Old Navy Employee Reviews

31.7K
Found 6,635 reviews matching the search See all 7,292 reviews
workplace culture
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 19, 2018
Old Navy was a great place to work. I enjoyed helping customers with their fashion needs. I learned a lot of great skills, working hands on with customers is the best learning tool.
No balance
Men's Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 18, 2018
There is no balance with old navy. Management styles are poor. The culture very from store to store. The hardest part is waking up at 2 am to be at work at 4.
Fun place to work, can be stressful.
Brand Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 18, 2018
The working hours per day were never long enough for me. My manager is awesome but I only average 4-5 hour shifts. This is my first retail job, so maybe that is typical. The short shifts are just not practical for someone who has to pay their own bills. The hardest part of job is the pressure to sell the company credit card. The managers push and push the associates to get credit cards constantly.
Working during the busy holidays
Brand Associate (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILJuly 18, 2018
Working during holidays were crowded and the store would be highly disorganized even after cleaning areas. Still a okay place to work overall if you need money.
Pros
Holidays they provided treats. They raised your salary slightly on holidays.
Cons
Not paid enough and will ask you to work overtime.
Fun and simple place to work at.
Store Associate (part-time) (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 18, 2018
Great place to work at. Job is simple and fun, and my coworkers are nice. Also, depending on your job at Old Navy, you can wear headphones to listen to music which is a huge plus.
Pros
Simple and easy job, fun experience.
Cons
Not having a permanent schedule as shipments differ sometimes, affecting work schedule.
.Busy
Customer Service Associate / Cashier (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 18, 2018
.Busy. We work alot so we can get the job done. We are very fast paced and we try to not let the store get dirty and messy so we work on different task frequently.
old navy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJuly 18, 2018
Working in retail is hard work at the same time must know how to manage your time and have communication skills, fast paced obtain to goal of sale and fold lots of clothes
Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYJuly 17, 2018
I didn't like the management making us to work faster to make sure that clothes get handle in the racks on time before the store opens. The employees were nice and friendly to me.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short Breaks no benefits
Productive work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverhead, NYJuly 17, 2018
It wasn’t bad at all. They would always have snacks I. The break room & always made sure you had your break. Most of the coworkers were friendly & no one ever gave me any problems.
Pros
Guaranteed break
Cons
Short hours
Overall a nice place
Sells Associate (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJuly 17, 2018
Did everything I could do there from running on register stocking products truck and customer service making sales and cleaning the store and restrooms etc.
Pros
Discount
Cons
To highly priced
Goof Company
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60605July 17, 2018
Working for this company is pretty good because they are flexible with your tie and hours being a high school or college student. I think its a great start to get customer services experience.
Fun place to work
BRAND ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDJuly 17, 2018
Some managers are rude to you and when things are going wrong they’re excuse is “it’s retail get over it”. There isn’t any team work really. You’re not allowed to talk to your coworkers basically make friends with them. There’s a lot of rules of what you can and cannot wear. The managers are rude to other managers and everyone talks about everyone. The only good thing is the money and shifts. But the most a high school student can get is 4 hours a day unless your 18.
Pros
50% of merchandise discount
Cons
Short breaks
Great first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNJuly 17, 2018
This job for anyone can force someone out of their comfort zone for the better! Old navy also has strong core values and I admire the company for all their charities and work they put in. Definitely would never want to work in any other retail store.
Pros
Discount
Cons
retail is not for everyone
Nice company, Very accommodating
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJuly 16, 2018
A typical day at work is easy, instructions are clear and goals are set. I learned how to solve problems as an individual and as a team. Management was nice, and typically fair. Workplace culture was easygoing. The hardest part of the job was the inconsistent hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a close-knit team of associates.
Pros
Accommodating schedules
Cons
Lack of hours
Job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2018
Everything was good and the hours and the staff and the managers was every flexible and will to meet and other things and I like that they understand that it was good to listen to employees ideas
Its a busy place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 16, 2018
They constantly have new sales going on so it's always busy especially during the Holidays. Have to keep your spirits up in order to deal with long lines and impatient customers and make sure you the customers leave satisfied even after standing on a very long line for sometime 2hrs
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks not enough hours
Fun and Upbeat workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKJuly 16, 2018
Although it was fun working here, they hire on too many people at once and expect you to be available when someone else was not. Also, there was very little opportunity to gain excess hours or have a steady workflow throughout the week.
Inconsistent and aggravating
BRAND ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJuly 16, 2018
Expectations are very high for what they pay. Management is very unappreciative and all they care about is their numbers rather than our comfortability. Advancing in this job is probably the hardest thing ever, since they do not care about your performance enough to actually appreciate you and promote you. Management only cares about themselves and nobody else. Another problem would be the inconsistency of the hours scheduled. One week you might get 35, another week maybe 6. They hire too many people at a time (that they do not have time to train) and throw the responsibility of training them on us, the front desk associates, without compensating us for our hard work.
nanenennennenenen
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 16, 2018
very fun very cool gives good pay and gives good hours the manages are really awesome and cool they are also friendly and helpful the co workers are very nice
Inconsistent
Sales Associate, Cashier, and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAJuly 15, 2018
Even though this job taught me a lot of patience, the difficult part of this job was the inconsistency on hours. Some weeks you could get 40 hours and others you may get just 8.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

58out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Old Navy.

Powered by Comparably