Old National Bank Employee Reviews

Horrible management, favoritism
Lockbox Processor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 19, 2019
They let people get away with doing nothing and no one ever gets in trouble when they should. People who try and do a good job pay the price. No one listens to management because they don’t respect them. Total joke. All but a couple workers should be fired, including the management. They don’t care about resolving any issues you have, they just blow you off and you’re expected to shut up. Coworkers would actually Sleep and management ignored it.
Pros
Relaxed office
Cons
Favoritism, differential treatment
Company as a whole good
Teller (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 16, 2019
I did like working for this company as a whole but as within the branch it wasn't the greatest. It was like I was back in high school, there was always some drama and power trips from certain people. Didn't feel like I was apart of the work place and didn't feel like I was getting the pay I deserved. Some employees also didn't like to listen to anything I had to say, was always ignored. Just wasn't the best work environment, should have left sooner.
Pros
Benefits, meeting new people
Cons
Management, pay, some coworkers weren’t the nicest
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 17, 2019
Good place to work with good work life balance. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting the cumbersome computer systems to assist clients. Sometimes the systems would completely shut down and it would take time to log in to all of them again.
Not who they claim to be
Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 7, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job was going home at night. They claimed to have a client-focused mission, but they did not follow it. They were incredibly sales focused and did not have the customer's best interests in mind when they made decisions.
Cons
Stressful environment
Fun place to work!
Teller (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INJanuary 25, 2019
Automation has slowed teller life. but you deposit mail items. keep work area neat assist customers and balance at end of day.

Love working there, treated with respect and hated to leave!
Pros
Nice working environment and close to home
Cons
balancing
Fun laid back place to work
Small Business Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 10, 2019
Love my manager and my co-workers. Management will always help you better yourself and understand you job. They will send you to classes to help you benefit not only in your job, but you everyday life as well.
Benefits
Cons
salary
A facade
Banking (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INJanuary 9, 2019
While the benefits are overall good, this image they portray as being ethical, inclusive and diverse is such a facade. It's all turned to greed and buying banks one after another without fully understanding what this means for the legacy staff in evansville and what's needed to support the additional locations... for instance ADEQUATE STAFFING.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
They don't practice what they preach
A lot of changes
Banker (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INNovember 28, 2018
Went through 2 name changes of this bank and worked in the Walmart location, so hours were horrible. Goals were company driven verses customer driven.
Pros
working with customers
Cons
empty promises
Branch Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Noblesville, INNovember 14, 2018
The management was encouraging and flexible with scheduling. I developed a great zeal of interpersonal skill. I enjoyed meeting people from different backgrounds and was able to build a great rapport with all of them. My people skill has substantially improved during my tenure at the organization.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Compensation
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Vice President - Senior Regulatory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INNovember 6, 2018
The job was fulfilling and the work environment was enjoyable. The job involved preparing a considerable number of regulatory reports under strict time deadlines. I enjoyed doing the reporting from a regulatory reporting aspect and when I used to do the filings from an SEC viewpoint.
Was fun at first then it was about getting customers money
Teller (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INOctober 19, 2018
Would not ever work there again, and would not recommend working there either. Terrible place that is all about getting the big money customers and not caring about the ones that live pay check to pay check.
Pros
Paid time off, holidays off
Cons
They expect you to pull accounts from the street
done
Teller (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INOctober 12, 2018
Old National Bank is a great place to work. Both management and co-workers are great to work with. It was great getting to know your customers.There was no hard part to the job. I loved being a teller.I already knew teller work so I didn't have to learn a whole lot.
Fun and friendly place to work.
Pros
Meeting new people every day
Cons
Pay was not the best
Loved working here
Vault Teller (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 24, 2018
I loved working for Old National Bank. I was a vault teller, back up teller and receptionist relief. I was given enough autonomy to do my job without management looking over my shoulder everyday questioning my decisions. I was a part of a team that handled the ordering of money from the Federal Reserve and sending and receiving money/coins to and from the other banking centers in our region. I no longer work there because they eliminated my position entirely by outsourcing it. I would go back to work for them any time if the right position was available.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
low pay
Great Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 18, 2018
I worked at ONB for almost 5 years. In the last year that I was there, there were some major staffing changes that was forced upon everyone. If you did not like it, it was almost like don't let the door hit you on the way out. I loved my time at ONB, I made wonderful relationships there and I honestly hated to leave. I ended up leaving for a job closer to home and it wasn't anything to do with my job there, the circumstances just made it easier to make the move. I felt like the higher ups of the company did not understand what was happening at the banking center level. The managers and their staff were extremely overworked, there was one person running the teller line and one person on the desk side. To me that is extremely negligent of both the customer experience and the employee. The employee is not able to give good customer service when they are being rushed, working both the drive thru and the lobby. The staffing model they adapted was not right for Owensboro KY, it is still country living and small town vibes. I hope they work the kinks out and they find their groove because it is a great place to work with awesome co workers and benefits.
Pros
Great benefits, great staff, great vacation time, great management at the branch level
Cons
Lack of staff, lack of understanding when it came to change
Terrible
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 12, 2018
Management is terrible. Instead of being able to help you or the clients the assistant manager and manager talk to each other in their office for hours while there are 3+ clients that need help. It’s ok for the manager to leave early to pick up their dog from doggy day care, but if your child is sick they make it seem like it’s an inconvenience.
Benefits
Cons
Management, no teamwork, stressful
Ask a lot of questions even though the answer you get will be false
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 5, 2018
Management turnover is so noticeable that clients are asking why/ they rarely promote from within/favoritism is awful/ some associates have high goals while others do not/new management is unwilling to pull their share of the load in closing hours and workload, but will leave in an instant for a childs ball game. Staffing is down to 3 associates and 1 manager per branch/ rumors of closing a branch next year from management
Pros
great customers
Cons
staffing
Very fast-paced workplace.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INAugust 21, 2018
Very fast-paced workplace. Management trains you very well before you start on the call-center floor. It is hard work and there is a lot to learn. But, once you get started it is very rewarding work. The people you work with are very helpful and encouraging as well.
Pros
Fast-paced, makes the day go by faster and the people you work with are very enjoyable and helpful.
Cons
The hours the changed my scheduling to, and mandatory overtime was not something I could do at that time being a full time single mother.
Typical Banking Center
RETAIL BANKING MANAGER - SALINE OFFICE (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIAugust 6, 2018
basic banking center atmosphere, teller lines, drive thru line, client waiting areas, free coffee stations, televisions with financial news on for clients waiting
Pros
potential growth
Cons
internal communication
Competitive Work Environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 26, 2018
Depending on the team you are on, the job can be great. It's been a few years since I have worked there so I don't know what it is like now. I started before they purchased Charter One Bank. After the conversion, the culture changed drastically. I feel they grew too fast and employees stopped being the focus.
Pros
great customers, great benefits
Cons
competitive, cut throat and stressful
Commercial Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INJuly 24, 2018
Excellent place to work. Several branches - convenient for customers. Great hours open for business clients who juggle time to conduct banking. Team approach.
Pros
Great branch presence.
Cons
No cons to report.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.