OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT Employee Reviews for Pet Sitter

Truly, a wonderful job!!
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 3, 2019
I've worked with Olde Towne Pet Resort in Springfield for a while now and this is genuinely my favorite job I've ever had.

Yes, it's absolutely fast-paced due to how many clients seem to enjoy bringing their pets everyday. Daycamp is always full of dogs and the pups are always soooo excited to come in and see their friends! Pet care, we walked dogs all day, play with dogs non stop and there's the obvious non-stop cleaning that is a given for anywhere you will work. Seeing the amount of "regular" clients/pets coming on a daily basis 1. shows that our clientele really love us and 2. brings joy to myself because their pets have essentially turned into our pets based on how often we see them.

I would highly recommend working here if you're prepared to have a great time. Constantly moving and staying active throughout your shift is the best because now I don't need a gym membership!!
Pros
Personal pet discount on daycamp, grooming and boarding
management is the WORST
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 6, 2019
The Springfield location is the most stressful place to work at. Everything is impossible when it is extremely understaffed all the time. I was scheduled to work by myself with 60 pets in house and it was the most stressful day for me, and it has happened way too often. I got written up for "rushing things" and not taking the time to do certain tasks. Things here cannot be done without the proper amount of people working because then dogs do not get out for their walks on time. The manager does not schedule enough people so this place is an absolute wreck and PM shift is forced to stay until midnight to finish the tasks that aren't finished in the morning and it is not fair.
Do not work here unless you really need a job. This place is full of toxic managers and stressful work days, I dread working at this place.
Pros
The pets, customers are sweet, associates and staff.
Cons
poor management, low pay, stressful shifts
Cautions
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAFebruary 8, 2019
Working there was what you would expect. It had its busy days, and some easy days. Most days, at least, were packed full and half the time, it would strip you of your 30 minute break for lunch, so you better eat a big breakfast.

Also note, that management is rather lazy, but the managers themselves are typically nice people. But hardly took your interests or requests to heart. Such as them not doing anything about there being a live hornets nest next to your station, or that a certain dog likes to bite you and you Are *Not* Assigned a different dog.

And lastly, if you have any sort of good heart, you would not want to work at This particular OTPR, as ever since I worked there for 3 months, the other pet care associates were so used to their jobs, they forgot that the dogs are living creatures too, and treated the dogs so poorly. Kicking, choking (via lead around throat), yelling, or smacking the dogs' snout.
Pros
Nice management, Decent pay for an easy job, You get to play with dogs!
Cons
Lack of caring from management, poor ethics, lack of safety (no sprinklers or other countermeasures)
Very fast paced and hardwork
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJanuary 2, 2019
This is a kind of job for specific people because it goes by very fast and is a lot of hard work, but it's worth it to me. I worked with such great people and I wish i didn't have to leave from moving away.
Terrible just terrible
Pet Care supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 7, 2018
Very poor pay, understaffed,overworked, no job security,work multiple departments for no additional pay, favoritism is shown on a daily basis and the director does not know how to talk to people
Pros
Cons
You have to pay to bring your dog to work, very poor pay and people of color do not get promoted
Not worth it.
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VASeptember 26, 2018
If you at all care about the job you're gonna do expect to be run into the ground, take on all the responsibilities of a supervisor without any benefits, do the same if not more work than long time employees because they have given up because the company drains them, and expect to feel worthless and be basically neglected (especially if you're due a raise). The few upsides are flexibility and they'll feed you during holidays. The Downsides are you can be locked into your shift hours after your supposed to be off, neglect, weak management, and toxic coworkers.

Trust me. It's not worth it.

However there are a few people there who really, really try their hardest. But the storm around the company is just too strong.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Coworkers, Management, and Overworked
The most enjoyable part of the job
Pet Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 21, 2018
I enjoy working with animals as they are my theraphy. I like caring for fur babies and assuring their parents are happy when they pick up after boarding with us.
Don’t work here unless you have the impost patience
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 16, 2018
I thought I would love working here since I love animals so much but there’s no time to even give individual love to the dogs because the workers so worried about getting everything done so we can get out on time, which never happens anyways. If you work here expect to stay over hours of the scheduale they tell you to because you can’t leave till everything is closed down (at least for pm shifts) the hours are typically the same every week so it’s easy to make plans around it. The management is okay but unorganized. The director is amazing and does his best and truly cares for the pets which is awesome but the workers, not so much. The workers are mostly in high school and boy do they act like it. Some can be the best people ever and some can still be stuck in high school. A lot of people talk here and you’ll most likely get talked about as well. It’s annoying dealing with the people here especially because everyone wants to be in charge so people with the same job title as you will make you do stuff or be rude to you when asking you to do stuff. If you know how to handle high school drama and are willing to work 10 hour shifts by all means apply, but goodluck.
Pros
Meet a lot of furry friends
Cons
Unorganized, drama
Great Job, Rough management
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Ashburn, VAApril 22, 2015
The work was very enjoyable. Sometimes hard work, but always fun to be with the animals. Direct supervisors were awesome, but upper management left something to be desired. (I have been informed from other employees, management has been updated, and is better)
Pros
great work, great co-workers
Cons
bad upper management
Rich Lifestyle for the furry ones
Dog Care Attendant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VASeptember 29, 2012
This place is crazy nice but a little costly. Dogs are well taken care of here. Typical daycare and boarding pets stay here. They get their usual walks and play time. Co-workers were some what friendly depends who you really talk to. Managament was all over the place think things are better now heard they have a new manager. The hardest part was dealing with the last manager. The best part is being able to spend time with the dogs.
Pros
pretty fun work environment. cool dogs. parties for staff
Cons
low income starting out