are terrible and extremely bad for the drivers who drive them, they are not comfortable and do not seem safe when you are driving them. They don't have AC for the summer and the heat in the winter is also terrible. The pay is also bad I would run routes that sometimes took really long time to run, I broke down my salary one time and a long routes weekly check equaled 7.50 an hour for that week.
Pros
Own truck, union, free chips
Cons
Old trucks, unsafe working conditions, pay
Fun Workplace
Slicer Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMay 25, 2016
a typical day at work for me would be me working 12 hours a day witch was not a problem because i loved coming to work and the work environment was fun i loved my co workers, i feel i got along with everybody.
What i really learned was hot to make the product we were producing, and the hardest part of my job was just the communication between employees and the management
Pros
good pay
Cons
lack of communication
Life at the Potato Chip Plant
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJuly 10, 2015
I worked from 6 AM to 2 PM. Reviewed all the order sheets that needed to be filled for the day and made sure that everyone was meeting their quota each hour. Inventory control and data entry on where and when the orders needed to be shipped. Ordered Supplies as needed. Trained in employees on Pack and Feed Machine, Sorter Machine, Wrapper Cutter Machine. I enjoyed working with the crew that I had, they were up beat and hard workers. Always tried to be better and faster than all the rest of the crews out on the floor. There was not anything hard about my job. The most thing that I enjoyed about my job was the customer satisfaction that I had received from our clients and that my manager was always Positive.
Pros
Manager was Very Nice
Cons
Not Family Oriented
load trucks with chips
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJanuary 26, 2015
No room to grow, and while loading the trucks you have time lines that have to be met. They dont really care about personal life as they work on a points system.
Pros
Free chips
Cons
The Job
Good company
Weekend Service (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 18, 2014
Good company to work for, small though and tough to advance.
growing company in snack and chips business
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, Ontario, CAJuly 1, 2014
This is a growing company that needs to change so many things in order to stand among market leaders.
Most of the trucks and equipments are old but the management try to replace them soon.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
working long hours
productive
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNNovember 1, 2013
Always kept busy
Good co-workers
Very fast paced
Varied job dutys no day is ever the same
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNOctober 29, 2013
Always kept busy good managment good co workers Learned how to properly clean and sanitize equipment and areas
Great Company to work for.
System Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNSeptember 5, 2013
Gained good industry experience. Learned SQL and improved on my communication skills.
Fun place to work. Great people.
Route Sales Rep - relief driver (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNAugust 23, 2013
Although I was laid off from Old Dutch, I am the first sales rep to ever be laid off from this facility. Old Dutch has been a great place to work with a very supportive staff and good training program. Everybody really felt genuinely sorry to see me have to leave. The hiring manager even offered to give me a referral and gave me a lead on another job.
Pros
Weekends off.
Cons
Long hours some days.
Stress
Route Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 24, 2013
In the beginning it was a fun place to work. Now the supervisors let some employees do whatever they want while making others follow all the rules.
Laid back work environment
Packer/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNApril 18, 2013
A typical day at Old Dutch, get to work, punch in, go into the locker room and change into your uniform. Then go out into the production area and look at the schedule to see what machine I'm working on for that day. Go to my assigned machine and start packing bags of chips accordingly into boxes that I already labeled. And go on scheduled breaks during entire 8 hour shift.
Pros
great benefits, and free chips.
Cons
breaks were too short. and management needs retraining.
High-Paced Food Manufacturing Facility
Warehouse/Distribution Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNJuly 17, 2012
Working in the distribution department you have to be ready for anything. This is a heavily unionized workforce. Old Dutch offers great pay among union staff. Management pay is just below competitive. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to accomplish something that seemed impossible. The staff when motivated are very good at getting the job done.
Connected with real people, while working hard.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Owensville, MOJune 26, 2012
I met with many venders and created real and lasting relationships with all my customers. I became the manager under a new owner, and came into a new town only knowing a handful of people. My co-workers were very helpful and welcoming, we are still friends today. The amount of lessons I received are endless but what sticks out are the lessons of running a small business. When the new owner took over there wasn’t a productive business system set up. Together we sent up a functional system and hand in hand turned the company around and almost doubled the profit from the year before. When starting a new business it often comes with long hours and more paperwork then the day allows. I truly loved the people I met and worked with and the lessons learned, but I needed a place where I could grow and constantly be challenged.
Pros
the people i worked with.
Cons
no real opportunity to grow.
Enjoyable, friendly company to work for.
Route Accounting Lead (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMay 1, 2012
A typical day was very busy, I learned how to compile, input data, verify and reconcile data for route personnel wages and analyze and resolve route personnel problems. Management was very considerate and co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Most enjoyable part of the job was reconciling data and the hardest part of the job was trying hard to stay away from all the good food the company would bring in every couple of weeks to munch on.
Pros
all around great company to work for.