Old Navy Employee Reviews

Folded Clothes, talked people into buying cute stuff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNSeptember 25, 2018
I literally folded clothes, turned around, and had to refold because people would mess them up. Dealt with annoying customers on flip flop day and on thanksgiving and survived, so you can, too.
become more efficient
Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, CASeptember 25, 2018
this was a very fast paced job most of the time i was on the floor helping customers and folding cloths working here made me more independent and helped me get work done faster
Pros
networking with other customers
Cons
management, no proper scheduling
A day in the workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CASeptember 24, 2018
It was great working here, my managers always put me in the fitting room and i absolutely loved it! Get to work at your own pace while also helping out the customers. If I wasn't in the fitting room I was in the baby section recovering or even putting baby go backs away. Love kids attire!!
Pros
Discounts were great, everybody was super friendly
Cons
Sometimes the managers would be rude
Poor Management
Brand Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 24, 2018
Poor management between general manager and district manager. Favoritism is a big problem from current general manager at Oakridge Old Navy. Confidential information is spread amongst store leaders and district.
It's nice for a first job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 24, 2018
If you enjoy being a people person, then this job is perfect for you. This job requires you to constantly use customer service skills. They ask you to push on getting people to sign up for an Old Navy card. Daily tasks are checking out people on the register or on the mobile phone; and recovering the store.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Not enough hours.
fast paced and friendly
Stocker Associate (Current Employee) –  Whittier, CASeptember 24, 2018
Fast paced working with a collaborative hardworking team who make the job a lot more fun while also completing many tasks at once and on time before the store is open.
Pros
great environment
Cons
hours
Fun first job
Sales Associate/Placement Associate (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLSeptember 24, 2018
Work place has a lively atmosphere which gives you a boost once walking into work. Employees work as a team to reach goals and have a smooth closing shift. Management team treats you like family.
Cashier/ Sales Associate/ Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 24, 2018
It was a great environment. Loved my my coworkers. Good management, cared about employees. Fun place to work but pay of course is not well. Everyone was family.
Friendly and a bit stressful
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2018
Working at Old Navy we learned something new every day. The days varied from calm to stressful, come managers were a bit rude or too bold for a "workplace". Hardest part has to be given a short amount of time for so many items to either put up or fold.
Productive and friendly atmosphere
Team Member (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2018
Enjoyed working for the company, had a great team while working and getting moves and projects done. Managers worked with you as well. Worked in sales, Cashier, line expediter and merchandiser. Performed many task and enjoyed my time and experience while working at Old Navy.
Pros
Great atmosphere and room for growth
Cons
N/a

Want to know more about Old Navy?

Ask a question
Really bad place to work, please don't work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coloraod Springs, COSeptember 22, 2018
The hours are good at first then they give you less hours over time. They kept sending me home in the last few weeks I was working there with roughly 4 hours a week, or less even! One time they didn't give me work for two whole weeks and their excuse for not providing me hours was because the store isn't doing so well. I remember selling 18 Old navy cards in a month and that didn't even get my hours up because they kept explaining performance relates to your hours. On top of that they don't provide any benefits or raise. I do not recommend anyone working here it is a sad excuse for a job. They also never listen to your concerns.
Cons
No benefits.
very friendly and positive
Providence, RI - Brand Associate (Current Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJSeptember 22, 2018
a lot of customer service. time management skills needed. everyone is very friendly and host a lot of events like pot lucks. hardest part is the pressure to sell old navy credit card. most enjoyable would be the employee discount.
cool place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LA 70726September 22, 2018
i liked working at old navy. it was fun a vibrant the customers were sweet. there was never a problem in the work place if i didnt have school i wouldve stayed
Fun calendar and always an event going on
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COSeptember 22, 2018
This was an excellent place to work I had a wonderful time with an amazing manager staff! Made sure the small things didn’t go unappreciated. Very reliable and understanding management. The day usually goes by because there is always a task to do or a customer to help. Overall a fun and reliable workplace.
Pros
Like to keep things flowing
Job was not well managed like i was told it was
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 22, 2018
It was ok the employees were nice but the management was bad, I always got sent home due to over schedualing and It really ate away at my pocket when they could of easily called and said we dont need you today. Unorganized and when told that very defensive and rude. Tip call and make sure they arnt over staffed first
Pros
Shorter shifts
Cons
Cutting peaopke from shifts alot
productive place
over night crew (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 21, 2018
This company is good for all positions, busy if you like fast-paced jobs, catch on quickly.i learned how to do inventory and unload the truck with merchandise, hardest part of the job was finishing your task on time.. and if you finished on time you can move to help someone in need, the most enjoyable part of the job was it being overnight..everyone got to know one another since the staff at night was a handful.
Pros
hour brake, work without customers in store
Cons
dusty environment in up high area
Old Navy is a fantastic company to work for.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 21, 2018
Old Navy was my first job, and was the best thing that I could have done. Working for this company provided me with over 5 years of customer service, and taught me everything that I needed to know about retail and how to deal with people.
It's a good company to work for
Brand Associate (Current Employee) –  Newark, DESeptember 21, 2018
Typically, I would arrive early, gather my bearings and clock in. I'd grab my MPOS and a radio, then find a manager to let them know I've arrived and see where I'm needed/scheduled for. Most days I'll be given a specific shop to work through, recovering the shop, and some days I'll get pulled from the recovery and be put on register- even if I'm not scheduled as back up. Trying to ensure I'm getting the department done, but I can't in only 4 hour shifts and being pulled out of the department for other things. I do like the people I work with, but it's just hectic and can be stressful to try and cram 8 hours worth of work into 4.
Each location had break areas for the fun of all associates. It was a requirement for all stores to have a break area for knowledge and recognition.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARSeptember 21, 2018
Great company to work for as you can see I was with the company for 18 years. They are owned by Gap Inc. but the Brand I worked with was Old Navy. I loved the fast paced environment. The company is very structured and you know exactly what is expected of you to achieve your goals. The door was open to anyone who wanted to move forward with this company. Benefits were a plus at this company. My leaving the company was a very hard decision, however, at the timing of my husband's death, I did not feel I could motivate a Leadership team through the holiday time. I have traveled the globe with this company and have enjoyed the adventures from working with other stores to volunteering with my peers to help those in need. Great company.
Great retail job
Brand Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85705September 21, 2018
I worked at Old Navy in college. It was a great college job to have. They always worked with my schedule and gave me time off when I put in the request. The management was great and friendly. It was a retail job so numbers were always a big deal like, how many emails you get a day, how many credit cards you get people to open, and so on. The thing I did not like the most was the press to have people open credit cards, but I understand the importance for the company.
Pros
Great management, great discounts at all Gap Brands
Cons
Numbers pushed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42.5K
31.8K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.3Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.