Old World Industries

Working at Old World Industries: 35 Reviews

United States35 reviews

goodjobworktimepeopledaypayenvironment

Best company to work for

Featured review

Old World Industries selected this as a representative review
Best company I’ve ever worked for . Teamwork, Professionals, Very friendly environment, good pay. Good work hours they are very flexible. Building is very nice and modern and clean .

Started out as a good job.

Company policies changed. Beware of job description. Very deceiving. More road layovers then they will tell you. Will want you to go to other terminals for the week if things get slow. On call for weekend work.

Pros

New tractors (day cab), you can manage your load as you want. just be on time.

Cons

Poor communication with drivers. Many things last minute.

Old World Industries insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks

OWI tries hard to show its appreciation, but it may come at the cost of losing your career direction.

OWI has a lot of perks - A fantastic Christmas party, Thanksgiving turkeys, even tickets to box seats at sporting events! Efficiency is not exactly their thing though, and it is beginning to show. Do whatever it takes to win business, even if the manpower or technical capabilities are unable to support it. Corporate reorganizations are an annual solution to the inefficiencies so if hired, you may find yourself in a completely different job title or even have to come up with your own job title.

Pros

Lots of work from home flexibility, Appreciation is awarded periodically with sporting event tickets, Christmas parties, after-work outings and annual bonuses, Coworkers and managers are good as people - enjoyable and relatable once office stress is put aside.

Cons

Sales dictates direction of service but lack familiarity with service capabilities, Reports drive business decisions but data quality is not often looked at, Process improvement metrics and teamwork across departments are generally lacking, A lack of learning and continuous improvement capabilities hinder sustained growth

Bad management!!!!

Don't just walk...run fast and keep running. Bad management all across the board. Unhappy people, and creepy work culture. Stay away from the AP department women are crazy. Don't waste your time there.

Benefits

Cons

Work life balance ...everything about this place so wrong. waste of your time!

Good for fresher and illegal but Worst for legal and experience people

OWI bolingbrook is heaven for illegal worker but who work hard and honestly management dam care if they are not illegal or will not give some things to eat and commission from your salary to your boss. Now 20 employee are illegal who are working from 3rd party. they are getting more hours than OWI employee. Except some people no one happy there because of group sim and illegal people . If you are experience they just learn from you then kick you out by hook and cook. Because after learn your job illegal people will do your job less money.

Pros

manger want to eat free from employee and take commission from illegal

Cons

4 times break in 11 hours job that s good

A good place to work

A great Job, good people, friendly, good pay. I would recommend anyone to work there. my position was eliminated due to the corona virus impacting the company.

Productive environment with high ethical standards.

Great place to work. Very friendly atmosphere, highly ethical work culture. Good balance between work and family. Great communication and fast decision making.

No micromanagement

Company focus is on channel teams. Individual non-interference regarding job duties and responsibilities while interfacing with multiple departments and colleagues to achieve department and corporate objectives.

Old World Industries is a great place to work

This company cares for it people and is a great place to learn about the business world Once you get your feet wet, and are able to work without a safety net, the sky is the limit

Minimalist approach to manufacturing

The supervisor helped me when I needed it. All in all a decent place to work if you don't have a lot of responsibilities. Otherwise, no room to advance.

Acceptable place to work but little room for advancement.

I enjoyed the employees, and it was an acceptable place to work. However, there was little room for advancement. The workload could be stressful more often than not.

Horrible place to work

Manager was HORRIBLE!! Wanted me fired bc I made more $ than her!! Made my life miserable from the start of working with her! I would not recommend this environment for anyone!!

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Poor management

A lot of change but lack of direction

A lot of exciting things happening, but management does not appear to all be on the same page. Direction has changed multiple times within 3 years without consistent communication and, in some cases, the complete lack of communication

Great place to get your career started

I have enjoyed my time here very much. I would recommend it to anyone. I think this place could really take you to new heights in there life. Everyone should wish to work at a place like this

Interesting company; if you're up for it.

There was clearly a line drawn between the leadership and all others. One of the founders was a very personable leader; the other seemed self-absorbed and indifferent to how the company functioned organically.

Pros

High product line recognition.

Cons

If you were "in" you were okay; if you weren't, nothing was certain.

Old World in a New world order

Old world is currently in the process of bringing new world processes and technology into its outdated and often ineffective stroll through corporate america. The culture along with every other aspect of this company will likely change in the coming months.

Relaxed work place with good benefits

Not much by way of job advancement but workplace is laid back and has good benefits. Growing company so it has good job security. Recommend working here for experience.

Company motto " make money have fun".

Fast paced company that is not for everyone. You either love working there or you don't. They will give you initial tools to perform job but it's up to you to make it your own. No hovering or micro managing here. They treat you as adult to manage your business with coaching when needed.

Pros

$ 5 available 3 days week. Medical, Dental, Vision and 401k available. NOT MICRO MANAGED

Cons

No official training program

Decent place to work - people fall into their own groups

Was a learning experience - no real complaints - Like every company it has it pros and cons - Some days good - some not so good - Personally I felt like there was a "Good Old Boy mentality".

Fast Growing Company

Old World Industries is a private company where the leadership has all been with the company since the beginning. They have a very lean work environment but is growing very rapidly.

Old World was bought by Indorama.

I pretty much do the exact same thing along with more responsibilities but again I love the people and love the new office since OLD World was bought by Indorama. So, in reality I've been working with the same people since 2004, just different owners and different name.

Pros

only 20 minutes from home

Cons

dont have any

Common questions about Old World Industries

Answered by current and former employees at Old World Industries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Old World Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits