OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT Employee Review

View all OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT reviews

management is the WORST
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 6, 2019
The Springfield location is the most stressful place to work at. Everything is impossible when it is extremely understaffed all the time. I was scheduled to work by myself with 60 pets in house and it was the most stressful day for me, and it has happened way too often. I got written up for "rushing things" and not taking the time to do certain tasks. Things here cannot be done without the proper amount of people working because then dogs do not get out for their walks on time. The manager does not schedule enough people so this place is an absolute wreck and PM shift is forced to stay until midnight to finish the tasks that aren't finished in the morning and it is not fair.
Do not work here unless you really need a job. This place is full of toxic managers and stressful work days, I dread working at this place.
Pros
The pets, customers are sweet, associates and staff.
Cons
poor management, low pay, stressful shifts

Other OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT Employee Reviews

Truly, a wonderful job!!
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 3, 2019
I've worked with Olde Towne Pet Resort in Springfield for a while now and this is genuinely my favorite job I've ever had.

Yes, it's absolutely fast-paced due to how many clients seem to enjoy bringing their pets everyday. Daycamp is always full of dogs and the pups are always soooo excited to come in and see their friends! Pet care, we walked dogs all day, play with dogs non stop and there's the obvious non-stop cleaning that is a given for anywhere you will work. Seeing the amount of "regular" clients/pets coming on a daily basis 1. shows that our clientele really love us and 2. brings joy to myself because their pets have essentially turned into our pets based on how often we see them.

I would highly recommend working here if you're prepared to have a great time. Constantly moving and staying active throughout your shift is the best because now I don't need a gym membership!!
Pros
Personal pet discount on daycamp, grooming and boarding
Progressive Work Environment
Accounting & HR Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAMarch 1, 2019
This has become my favorite employer yet. The company is all inclusive with its team meetings from top to bottom. New ideas are encouraged from each employee and weekly meets are held for the software team to discuss implementation of shared ideas for change.

I work for the Accounting and HR teams, and the latter has me learning each position within the company so that I can be of better assistance to each employee role. Each location for each role so far seems to be very close-knit, organized, and well paced. It's a family-owned company and likewise has a family feel in the workplace.

Each employee is asked to take a PI Assessment before being onboarded, which is essentially a 2-question prompt that evaluates the way an individual works. My direct managers utilize my assessment results to teach me in a way that is compatible with my learning style. This company takes real initiative to understand their employees on a level of empathy that I have not experienced before.

I have no intention of leaving this company and every intention of growing within it as much as it allows me.
Pros
Progressive work environment, empathetic and empowering management, family-oriented
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT. Our community is ready to answer.

OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT Reviews by Location