Old Navy Employee Reviews

Found 7,380 reviews matching the search See all 8,118 reviews
An energetic, focused environment with a friendly atmosphere.
BRAND ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 18, 2019
This particular store shows strong pillars of trust and respect, while maintaining a friendly inclusive environment for all it's employees. Management never ceases to be encouraging and approachable while keeping associates on task and motivated. Work distribution and daily work expectations are reasonable and assigned fairly.
Fun, easy place to work and meet new people
Department Manager / Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJanuary 17, 2019
Working at Old Navy for the last year and a half has been fantastic for me. I started there in high school and it was an enjoyable way to learn more about the fashion world, customer service, and of course make extra money on the side. After I graduated and was promoted to manager, things got a bit more stressful, but my fellow management helped me learn so much and got me through my first holiday season as a manager.
I will always recommend Old Navy to people looking for work, because it's a relaxed environment but you learn so much. The staff is friendly and helpful and working at Old Navy helped me come out of my shell and get better at communication and over a lot of anxieties I had in terms of workplaces.
Old Navy
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CA 95678January 17, 2019
Absolutely amazing workplace. Caring and fun loving individuals who work hard and love their jobs. Gave me the opportunity to grow in skill sets as well as customer service. Love the people!
fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 17, 2019
relaxing work place always meeting new face. great management , long hours, easy training, long hiring process. easy breaks. understanding management .
the most enjoyable part of the job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange Park, FLJanuary 17, 2019
My most enjoyable part of my job was being able to help people create different styles while providing the best customer service that I could provide.
Horrible work environment
BRAND ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 17, 2019
One of the managers harassed another into quitting and the manager that quit was treated like she was inferior while she was working there. They aren't flexible with hours and don't even try to work with you.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
horrible managers
A fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fort, ALJanuary 16, 2019
Working at old navy and in retail period is fast paced, especially during the holidays. You get experience in dealing with customers, money and you learn how to correctly fold a shirt and pants.
Fun but doesnt invest in employees
specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 16, 2019
you fill a roll, but the advancement of a career there is slim. Basic retail, great starter job. great discount. team atmosphere but can be clicky. Normal retail job
Bad hours and management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJanuary 16, 2019
I had worked at this company for 4 months and in that 4 months I had worked a total of 64-80 hours. I had repeatedly asked for more hours and even tried to cover other co-workers shifts to get more hours. Every time I met with management to try to get more hours I was either brushed off or met with just a bad attitude and excuses. If you need to make some actual money to pay the bills don't work at this location. I'm sure the other stores aren't managed this poorly.
Cons
no communication between management and employees, lack of hours.
Relaxed workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 16, 2019
It is a job where one can meet a lot of people, however, the shifts they give you are entirely random, based on your availability, and you never have a set day, or days, that you know you'll always work. There is also the fact that you don't get training in other areas of the job, even if they need people for it and know that those people are available to do it, so that leaves you without the opportunity of getting more shifts to work.
Pros
15-minute breaks in between hours (paid; not applied for lunch break, which is 30-minute unpaid), fun environment
Cons
Not many hours, at least if you're seasonal; communication's not that good between employee-manager
fun work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 16, 2019
i enjoyed working there in y teenage years. i made enough pay or my phone bill and other things i wanted to do but now that i live on my own, ill needed something else.
Very busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAJanuary 16, 2019
I had really good hours at Old Navy especially because it was the holiday season. Working there was kind of chaotic but taught me a lot of skills dealing with customers, co-workers, and mess.
productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 15, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is when closing the store and you and your coworkers have to clean up the store; and your coworker puts on some good music and y'all start to sing. later on the night y'all start doing a sing competition.
ok place to work
Logistics Team Member (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 15, 2019
this was a good and fun job I only left because I moved some of the managers were nice and very understanding only thing not much opportunity to advance
Large turn over rate, Manager Team sucked, Hours sucked
Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJanuary 15, 2019
Hours were low, 3.75-5 hour shifts. Pay $10
Manager team didn't listen when you asked for hours and kinda only care about the store then you. I called in sick one day and they were mad and said they could fire me over calling off, the funny thing is that was the first time I called off in a year.
Large turn over rate bc people could do the managers and low hours.
Worked with your schedule, I was a full time student so they worked around my classes
Pros
Worked around my classes, Unlimited time off but unpaid
Cons
Low hours, short shifts
It's fine
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJanuary 15, 2019
Yeah, you're working for old navy. It's retail. It isn't fun but it isn't bad. Not fulfilling, obviously, but that isn't why you're there. You're a cog in a machine.
Productive, fast-paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MOJanuary 15, 2019
Old Navy is a great place to work. They give you a clean , cool environment to work in. It’s easy to put up shifts due to the group you are added in upon employment.
productive and very busy in the holidays
Intern / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Clock in at work then start off with go backs. Meanwhile maintaining safe and sanitary area for costumers to shop. Ask costumers if needed any assistance with searching for merchandise. Fold clothes in neatly manner. Connecting with the costumers is my favorite because I only most of the day to myself and i'm always happy to help out a costumer.
It was a fun and collaborative place for a safe and easy work environment
Floor worker - Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJanuary 14, 2019
Through my time at Old Navy, I was able to be a part of a group who wanted to help others and to help them find what they wanted for them or for their family. A typical day consisted of going in at five in the morning waiting for the shipment truck and to open up the boxes and help set up the store before we opened for customers to come in. Then I would help the customers find what they were looking for and also help fold clothes, put shoes on the shoe racks and help reorganize the certain department of the store we were working on. The workplace culture and management was both fun and reasonable where if there was a problem we were able to figure it out and move on to the next problem with the help from the staff and the managers. The hardest part of the job was sometimes there was a lack of communication when reorganizing a certain department and we would have to start all over. The most enjoyable part was helping customers find the product they came to the store to look for.
fun workplace
Brand associate (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCJanuary 14, 2019
old navy is a great place to work and I learned a lot of customer service skills at old navy. the job was pretty self explanatory and great for a first job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K
42.7K
31.9K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Old Navy.

Powered by Comparably