Old Navy

Old Navy Employee Reviews

United States11,153 reviews

Found 11,153 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,385 reviews
clothediscountstoreretailcardfoldingfittingcredit

Understaffed and much expectation of employees

Depending on who I was working with, this could be a positive place to work. They place much emphasis on their income and some value on their employees. I learned a lot about working with people, was able to use my spanish, and I was given some responsibility.

Only care about company

This particular branch only cares about the success of the company, not you as an individual. Good money but not worth the hassle. Management will not work to meet you where you are at, they only care about themselves. Will talk badly about you if you don’t comply with them.

Pros

30 minute lunch break

Cons

No benefits, management

Old Navy insights

Based on 5,374 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Fun....until it's not

It's really a decent place to work, most of the time the biggest annoyances is the constant pushing for loyalty and credit account sign-ups. Management can be pushy, but it's really not that bad.

Loved it

I loved working at Old Navy. I only stopped working there because I moved away and now there isn't a close location to me and I truly do miss it. Most of my managers were super helpful and willing to answer my questions, only one or two of them were unreasonable at times. But the work environment was positive and encouraging overall. I started as a general sales associate and later on I worked mainly starting at the truck shift at 4am and I helped unload and I got promoted (no pay increase though) to accessory lead so I spent a lot of time setting up accessory displays and organized the boxes in the back of house and I got other people to help me with my accessory tasks. I'd help with other store operations like cashiering, recovery, etc. if it were needed.

Great benefits, horrible pay, and horrendous work life balance

I literally worked here for 4 months before I realized I needed to leave. During the interview process I was lead to believe one thing and once hired, I realized I was misled. The pay was not competitive at all with even the other stores in the area, the company eliminated so many positions or hours of pay needed in order to for even the most basic of things, like LP or hospitality, and as the shipment lead, you are also required to the jobs of upper management (payroll management, training new hires, cleaning of store, that your own work isn’t considered priority, and are then asked to stay later than your shift to complete assignments. I would leave work exhausted all the time. Overworked and severely underpaid. Discount is so confusing, that it’s not worth using.

Great place to learn

Great place to get started in the workforce, willing to train and teach anything. Definitely room for growth. I was able to gain efficiency that I could carry into other jobs.

Good high school or college job

The job is easy if you’re very interpersonal. Managers can change often and they’re all different. Con is working holidays and weekends. Besides that, it’s a good high school job

Laid back mostly

Interview process was nice as well as the work environment. Everyone got along. The only annoying part of this job was that they really expected you to look for people who were stealing when some people do it for a living

Great first job

Old navy is a great place to work for your first job, they train well and take care of their employees. You learn a lot about the retail environment, customer service, problem solving etc. Almost all higher ups have your best interest in mind and will do their best for you. The only problem - once you’ve worked there for a while the workplace can become dramatic and slightly toxic. You get very close with your other associates, it just requires a good work/life balance.

Only good for seasonal

My time here was alright, I would only work seasonal. Management at the time had favorites and made us feel bad. The break rooms weren’t kept up to date. The store manager was very rude.

It’s ok

Helped customers. Ordered for customers. Put stuff away. Rang at cash register. Part time. Flexible. Easy job to do. Loyalty programs are part of the job. Open credit cards and enroll customers in rewards.

Accepting people

The people were accepting everyone was kind but you will not get a pay bump if you don't get cards. I worked there for 6 months with bare minimum wage and didn't get one.

No work life balance

Too much drama on upper field.Unrealistic expectations. Nothing is ever accomplished. Changing their mind every day. Spend a lot of payroll for training just to turn around and change it in couple weeks or the next day , then doesn't give us hours for it because we already spent it with the first project.Never sticks to the plan. Everyone work over night over hours for corp visit that never show up. The getting in trouble for over spend on the hours.Zoom calls for every little thing. And if you are off, you better park on the side and be on zoom call wish camera. Consistent texting from upper field and team. Absolutely no work life balance for GM.

Meh

Old Navy does love diversity but they do not like it if you have limited availability. 9 times out of 10 the store you work at will outsource management rather than promote the hard workers in the store.

Pros

Employee Discount

Cons

No room to advance

Enjoyable place to work

If youre looking to work retail this is a great place to work!! Amazing employee discount, staff was all friendly and worked with students around their schedules!

Messy Job

Terrible management team. They always create drama, it feels more like highschool than an actual workplace. There were always people getting hired then leaving after just a few weeks/month because of how toxic the environment is.

Great for a first job

Workplace and environment can be fun, but there is very low pay. You will encounter shoplifters very often but the overall tasks are not very difficult

If it’s your first job…ehh I guess..

There’s no clear hierarchy of management within stores. This means you might bring up a concern to one manager, but they don’t tell other managers. If you have any sort of issue they are not interested in accommodating or helping. They will smile to your face and write you up behind your back.

Pros

Discounted clothes

Cons

Just apply yourself and find something else.

Great for young people looking for part time work

Typical day, folding clothes, loading shelves, helping costumers working holidays is fast paced but your shift goes by fast. Very easy work just keep up your pace.

Nope

Depending on the location, this is a terrible job to work. Under paid and over worked. Management is rude, is hierarchical, does not allow for advancement, and will expect you to do their job without their pay. Avoid at all costs

Fun

Fun place to work. Christmas season was busy but still fun. The staff was great and everyone got along well. I would highly recommend this place for a young adult, good place to gain customer service experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Navy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight