Old Republic Title Employee Reviews

It was promising at first.
Sales Coordinator & Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, OROctober 11, 2019
I was recruited to work at ORTC, and the promises were awesome. Unfortunately, I wasn't trained and even after asking my boss for assistance and guidance, I still struggled. As a result, my performance was less than expected.

I switched jobs and became a sales coordinator. The job I transferred was changed after I started. I was very disappointed and ended up leaving the company as a result.
If you have knowledge and skills, dont waste your time
Commercial Escrow Officer (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 10, 2019
The supervisor in one department is rude, obnoxious and a complete HR nightmare. She has no knowledge of the industry and thinks that being a bulldog is the answer. She enjoys stirring the pot between employees.

The Akron office is like working in a morgue. Nobody truly enjoys their job and the overall culture is depressing. They do little things but it's not helping.
Great workplace environment and very detailed training From experience staff.
Curative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 9, 2019
I throughly enjoyed working here, great people and helping customers with mortgage title issues provide me with a sense of gratitude. The team goals were clear and achievable, the company kept us trained and up to date on changes in the industry locally and nationally.
Great Learning Experience and Promote within
Escrow Closer/Vendor Management (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 30, 2019
I loved working for ORT (Akron, Oh). I was a temp for 2 years, hired in and promoted to a better paying position. I enjoyed my team and enjoyed going to employee functions. The biggest disappointment was the layoff. Multiple departments were laid off due to the crashing real estate market, which I lost my job after being with company over 4 years. Now here is the kicker, when they began to hire again I didn't qualify to return (per corporate). I spoke to multiple supervisors that I worked with and they couldn't even understand why I could not return. I never had any issues, never written up, stayed over when others would not, traveled through a state of emergency winter storm to get to work, worked every volunteered holiday, etc..... I even offered to come back for less pay (or with a temp agency) because I loved the company but "corporate" said no. I spoke to others that had been laid off with me and they ran into the same issue. They have been hiring using multiple temp agencies but nothing. Corporate has no Loyalty, Integrity or Respect for their employees.
Pros
Coworkers, Learning Opportunities, Career
Cons
Corporate has no Loyalty, Integrity or Respect for their employees
Excellent Company to work for
Vice President (Current Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 18, 2019
The work environment is wonderful and everyone here is very friendly and helpful. The work is challenging and I have learned a lot since working here. There is room for growth and advancement for the right candidate.
Awsome co workers and managers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 16, 2019
Great company. Coworkers were very nice. Laid back atmosphere. Looked forward to going to work. It was a contracted position, but everyone was willing to teach you new things.
Good Benefits, but not great management.
Escrow Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 10, 2019
Rule 1. Management is correct.
Rule 2. Share your ideas
Rule 3. Refer back to rule 1
The work I do is not really difficult, but I have made many suggestions for improvement. They are really not interested in hearing them.
They request that you work hard, but in a relaxed environment.
Order Entry Desk - Title Examiner (Current Employee) –  Addison, TX 75001September 1, 2019
Working at Old Republic has its cons, but over all I enjoy working there
Management makes it fun to be there, it's not all fun and games but it's a, what I would call, a relaxed atmosphere. They go out of their way to make you feel welcome, but they expect you to meet your production goals every day and depending on your position, to work the occasional saturday.
This job was perfect for me.
AR BILLING CLERK (Current Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 21, 2019
I love the company culture, I love the people I work with and for. I believe that I am being paid fairly. The only reason I'm looking for another job, Is that I need to work closer to home.
Pros
Great people
No Flexibility
Escrow Assistant (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 17, 2019
New President has a good vision, should improve the technology and systems used. No standard training for new assistants. Each person is trained based on their officer's style which may not be the "correct" method based on peer feedback. Seems to be a lot of competition between fellow team members instead of a work family environment. Too many women that talk behind one another's backs instead of supporting one another. "Team" effort doesn't seem to be a true value here. The "good" people that are positive and supportive are few and far between.
Fast Paced Collaborative Work Environment
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAAugust 15, 2019
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working for Old Republic Title Company. The only reason I changed jobs is because my boss was retiring. Escrow joins at the end of transactions so it can be very hectic and faced paced at times. The collaborative effort of the entire office helps you to succeed and stay on track.
The pay is lowest in the field and raises are just 1 to 2.5 percent once a year.
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  OklahomaAugust 15, 2019
There is no communication between offices and no one wants fix the problem. It needs training for all employees not just office to office so everyone is on same page.
Pros
Top time
Cons
No training for the whole company and pay
No life
Escrow Assistant (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 14, 2019
Too stressful for the low pay, long work hours. In order to get ahead you have to do a lot of kissing up to the managers. Seems like it's the only way to be able to get recognized and/or be considered to receive any raise.
Office Space In Real Life
Valuations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 12, 2019
Nothing is inherently wrong with Old Republic Title. This is not to be a scathing and vindictive review, on the contrary, it is intended to be an authentic one. The work culture is typical office fare: small talk, office politics, dress codes, somewhat quiet, melancholic. There is a level of apathy in most offices. Human resources have to make a point to liven these places up, but this is somewhat of a lost cause most of the time. I worked at the Old Republic in Orange, CA. The management and people there, for the most part, were ok. There was one manager I really did enjoy being around, he was understanding yet professional. This office is notorious for being a rotating door for temp hires. The up and down nature of this line of work (essentially a form of telemarketing,) requires awkward bursts of overtime and time off. If boring, repetitive, slave work is for you, then work at Old Republic Title. It can provide a stable career, but it's a dead-end one at that.
Old Republic Title
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 28, 2019
A nice company to work for, thankful for the benefits and the paid time off. Some of the office extras such as able to wear jeans and food days are nice to have too.
great team enviroment
Escrow Processor and Closer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 15, 2019
I appreciated how the company operated, my supervisers and my coworkers. It was a family oriented environment with room for growth and advancement. Truly a great company.
No room for growth
Escrow Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 10, 2019
The company in general is definitely a boy's club. The higher level management doesn't even live in the state and the supervisors are just on a power trip. If you let them take advantage, they will.
Pros
Lots of paid time off
Cons
No training; disrespectful supervisors
Poor communication, training and management
Agency Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 24, 2019
In my department, there were a number of expectations regarding knowledge base and performance that, in addition to not being transparent during the interview, were unreasonable given the amount of training we received. The environment was very good; it was relaxed (most of the time) and quiet. It also allowed a lot of individual freedom where you could dictate how and what you worked on when you choose.
It was not enough to make up for periods of high-pressure during deadlines in which everyone, regardless of skill level, was expected to perform at the highest of standards. This is understandable for the nature of the work, but management showed little patience and understanding for the people who were new or learning.
The current managers have poor management skills and are unable to communicate in a professional enough manner for their pay grade. They have little to no discretion and spend a lot of time chatting, which is alienating.
Great place to work!
Escrow Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 24, 2019
I work in a satellite office in Austin with one Escrow Officer. We have a great work flow together and get along well. I feel spoiled by management (home office is in Plano) as they cater lunches when we have closings all day. We each have our own office with a great view of the garden and koi pond. The benefits they offer are competitive and so is the salary, however, I could stand to make a little more for the experience I bring to the company as a former Escrow Officer and the time and dedication I put in. I love my job and take pride in the work that I do and plan to stay as long as they will have me.
Pros
Pleasant location, great co-workers, management, and benefits.
Cons
The commute in Austin traffic is horrid!
An old-fashioned wrokplace, for good or ill
Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 19, 2019
Old Republic Title is an old company, and it shows. While this means that they lean towards full-time employment, good employee benefits and a Monday-Friday work week, it also means that employees are expected to wholly respect management and not ask questions or seek to improve internal processes. Your managers will reap the benefits of your hard work, advancement from a base position is unlikely, and the culture is exclusionary.
If you want a job for a short time before moving on, ORT is a good choice. If you want to advance in your career, steer well clear.
Pros
Full time employment, great benefits
Cons
Conservative power structure, few opportunities to advance, slow tech adoption, no employee culture at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old Republic Title. Our community is ready to answer.