OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT Employee Review

View all OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT reviews

Don’t work here unless you have the impost patience
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 16, 2018
I thought I would love working here since I love animals so much but there’s no time to even give individual love to the dogs because the workers so worried about getting everything done so we can get out on time, which never happens anyways. If you work here expect to stay over hours of the scheduale they tell you to because you can’t leave till everything is closed down (at least for pm shifts) the hours are typically the same every week so it’s easy to make plans around it. The management is okay but unorganized. The director is amazing and does his best and truly cares for the pets which is awesome but the workers, not so much. The workers are mostly in high school and boy do they act like it. Some can be the best people ever and some can still be stuck in high school. A lot of people talk here and you’ll most likely get talked about as well. It’s annoying dealing with the people here especially because everyone wants to be in charge so people with the same job title as you will make you do stuff or be rude to you when asking you to do stuff. If you know how to handle high school drama and are willing to work 10 hour shifts by all means apply, but goodluck.
Pros
Meet a lot of furry friends
Cons
Unorganized, drama

Other OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT Employee Reviews

Truly, a wonderful job!!
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 3, 2019
I've worked with Olde Towne Pet Resort in Springfield for a while now and this is genuinely my favorite job I've ever had.

Yes, it's absolutely fast-paced due to how many clients seem to enjoy bringing their pets everyday. Daycamp is always full of dogs and the pups are always soooo excited to come in and see their friends! Pet care, we walked dogs all day, play with dogs non stop and there's the obvious non-stop cleaning that is a given for anywhere you will work. Seeing the amount of "regular" clients/pets coming on a daily basis 1. shows that our clientele really love us and 2. brings joy to myself because their pets have essentially turned into our pets based on how often we see them.

I would highly recommend working here if you're prepared to have a great time. Constantly moving and staying active throughout your shift is the best because now I don't need a gym membership!!
Pros
Personal pet discount on daycamp, grooming and boarding
management is the WORST
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 6, 2019
The Springfield location is the most stressful place to work at. Everything is impossible when it is extremely understaffed all the time. I was scheduled to work by myself with 60 pets in house and it was the most stressful day for me, and it has happened way too often. I got written up for "rushing things" and not taking the time to do certain tasks. Things here cannot be done without the proper amount of people working because then dogs do not get out for their walks on time. The manager does not schedule enough people so this place is an absolute wreck and PM shift is forced to stay until midnight to finish the tasks that aren't finished in the morning and it is not fair.
Do not work here unless you really need a job. This place is full of toxic managers and stressful work days, I dread working at this place.
Pros
The pets, customers are sweet, associates and staff.
Cons
poor management, low pay, stressful shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT. Our community is ready to answer.

OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT Reviews by Location