Old Navy Employee Reviews

Found 7,178 reviews matching the search See all 7,888 reviews
Poor management that expected too much
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 20, 2018
I worked as a sales and service leader and also a department manager. I was with Old Nvy for over 2 years. During my time there the expectations set upon the lower managers and the brand associates was ridiculous. The store manager and assistants sat in the office while giving all the lower managers the task of running a store that had 2 associates on a busy day because of payroll cuts. I was expected to work overtime even though I was hourly because work didnt get finished by the salaried managers. The worst was when we had a visit from corporate. The corporate managers travel in a pack and just shred you alive. They are never positive, cut you down, and left my whole store team in tears after a visit. Absolutely uncalled for, especially when we all just put in 55 hours that week to get ready for their visit. They treat you like you are beneath them when in reality your the one doing all the grunt work.

The associates were great. Upper management was horrible and the regional managers and above are the absolute worst people I've ever met. I'd never work for this company again even if they offered me double my salary.

If your hiring into a management position, beware they will sell you rainbows and talk about the great culture. It's a lie. There were 15 out of 16 managers that quit in my district. Turnover is horrible because the job is horrible and corporate doesnt care about making their people happy.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Upper management, work life balance
Great workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 20, 2018
Good discounts, sometime good hours and hoilday times were sometimes crazy but it gave you more hours to have better checks in all....................
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
It was good
Women's Merchandise Lead (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 19, 2018
Great job that kept me on my feet constantly feeling productive. We had 1 hour breaks and paid 15 min breaks. There was a good discount on merchandise.
Pros
Hefty discount, good breaks
management
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 19, 2018
Great place to work, they always provided the chance to keep growing up and also to make a career in a really good business. They also gave me the chance to be a team leader and learn how to treat with the people to get better results in the work.
Fun but Stressful
Fitting Room Associate/Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92154November 19, 2018
What you'll like: the discount, sick pay, fun coworkers and good management (I've worked at 4 different locations).
What you won't like: lazycoworkers
Pros
sick pay, discounts, rewards program
Cons
low minimum wage, lazy coworkers, lenient managers, picking up the slack
Productive and very professional yet friendly
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orland Park, ILNovember 18, 2018
When I came into work at Old Navy, I have not felt the pressure of being a sales associate and the duties that come along with it. Although this is only some of the time. When the store would get busy there was always stresses and things that needed to be done. Indeed, this is a retail and ,most importantly, a costumer service oriented organization, yet there were some things that can be involved. For example, if the store is becoming a mess and there is merchandise in places they do not belong, we are not allowed to use folding carts in order to organize more proficiently. This makes it very difficult to get into hard to reach places with merchandise blocking a place that needs to be fixed. The given reason behind this is that it is not appealing and they take up space where people can walk and browse. To myself, I believe that the unappealing part is true but it makes the duties that a sales assoicate have to do harder than need be.
Constant work
Brand associate (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCNovember 17, 2018
It wasn't a bad job, they just expected you to do more than you actually could in said amount of hours; Then they would threaten to make you stay and finish it.
Pros
Worked independently
Cons
Rediculous expectations
Great place for grade3 and up
Business & Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZNovember 17, 2018
Great only for part time and little hours for associates, but after moving up and getting promoted after your first year management that’s when benefits start kicking in
Old navy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 15, 2018
Hardest part is learning where everything goes other then that you are good to go. Co-workers are there and available to ask for help when managers can’t be found.
okay for a kid in high school or college
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  NYNovember 15, 2018
This place was daily drone of going no where. Worked hard, created positions that didn't exist only to watch them give it to someone else. Watched plenty of shady managers cut the throat of others on their pathway to promotion.
No summary
Sales Associate (ROP Retail Marketing) (Former Employee) –  Downey, CANovember 15, 2018
I was still in high school and worked two days a week. I’m just grateful that my high school gave me the chance to have a work experience and interact with coworkers.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Decent First Job...
Brand Associate (Cashier) (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 14, 2018
Working at Old Navy as a first job really helped with me gaining neccessary skills needed to put on my resume. Despite the unfairness that goes on, very good environment to work in and a great starting pay.
Pros
Awesome benefits and career advancement
Cons
Can’t change your position. Lack of fairness. Bossy associates.
Productive and fun to be.
Store Specialist & Associate (Former Employee) –  Daytona Tangers OutletNovember 14, 2018
Quick paste. Poorly supervised, on details task need it for a great performance of the store. Tasks incomplete most of the time> Not enough payroll for scheduling.
Pros
Bake goods on weekends and discount employee
Cons
get stuck in one position, just because you're the only employee good at t.
Awesome job
Part- Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXNovember 14, 2018
Good job to work for i had a really good experience. Nice work environment... understanding bosses and supervisors . Flexible schedules if you have an emergency pop up
Enjoyable company culture, frendly management, cool gadgets.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, MDNovember 13, 2018
The best thing about working at old navy is that you get a lot of experience working in different positions. For example, on a typical day, you would be both a sales associate and a cashier. You are also given he opportunity to work different kinds of shifts, such as shipping and handing, cleaning, fitting room and organizing the sales floor. it is not at all monotonous and you become a well rounded person.
Pros
employee discount, flexible hours
Cons
schedule can be erratic
Productive, fun workplace, friendly management, relaxed environment.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  State College, PANovember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at Old Navy, underwent slight turnover with management while I was there, but overall good management. Enjoyed my coworkers, work wasn’t too stressful, easygoing.
Pros
Pay raise after 6 months, monthly surveys for employee satisfaction
Cons
Store tended to be dusty
Average retail job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VANovember 13, 2018
On the average at Old Navy one has to take care of folding clothes and sorting them, personally greeting every customer and asking if they need assistance. There are specific ways that you are supposed to fold or sort items, but its altogether average for a place of work.
Pros
Item discount, flexible hours
Cons
small number oif shifts, hours based on sales.
Overall Great Place To Work
Assistant Store Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 13, 2018
Short of the long hours and never ending t-shirts to fold. This is a decent little job. This is a fast paced environment and will wear you out at first if you are not used to it.
Old Navy Review
Visual Merchandising Manager (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXNovember 12, 2018
I loved the atmosphere. Im a retail queen, and Old Navy allows the workers to express themselves with your clothing choice. Also, pay is great, and if you work hard and show potential climbing up the corporate latter is a breeze.
Summary included.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Boardman, OHNovember 12, 2018
Overall, I have learned so much working with Old Navy. If you would have asked me six years ago, “ do you see a future within retail?” I would have said no. Now that I have gained the knowledge, worked along side a huge profitable company and put in the long hours I’m ready to conquer and excell within a company my family and friends have previously worked and driven for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Old Navy.

Powered by Comparably