OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT Employee Review

View all OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT reviews

Great coworkers and clients, management is clueless about how to run a pet care facility safely
Daycamp Associate (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJuly 12, 2018
Started as a client and fell in love with the place so much I started working there. Love for the company kept growing until upper management changed and suddenly everything was going down hill. Dogs and staff were getting sick and injured. Management refused to notify anyone when outbreaks happened or even tell clients if their dog got injured. Current director also has no problem employing people that are too rough on the animals (1 dog trainer was witnessed throwing a dog her first day and another body slammed a puppy (thankfully no injuries)). When I left they were taking away all breaks for staff because “they aren’t necessary”. 1 person per 15 dogs is their new goal even though company policy states 2 people in a room at all times to ensure safety of animals and staff. None of the new hires get properly trained in daycamp because they took away the supivisor position. It’s a mess over there last I checked.

This job was by far the most enjoyable job I ever had and I had planned to stay for years. Can only hope they come to their senses soon and do something to get back to being the amazing company they were a year ago.
Pros
Double pay for holidays, great coworkers, amazing clients, decent starting pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management, unsafe work environment

Other OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT Employee Reviews

Truly, a wonderful job!!
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 3, 2019
I've worked with Olde Towne Pet Resort in Springfield for a while now and this is genuinely my favorite job I've ever had.

Yes, it's absolutely fast-paced due to how many clients seem to enjoy bringing their pets everyday. Daycamp is always full of dogs and the pups are always soooo excited to come in and see their friends! Pet care, we walked dogs all day, play with dogs non stop and there's the obvious non-stop cleaning that is a given for anywhere you will work. Seeing the amount of "regular" clients/pets coming on a daily basis 1. shows that our clientele really love us and 2. brings joy to myself because their pets have essentially turned into our pets based on how often we see them.

I would highly recommend working here if you're prepared to have a great time. Constantly moving and staying active throughout your shift is the best because now I don't need a gym membership!!
Pros
Personal pet discount on daycamp, grooming and boarding
management is the WORST
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 6, 2019
The Springfield location is the most stressful place to work at. Everything is impossible when it is extremely understaffed all the time. I was scheduled to work by myself with 60 pets in house and it was the most stressful day for me, and it has happened way too often. I got written up for "rushing things" and not taking the time to do certain tasks. Things here cannot be done without the proper amount of people working because then dogs do not get out for their walks on time. The manager does not schedule enough people so this place is an absolute wreck and PM shift is forced to stay until midnight to finish the tasks that aren't finished in the morning and it is not fair.
Do not work here unless you really need a job. This place is full of toxic managers and stressful work days, I dread working at this place.
Pros
The pets, customers are sweet, associates and staff.
Cons
poor management, low pay, stressful shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT. Our community is ready to answer.

OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT Reviews by Location