OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT Employee Review

View all OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT reviews

Not worth it.
Pet Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VASeptember 26, 2018
If you at all care about the job you're gonna do expect to be run into the ground, take on all the responsibilities of a supervisor without any benefits, do the same if not more work than long time employees because they have given up because the company drains them, and expect to feel worthless and be basically neglected (especially if you're due a raise). The few upsides are flexibility and they'll feed you during holidays. The Downsides are you can be locked into your shift hours after your supposed to be off, neglect, weak management, and toxic coworkers.

Trust me. It's not worth it.

However there are a few people there who really, really try their hardest. But the storm around the company is just too strong.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Coworkers, Management, and Overworked

Other OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT Employee Reviews

Truly, a wonderful job!!
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMay 3, 2019
I've worked with Olde Towne Pet Resort in Springfield for a while now and this is genuinely my favorite job I've ever had.

Yes, it's absolutely fast-paced due to how many clients seem to enjoy bringing their pets everyday. Daycamp is always full of dogs and the pups are always soooo excited to come in and see their friends! Pet care, we walked dogs all day, play with dogs non stop and there's the obvious non-stop cleaning that is a given for anywhere you will work. Seeing the amount of "regular" clients/pets coming on a daily basis 1. shows that our clientele really love us and 2. brings joy to myself because their pets have essentially turned into our pets based on how often we see them.

I would highly recommend working here if you're prepared to have a great time. Constantly moving and staying active throughout your shift is the best because now I don't need a gym membership!!
Pros
Personal pet discount on daycamp, grooming and boarding
management is the WORST
Pet Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 6, 2019
The Springfield location is the most stressful place to work at. Everything is impossible when it is extremely understaffed all the time. I was scheduled to work by myself with 60 pets in house and it was the most stressful day for me, and it has happened way too often. I got written up for "rushing things" and not taking the time to do certain tasks. Things here cannot be done without the proper amount of people working because then dogs do not get out for their walks on time. The manager does not schedule enough people so this place is an absolute wreck and PM shift is forced to stay until midnight to finish the tasks that aren't finished in the morning and it is not fair.
Do not work here unless you really need a job. This place is full of toxic managers and stressful work days, I dread working at this place.
Pros
The pets, customers are sweet, associates and staff.
Cons
poor management, low pay, stressful shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT. Our community is ready to answer.

OLDE TOWNE PET RESORT Reviews by Location