Old Navy Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 1,634 reviews matching the search See all 8,534 reviews
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Riverside, ILApril 21, 2019
Great coworkers and benefits. Very flexible hours. Learned about stock work and customer service. Caring and understanding staff. Moved up in company. Started out in stock and became head cashier.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short breaks
Retail Job
Sales Associate- Cashier (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 20, 2019
What you would expect from working a retail job during college. Money is not great and they have a high turn around percentage, but the position is mostly for college students that are not looking to make it a permanent job anyways.
Old Navy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOApril 19, 2019
I worked at Old Navy while in high school. It was a great part-time job. Flexiable hours. I did not work there full time so I am not sure how the benefits are.
Seasonal employees get ready to get less hours than everyone else
Brand Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2019
Working at old navy was pretty fun, management was cool and helpful. In the beginning you have some really good hours and get a better understanding of asset protection and what not, if you so happen to miss a day or come in late then it’ll be tallied up and you wouldn’t be able to work that kind of shift later on. Really short hours, about 15-20 a week, maybe less if you’re a high school student.
Pros
Discount on merchandise
Cons
Short shifts, not enough hours, not enough pay
Would have loved to learn a different role
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2019
Working with clothes can take a lot out of you. As soon as you fix a table you turn around and it needs fixed again . The pace is quick so you have to be able to keep up.
Pros
The wage was good.
Cons
No opportunity for career growth
company belives in having fun at work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Barceloneta, PRApril 18, 2019
company with potential and continues to grow and expand
fun work culture
growth opportunities
workers have different benefits available to them
competitive advantages in marketplace
Some good, some bad
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaApril 17, 2019
I'm a mid-level manager in store. I've worked for amazing GMs and (currently) a terrible one. The GM makes all the difference. With a bad one: we can't finish any task (as we're constantly re-directed to something very minor), there's little to no communication, we're failing nearly all metrics, and everyone in leadership is searching for another job.

With a great GM, it's a fantastic place to work. If you can land in a well-run store, it is SO much fun! The work is satisfying, the associates can be really delightful, and the customers... well, they're always a mix of fun and challenging.
Pros
Good discount, lots of variety in the work day, pay is fair and benefits are nice
Cons
No sick time - have to use PTO for sick days
Exciting and fun place to work
Brand Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 16, 2019
I like worked for this company. I learned a lot about customer services. Management was okay. It was good. I enjoyed working there. Except sometimes I wasn't getting enough hours because they cut the hours they schedule for me to less.
Good working environment
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 16, 2019
Best place to be, not too strict on dress code, place where I love to shop and had fun with the coworkers. Loving to pick outfits for customers. Good amount of time for breaks
Pros
Lunch breaks even if its part time
na
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAApril 12, 2019
pretty alright tO wOrk here, they had me dO Overtime my first shift On flip flOp day> had tO learn hOw tO navigate the stORe by myself> interesting wORk ethic
Summary
Intern (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 11, 2019
For Cambridge Old Navy, it was decent and sometimes busy. The managers were great and for South Bay Old Navy it was very frustrating. Nobody seemed to know the schedules or anything in the store.
Great workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSApril 10, 2019
The company is easy to work for, Great staff and management that always helps you out.I was never short on hours, had flexibility with my school schedule, and always had an enjoyable work environment.
Perfect job to fill in when needed.
Product Placement/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAApril 8, 2019
Constantly had shifts becoming available. Had an app also which allowed you to offer up or switch shifts with other employees. After 6 months you automatically get a raise also.
Very flexible job.
Product and Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCApril 8, 2019
Great job for anyone in the workforce. Great at helping those with no work experience become comfortable with the work environment. Also great at taking experience workers and showing their full potential.
Pros
promotions and raises
Cons
not very organized
good job to have while in highschool
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 6, 2019
Old Navy was an overall great place to work. The managers at the time were pretty cool and they really worked with me and around my school schedule at the time.
The people who work there are great but working there for only 8 hours for the whole week and no one can live on that.
Brand Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTApril 6, 2019
Its okay. Like i said before people are grwat but the amount of hours suck. You cant live on that. Its not loke a regular 15-20 hour week they will give you no hours whenbits not thebholiday season
First job
Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 6, 2019
Old Navy was my first job and not a very good one. I was trained very poorly and my hours were as little as 4 hours per week. I don't have much to say about this job since I was hardly able to work there.
Poor work life balance
Assistant Manager, Customer Operations (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 5, 2019
Company does not Veiw it’s employees as people. Upper management only cares about meeting goals at any cost. Pays its associates minimum wage and does allow us to give them consistent hours.
Fun
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 5, 2019
Great hours for part time.
Discounts.
Fun place to work.
Great Management.
Easy job.
Relaxing.
Decent pay for part time.
Good culture.
Flexible.
Not stressful
Made no since
Product placement team (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 4, 2019
I was on the shipment crew and had to get up at 3am for two days out of the week. On my paycheck I would have at most 30 hours every two weeks but during the holidays it was always 50+ hours on each paycheck .......Every morning the truck would come in around an hour late and then we would still get fussed out for working slow but the truck was late so it made no since
Pros
Raise after 3 months
Cons
Lack of hours for shipment workers and the truck is always late

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Navy. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K
42.8K
32K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight