OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT Employee Reviews in Rockville, MD

It was the CEO and executive director.
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 31, 2018
The job was really good and I did not care about the pay. It was the fact that money came before safety. If the animals got sick or hurt it was up to the owner to figure it out. The new ED thought two puppies fighting were playing. She thought a hole in a dogs neck was a scab but she is a "trained vet tech" more like dumb tech. She also does not know how to talk to people at all.
Pros
Dogs and the customers.
Cons
CEO and executive director
Started great until new CEO took over
Day Camp Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 29, 2018
This was a fantastic job and a wonderful place to work until the new CEO took over. Now, taking care of someones dog is apparently similar to pouring someone a shot of whiskey and if a dog gets sick or injured at this place it is now the pet owners responsibility to discover said ailment on their own. There is a total lack of regard for safety for the employees and the pets and because of the change in management very few employees remain that actually care about their job and their customers. The ones that do care try very hard to provide great service to the customers but are usually sidestepped by management. A management team that does not know what they are doing or how to care for an animal in the most basic of ways. Giardia and Kennel Cough outbreaks and fights that the Executive Director claims to just be dogs playing? No, this is no longer a good place to work, far less a good place to take your beloved pet.
Pros
The Animals
Cons
The Management
The most enjoyable part of the job
Pet Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 21, 2018
I enjoy working with animals as they are my theraphy. I like caring for fur babies and assuring their parents are happy when they pick up after boarding with us.
Great coworkers and clients, management is clueless about how to run a pet care facility safely
Daycamp Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 12, 2018
Started as a client and fell in love with the place so much I started working there. Love for the company kept growing until upper management changed and suddenly everything was going down hill. Dogs and staff were getting sick and injured. Management refused to notify anyone when outbreaks happened or even tell clients if their dog got injured. Current director also has no problem employing people that are too rough on the animals (1 dog trainer was witnessed throwing a dog her first day and another body slammed a puppy (thankfully no injuries)). When I left they were taking away all breaks for staff because “they aren’t necessary”. 1 person per 15 dogs is their new goal even though company policy states 2 people in a room at all times to ensure safety of animals and staff. None of the new hires get properly trained in daycamp because they took away the supivisor position. It’s a mess over there last I checked.

This job was by far the most enjoyable job I ever had and I had planned to stay for years. Can only hope they come to their senses soon and do something to get back to being the amazing company they were a year ago.
Pros
Double pay for holidays, great coworkers, amazing clients, decent starting pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management, unsafe work environment