OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT Employee Review

View all OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT reviews

Bad management
Kennel Attendant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAFebruary 4, 2019
I can honestly say this was one of the worst jobs I had ever had. The work environment was toxic and lots of drama, obvious favoritism (not for poc of course), horrible management, awful hours, lazy co-workers, low pay, and just being treated AWFULLY by almost everyone. There had been so many times when people put pet’s and other’s lives at risk because they were lazy/didn’t care/or didn’t know how to handle situations. A lot of things wouldn’t get done but people would lie and say it did. Most of the employees don’t care about the pets and if you work in cattery expect to alway work with dogs and basically get told the cats aren’t as important. Supervisors would give medications HOURS late then the pet was supposed to receive them, some people would drag dogs down the hallway, and groomers are rough with the pets. During playtimes a lot of people don’t even interact with the pet, they just sit on theor phone. People get promoted not because they’re good at their job but because they’re friends with the supervisors. You end up doing the supervisors jobs while still having kennel attendant title. Don’t ever expect to get promoted to full time, they’ll work you for full time hours and keep you as part time. The management isn’t good either, the whole company is greddy and doesn’t care about actually giving pets ‘the five star experience’. If you end up working here except to be treated awfully.
Pros
The pets
Cons
Basically everything

Other OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT Employee Reviews

Truly, a wonderful job!!
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 3, 2019
I've worked with Olde Towne Pet Resort in Springfield for a while now and this is genuinely my favorite job I've ever had.

Yes, it's absolutely fast-paced due to how many clients seem to enjoy bringing their pets everyday. Daycamp is always full of dogs and the pups are always soooo excited to come in and see their friends! Pet care, we walked dogs all day, play with dogs non stop and there's the obvious non-stop cleaning that is a given for anywhere you will work. Seeing the amount of "regular" clients/pets coming on a daily basis 1. shows that our clientele really love us and 2. brings joy to myself because their pets have essentially turned into our pets based on how often we see them.

I would highly recommend working here if you're prepared to have a great time. Constantly moving and staying active throughout your shift is the best because now I don't need a gym membership!!
Pros
Personal pet discount on daycamp, grooming and boarding
management is the WORST
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 6, 2019
The Springfield location is the most stressful place to work at. Everything is impossible when it is extremely understaffed all the time. I was scheduled to work by myself with 60 pets in house and it was the most stressful day for me, and it has happened way too often. I got written up for "rushing things" and not taking the time to do certain tasks. Things here cannot be done without the proper amount of people working because then dogs do not get out for their walks on time. The manager does not schedule enough people so this place is an absolute wreck and PM shift is forced to stay until midnight to finish the tasks that aren't finished in the morning and it is not fair.
Do not work here unless you really need a job. This place is full of toxic managers and stressful work days, I dread working at this place.
Pros
The pets, customers are sweet, associates and staff.
Cons
poor management, low pay, stressful shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT. Our community is ready to answer.

OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT Reviews by Location