Questions and Answers about Oldcastle

Here's what people have asked and answered about working for and interviewing at Oldcastle.

View all 94 questions about Oldcastle

What would you suggest Oldcastle management do to prevent others from leaving?

Asked

Help job seekers learn about the company by being objective and to the point.
Your answer will be posted publicly. Please don't submit any personal information. Guidelines

12 answers

First of all remove favouritism, try to be fair and helpful. Secondly too much micromanagement

Answered

Report answer

Be fair-but stern a happy workers a productive worker.work as a team,your crew is together more than at home.

Answered

Report answer

Either make the job tolerable or pay more. They pay hourly 13.50 to do long, hot and back breaking labor. Make the starting pay 15$ ph and work ppl less hrs. Nobody wants to work 14hrs a day 5 days a week

Answered

Report answer

Treat everyone the way you want to be treated if you dont take care of your employees their not going to take care of you. Plain and simple but noone cares thats why oldcastle cant keep anyone for more than a year.

Answered

3
Report answer

When they bought out my former company they should have cleaned house. Oldcastle never changed management and that was the down fall of the company. Until they actually come in and see where the problems are, the turn over rate will remain high. I decided to leave because the old ways were still there, just a new company owner.

Answered

5
Report answer

Only good workers are leaving due to lazy working doing nothing and good workers always do everything cuz at end of the day if it’s not done it bits you.

Answered

3
Report answer

Some workers need to pick up the slack because of them we get no money or chance to rise in the company. It needs fixing people.

Answered

4
Report answer

Two rule books. The one 75% have to follow and live by. Then if you are caught in a situation and break one you are wrote up, or suspended or even fired. Then the one for the other 25%. Do what is convenient for yourself , never worry about company punishing you in anyway. The one where you are expected to be there on time everyday and never miss or the one where you can be late 10 times in a year and miss 7 days and still get your raises when the ones who work on time everyday get theirs. Overall leadership is poor at best. Good at pointing out faults no so much for saying good job on working all year with no accidents and being productive and taking care of our equipment. They honestly think they have 4 good drivers. They are rewarded in several ways. Every other driver is a number.

Answered

5
Report answer

Treatment of employees needs to be better. In the Midway, TN plant, they need to seriously let the scheduling manager quit running the plant! She doesn't like you, you're gone! GM won't say anything out of fear and good people are stabbed in the back daily because of this.

Answered

4
Report answer

Work home balance

Answered - Regional EH&S Manager (Current Employee) - Atlanta, GA

2
Report answer