Oldcastle Employee Review

This place sucks!!!
Spacer bender (Former Employee) –  Covington, GAMarch 23, 2014
This is not a place for a woman. The hours are terrible. The point system sucks. Management is horrible. Hr is a joke.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Everything else

Other Oldcastle Employee Reviews

Terrible workplace
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Clearbrook vaMay 21, 2018
No management no hours people were not friendly couldn't get along with no one is terrible place to work they let husband and wife try to run company no one knows how to run the company
Pros
Cons
Insurance
Safety is a priority until production is needed
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MAMay 19, 2018
The almost 4 years I was employed here I saw major changes in business. We went from servicing small businesses to primarily servicing a big box store. Business was excellent over the past 2 years and summers were always chaotic.

As a Production Supervisor I oversaw production scheduling as well as shipping/receiving. However, my primary job was as a therapists. Every time our regional manager was in the building creating problems my primary task turned into damage control. It was always a running joke in the building. We liked to ask the new people what they thought of him. Usually, everyone said, “He seems like a nice guy.” Our response was always, “Just wait. It’s only a matter of time before you have a run in with him.”

Big businesses like Oldcastle like to advertise how they reward people who are always looking to improve things. In reality,
this is a big business that is all about saving pennies in order to improve their bottom line. They installed boards to track production in every plant in the country. Cameras were installed to watch production and shipping. Big brother is always watching you at every step.

This is a dirty and dusty job where you are expected to work no matter the weather. Production is number 1. The employee is secondary. Hopefully, one day they will figure out that without the employees there is no production. OSHA was here three out of the four years I worked here. The equipment is falling apart and when it does get replaced the replacements are worse than the original equipment.

I used to come into work with a smile on my face everyday.
  more... After our plant manager was demoted and replaced I knew my time here was at an end. I never had a single friendly conversation with the man. The happiest day of my life was the day I resigned and saw the sign in my rear view mirror for the last time.

Please think twice before working for this company. Every day upper management will come up with a way to make your day less enjoyable. It will only be a matter of time before you die a little inside each time you pull into the parking lot.
Pros
Gift cards at Christmas and thanksgiving
Cons
Micromanagement, poor working conditions, low morale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oldcastle. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss