Old Navy logo
Old Navy
Happiness rating is 63 out of 100Average

Old Navy Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA1 review

3.1Pay & Benefits

Found 1 review matching the search with 19 related reviews.See all 11,290 reviews

Old Navy insights

Based on 2,714 survey responses
What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction

Way To Much

I am a brand associate and i do shipment in the am. This job is not as relaxed as it seems. I am just here to make money i can nothing about anything else.

Pros

overtime

Cons

money

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Jobs at Old Navy

in Ashburn, VA
See more jobs

Related reviews

19 reviews close to Ashburn, VA

Inclusive management with lots of learning opportunities

It is a very customer oriented job along with lots of recovery and cashiering. Management is usually very nice and organized. You have to be very specific with when you can and cannot work

Pros

Free food, employee discount

Cons

Busy during the holidays, end up staying later than scheduled time

Terrible pay

You can do so much for them but no appreciation and never want to give raises even if you move up as a lead. Work with your hs schedule but expect you to do so much for not even a thank you.

Pros

long lunch breaks

Cons

pay

cool and chill environment

they let everyone who went off to college go without telling them. they switched managers and “fired” their back to school summer workers. didnt matter if you wanted to work more or not.

I liked management, but wasn't paid enough

It was honestly just fine. I felt like I should have been paid more for my work, but I liked our managers so I sucked it up and kept working. I was offered up to 30 hours, but barely got like 20 hours a week.

Good work environment but hard to get hours

It was a good first job, but difficult to get more hours. The pay was good and the people were nice, but the store was often disorganized and poorly managed.

People are great. Company has gone to the trash.

I loved my managers and the people I’ve worked with. However, this company has continued to push towards reach goals and is now setting impossible objectives. The pay is absolute garbage.

Pros

Employee discount, Guaranteed reasonable breaks

Cons

Pay, Impossible Goals, Loyalty, etc

A retail job

I took this job bc I needed extra Christmas money. It wasn't going to be my career. Overall I had fun there and it made it so I could be debt free.

Lots of Employee Appreciation

For 14 an hour, you're expected to do alot. But its a good job depending on location. Managers press you for Old navy cards. Gets annoying sometimes.

Good first job, too demanding

It was a good first job for me. However, as time went on it seemed like everything was revolved around the Old Navy credit card. There's too much pressure from management to get these cards even when customers just don't want to sign up for them. And if you can't seem to get cards, your work schedule will get significantly less.

Pros

Decent pay, good benefits

Cons

Too demanding, can be pressure

Avoid if you can

My worst job yet. Schedule is not good, and management is also horrible. They send you home early many times, just because their business is slow. When it's busy, they don't have enough employees working either.

High demand, high reward

As a manager, you work you butt off every day and are expected to be flexible and always kind. This is not the type of full-time job you can work comfortable while raising kids or going to school. If you work for Old Navy stores, it’s your whole life, so you better make some work friends. Schedules are crazy, customers get intense, and the corporate disconnect makes it difficult to get the resources you need. This can be exhausting, but the company will take care of you if you put a lot of effort into your work. I spent nearly 10 years with Old Navy and worked my way up from the bottom. My willingness to work any shift and complete any task helped me see a promotion every year. Just remember, this is a corporate company, you must play the butt-kissing game and bow down to your many superiors as well as aggressively network in your district to help make a name for yourself. Old Navy stores are amazing to work in but stay away from mall outlet locations. Old Navy has not quite figured out how to serve these locations and many of the successful outlet stores are high stress with rude customers and not enough payroll to go around. One great thing is that Old Navy observes a change or fail mentality and are constantly trying out new things. This does result in some bad ideas, like the “Sellebrity” role they tried a few years back. But this also means that ideas that suck, don’t hang around for too long. I love this company for too many reasons to list here, but remember, it’s retail, and retail sucks for a lot of reasons, but Old Navy is great.

Pros

Amazing benefits, great pay, awesome growth potential, fun co-workers, diversity in your work day, awesome training and development

Cons

part-time has no benefits, can have a terrible and disrespectful customer base (Tons of Karens), exhausting hours, a bad GM brings down the whole store, upper field cares little for in store employees and can be very snobby and unhelpful.

Productive meets creativity

I am engage because I’m empowered to make discussions that increase the business and I feel trusted to do the right things. I believe the work I do is appreciate.

Pros

Creativity, flexible schedule, teamwork, accountability

Cons

Pay scale

Ugh

Management is nonexistent but it’s really not there fault but higher ups. They’re constantly replacing management instead of providing them with the help and resources. Regionals are power hungry and look for everything your doing wrong. Very shady, backstabbing work culture you’ll never have job security in this company and all this from a simple work associate. Great for first time job though, it really opens your eyes to how the real world works like.

N/a

Great place to work for with customers to get you out of your shell, very friendly team members also great benefits for family and friends! For holiday season

Its okay

Hours are not too good after holidays so i have too look for a new job and its hard getting a new job after holiday season especially cause people wasted all their money

Pros

Pay is good

Cons

Hours not too good

Great

Wonderful to work there, great place to meet new people and expand your experience in retail, from knowing the store inside out by processing and running clothes on the floor to cash register by getting to know your customers more by conversation.

Need a job

I open boxes hung them on a rack and processed them...take them to the sells floor also clean up the sells floor for excellent customers service attend customer complaints

everything is good without benefits

It was a good experience. But I faced some issues with salaries rater, they are giving different hour rate for different employee for the same position. It was a negative side from me. overall I liked their diverse environment and hour flexibility system. So doubt on that

Fun place

Fun place to work Nice clothes to buy for myself and family Good discounts Flexible schedule that meets my needs Friendly staff Good location Lovely customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Navy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4K
3.5K
2.6K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight