Olean General Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Staff, poor administration
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJuly 23, 2018
Thought this would be the hospital I retired from. Absolutlely loved the facility, the provider's, fellow co-worker's. Nurse's have since become being seen as a dime a dozen and are reminded of that, Unsafe staffing which administration cares nothing about. Large turn over of nurse's.
Benefits
Cons
Overworked, under staffed
Department Restructuring
Office Coordinator/Secretary Imaging Department (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJuly 20, 2018
I was employed by them for years. Department was going through a tough restructuring. Relocated for a different job. Not a lot of jobs in the Olean, NY area.
fast paced enviroment working with a team who all pitched in for the betterment of the patients
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJuly 16, 2018
A typical day at Olean General Emergency Department was fast paced and unpredictable but always challenging and learning experience. I learned to deal with stressful situations and do my job without reacting to the stress to accomplish tasks at hand. The ED staff worked like a family helping one another and working to provide continuity in care. The hardest part of the job, of course, was when we lost a patient. That is something that always remains difficult to deal with. The most enjoyable would be the very opposite of losing patients, it was being able to see them walk out of the ED.
Pros
Being offered continuing education and skills to make me a better caregiver
Cons
12 hour shifts were difficult
Ogh
LPN on Med (Former Employee) –  Olean, NY 14760July 7, 2018
Did not work there long because I did not like working nights, Hospital work. learned a whole lot , a bunch of wonderful nurses it was the main hospital and very busy but nights was a little slower. the nurses were very knowledable and did not mind helping anyone and teaching them especially if you felt uncomfortable doing a new procedure. it was a great experience working there
Pros
learning opportunites
Cons
working nights
Management is horrible!!
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYJune 29, 2018
I highly recommend you do not work in this department! The management is horrible! It’s a hired out management group and that is very bad! I work here and the director of EVS is a hired out manager. And has a buddy who works in this department but does get special treatment. Working with my fellow employees is great. But that’s where working in this department is good.
Pros
Great benefits is the only pro.
Cons
Management is hired out. And you as the employee will pay for this.
Great job
Staff Technologist (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYJune 22, 2018
Love everything about oghhusband losing his job of 16 years may have to re locate depending on his situation after the plant closes looking for new opportunities
Management is the problem
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYApril 16, 2018
Cut throat, bullies most nurses are lazy management is a lot of the problem, but the nurses are lazy pill pushers could do more. I was a CNA their also I felt uncomfortable, because I could not give good care the kind of care a patient deserves. I had 14 to 16 patients a night or the whole floor because we are working short, never enough staff.
Benefits
Cons
Relaxing exciting work environment where I never get bored
Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  OleanFebruary 19, 2018
Love almost everything about my job and workplace, except communication is lacking. Coworkers are easy to work with. Also think there should be more cross training to eliminate the possibility of Bri g phased out
Drama but flexible with family needs
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYJanuary 14, 2018
There is a lot of petty drama. No one wants to take responsibility for mistakes. They are very flexible with family needs though and allow a lot of time off in necessary.
Positive experience, great team
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Intern at the outpatient therapy clinic. Physical and occupational therapist were awesome and everyone got along great. Fast pace which made the day go by quick. Clients and staff happy made the day even better. Only complaint is that the gym is very small for how busy it is and it became congested. Overall would recommend this hospital over Coudersport. Also it seems like a much more advanced hospital than Coudy.
Pros
Happy people
Cons
Size
organizing folders and paperwork and making copies and helps with activities
Organizer (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYDecember 31, 2017
fun at times, i put folders and papers in the right place. short timed lunches. great staff and employees. long working hours. you get lunch passes when volunteering.
Pros
free lunch pass
Cons
sitting too long
Good place to work but management was awful
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYDecember 31, 2017
Management was awful mostly because they showed favoritism. If they don’t like you they will try to get you to quit (which I had seen on multiple occasions to numerous employees.) They will blame things on you that you didn’t do. The department I was in had no room for advancement. The rotating schedules are terrible if you have little ones- making daycare not an option. It would be much more reasonable if they had 7-3 workers that only worked that shift, 2-10 workers for only those shifts, etc. I liked the job because I feel like I got to learn a lot. It’s a very stressful job for a pay that you can hardly live on.
Pros
Transferring to other departments, Discounts. Using your badge for lunch. Vacation and sick time.
Cons
So many.
Review
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYNovember 29, 2017
Excellent place to work
Excellent care givers
Is clean
Somewhat quiet
Very fast paced
Has been very packed with patients lately
Over all a good place to go for world
Great place to work if you enjoy fast-pace and people
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYNovember 9, 2017
My time at OGH was just under a year. I loved my job and the only reason I left was because at the time I was caring for my grandchildren during the day, taking care of my elderly father and then working second shift and I had little time with my husband. Would I go back? Absolutely. I worked in patient access with a great group of people. The job is not for everyone. It's very fast paced. You really have to have patience and compassion for people. There are times you don't get a break, especially in the ER because it is that busy. But you work together and help each other out like a team. I miss my job there and I'm hoping to go back.
Pros
Great place to work, good benefits, rewarding
Cons
There are times you go without a break but if that's the worst thing it's not all that bad
It is a good place to work
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYOctober 18, 2017
Olean General Hospital is a good place to work however there is constant lack of staffing which makes the job difficult to complete without waiting for additional hands to help move a patient onto the bed or stretcher. I think with more staffing everyone would be more happy and also help make staff stay because I seen a lot of people leaving there because it is stressful, lack of pay, lack of staffing(help).
Pros
Food, Paid time off
Cons
Staffing, Salary
Ogh
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Olean, NY 14760September 22, 2017
OGH is not a bad place to work. I've enjoyed working here, and have learned a lot. I work in a fast pace environment and love my coworkers. Everyone works as a team, and helps each other when needed. I highly recommend.
Learning experiance
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYSeptember 19, 2017
At OGH I met many physicians and other nurses who taught me many valuable assessment stratigies and skills that I have carried with me throughout my nursing career.
Job security, but low pay.
Environmental Services Aide (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYSeptember 17, 2017
Employees are kept busy for their entire shift, but it's a manageable workload. EVS Management is handled by Xanitos, Inc. Very "worker friendly."

The pay rates are terrible for support positions.
Competitive wages
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Olean, NYSeptember 6, 2017
This is a small/rural hospital but extremely busy because of the location. Great benefits and pay for nurses because the nurses work under New York State Nursing Association which is the Union.
Pros
Pay roll deduction for everything, usually offering sign on bonuses for specific dept. ie ED L&D
Small Hospital
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Olean, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Olean General is small hospital in a small town with small salaries for small work loads to help maintain small house holds with small expenses, and small yards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Olean General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Olean General Hospital Reviews by Location